Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:59 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:04 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Looks like Parson doesn't expect Charlie to be able to hear him. At least, not with Lookamancy. Good to know.

And he doesn't seem to think that Thinkamancy will add much to the linkups besides the link.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:18 am 
    ...did I miss somewhere where they actually checked if the decrypted casters can still cast?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:23 am 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    First of all: YEEEEAAAASSSSSSS~!!!!

Caster, linking, golem-ness... making me so happy right now.

Second of all: Noooooo~!

Downer, don't leave us! Come back, Downer, come back!

Third of all: We're going to find out about decrypted casters soon enough. If nothing else, they can still inform about the caster classes. So... good!

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:26 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Nice operation name ... didn't see it coming.

Malanthyus wrote:
    ...did I miss somewhere where they actually checked if the decrypted casters can still cast?

If you missed it, so did I. I'm hoping it occurred off-camera, as this buildup would hurt if nothing happened.

Am I the only person who remembered "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" and the Stealth Catapult?

Also .... "Stealth Golem? Ace Hardware can fix that" :P

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:34 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    The Death metal golem is just a few updates away! I can smell the key lime pie baking.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:45 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    One does not simply... hmm.. that is apparently yet to be seen.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:45 am 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Oh, wait, here's a question... can golems get through the portals?

Alternately, can decrypted casters go back out of the portals?

Because, uh... if most of the casters are stuck in the MK, and so are the golems...

Wait, no! Scroll! Link-up, make a scroll, have Wanda do it!

Okay, nevermind, it's all clear now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:47 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    No one in particular wrote:

Because, uh... if most of the casters are stuck in the MK, and so are the golems...

We know that croaked bodies can so the assumption is that anything non-living or 'mindless' can go through the portal. We will see.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:51 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I knew Ace + Jack was going to be used, but I figured that they were going to make stealth suits instead of stealth golems.

Ooh, I just thought of a wicked Dirtamancy/Croakamancy combination: Bury croaked units in the ground with a Croakamancy charge. Then when enemy units pass through the hex, SURPRISE! Uncroaked coming out of the ground all around them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:10 am 
    ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ wrote:
    The Death metal golem is just a few updates away! I can smell the key lime pie baking.

'Tis just too bad they can't add rhyme-o-mancy to the mix. I prefer melodic death metal.

Also, is it just me, or do Artemis' eyes look a bit... off?

Lastly, any guesses as to what the stealth golem will look like to those who can see it?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:25 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Silly Parson, one does not simply walk into Mordor, try catapults, much quicker!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:31 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Malanthyus wrote:

I'd say it happened in this very strip. "Sources of Foolmancy flames were readily available." Technically, one could point out that the fire could've been created by Issac or one of the other multi-disciplined Thinkamancers, but meh, that's too strict I think.

Last edited by warriortribble on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:32 am 
    Oliolli wrote:
    Lastly, any guesses as to what the stealth golem will look like to those who can see it?

Maybe it'll be like the Thing? It'll kill & replace enemy units, and attack with horrible, bug-like appendages from random parts of its body?

Ooh! Or maybe it'll be a weird lizard-looking thing! Constantly engaged in MORTAL COMBAT!

No, no, wait! It'll be a brown, cardboard box! :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:40 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    No, no, wait! It'll be a brown, cardboard box! :D

That one!

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:43 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    On a gramatical note, "That spell that ended our turn and wrecked the battle plan was from Charlescomm, we think." Should be "The spell," no?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:43 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    joosy wrote:

We know that croaked bodies can so the assumption is that anything non-living or 'mindless' can go through the portal. We will see.

Bold assumption. Nothing suggests that any other kind of unit other than casters and parson are able to go through the portal. If i recall, a corpse is not considered a "unit", but an "object" and that was likely why Parson reasoned they would be able to pass through the portal. Casters are the only kind of unit that can pass through the portal; but objects(clothing, scrolls, books, staffs, etc) are not units and so they pass through too.

I think the reason parson wants to create a mindless, non-living unit, is because he doesn't want to go sending living units on what may be a suicide scouting mission.

Also i think he's just testing things out for now... he's taking advantage of the thinkamancers to figure out what he's able to do. Once he knows what units he can create through link up's he'll go back to his capital and put them into production. He can either invite the thinkmancers to help unravel the links, or he can, as someone above mentioned, have the trimancers craft scrolls so they don't need the link up once they are back in space rock.

warriortribble wrote:
    On a gramatical note, "That spell that ended our turn and wrecked the battle plan was from Charlescomm, we think." Should be "The spell," no?

Don't really need a grammer check... that's Parson talking. Lots of people don't use proper grammer when speaking... its just Parson's way of talking.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:59 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool
    warriortribble wrote:

It's perfectly grammatical English. Using "that" adds a bit more emphasis than using "the".

• That law they passed last month just went into effect.
    • That movie we saw last night was terrible.
    • That dinner you made me last night was delicious!

You get the idea. ;)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:01 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJejZrtVtMc

Also the Thing was some sort of corpse monster/zombie. So that would be Wanda+Jack no?

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:04 am 
    niklinna wrote:
    It's perfectly grammatical English. Using "that" adds a bit more emphasis than using "the".

Fair enough. Seeing "that noun that" still feels a touch weird to me though.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions