Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:28 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:32 am 
    Heh. I like this Archon. And Pierce, too.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:38 am 
    AAAahhahahahah, oh that was great! I had a huge laugh from THAT!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:54 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Nicely done. (And I can totally hear Alda's voice.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:28 am 
    I was watching M*A*S*H when I read the update. For which I now suspect Rob of spying on me.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:44 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool
    Volunteered? Because Pierce is immune to her charms, or because he's going to win that game?
    Miranda Rights? Hee. There are no rights here.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:54 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    nargbop wrote:
    Volunteered? Because Pierce is immune to her charms, or because he's going to win that game?
    Miranda Rights? Hee. There are no rights here.

Oh, he is definitely not doing it because he's immune to her charms. He is here to be entertained. Let's see if the Archon can get him drunk and a good deal more than he bargained for.

So, now that Cubbins is back and among the waking, I wonder how he's going to react to Ace's "demise".

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:55 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent
    Now he really feels like Hawkeye to me.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:00 am 
    So she is being transported to Jetstone... Hummm...

Obviously, Charlie does know about the natural thinkamancy thing, and he will not take back Lilith to Charlescomm. He will try turning her in Jetstone.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:58 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I'm guessing since most other Archons (all?) that we've seen are named for TV characters that this one is the Lilith from True Blood?

Not really sure if it's possible but wiping out this caravan should be high on Parson's to-do list. I wonder if Ace can make a rocket-backpack for a Heavy unit?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:12 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Seems like I was wrong, she's not Courtney Cox from Friends. Seems none of the Friends made it.

That just put a big smile on my face.

And with a name like Lillith... it feels like this won't be the end of our time with Lillith. I wonder if we're gonna get a little Medical opinion on the addiction factor that Arkentool put on the units they control...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:32 am 
    very cute. Thank you.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:57 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    Hmm, Pierce mentions he's a doctor. Obviously flavor cause of the character he is based on, but in a world where everyone automatically heals at the start of their turn and the only healers are healomancers (or units with natural healomancy) I am sorta surprised the term exists at all. I suppose it is just what they call any unit with the ability to heal.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:06 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Sixty wrote:
    Hmm, Pierce mentions he's a doctor...I am sorta surprised the term exists at all.
    Puns first, logic second :p The term doesn't really "contradict" Erf-logic, so there's no reason for Rob not to use it. Heck, in a way it actually does make sense. The reason people in our world say "I'm a doctor" in that fashion is to reassure people "I've seen it all before, and this is my profession, so no need to feel shy/embarrassed." and in that respect, Pierce's situation is identical. He's a caster who's entire purpose requires that he have intimate knowledge of bodies and the way they function.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:24 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit
    /unlurks

Anyone else thinks, besides the unrelated pun-a-riffic name, Miranda Wright's appearance (blue eyes, "buff-looking", short straw blond hair) and situation as a guard in a tent might be a nod towards Brienne of Tarth from A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:25 am 
    0beron wrote:
    Puns first, logic second :p

QFT

I think a lot of us seem to forget what the #1 rule of Erfworld is

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:47 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    0beron wrote:
    If we believe that then there's no point in trying to understand anything in Erfworld. In my experience the puns always make sense.
    0beron wrote:
    Heck, in a way it actually does make sense.
    If it didn't make sense I would be very disappointed with Erfworld. We're reading Erfworld here, not Chef Brian.

I take the existence of the term "doctor" to suggest one of two things. Either Healomancers aren't the only kind of healers and that some units may be capable of nonmagical medical treatment, or else a doctor is a special type of Healomancer specialized in repairing people while other Healomancers might specialize in repairing other kinds of units, items, or even fortifications. It's also possible that "doctor" is just a slang term for Healomancer.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:58 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Lilwik wrote:
    0beron wrote:
    If we believe that then there's no point in trying to understand anything in Erfworld. In my experience the puns always make sense.

Second is pretty high on the list, you know. And it's more demanding than puns. It gets its way almost all the time.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:20 am 
    Lilwik wrote:
    ...Either Healomancers aren't the only kind of healers and that some units may be capable of nonmagical medical treatment,...

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F126.jpg

"Healers, positions!" (Whole row of them based on nurse type dress, all look alike)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:44 am 
    Maybe 'Doctor' is a title reserved for Master-Class Healomancers?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions