Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:34 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:39 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent
    Holy Cwap! I believe that's the first time Stanley has approved of Parson.

It also just occurred to me... the reason Parson can enter the Magic Kingdom is because the summon prefect warlord spell covered every angle to ensure Parson could destroy charlie.

Last edited by technojunkie on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:42 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    No, I believe that approval came earlier, when he decided that even he would miss the guy if he croaked and decided to change the capital after all.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:43 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent
    Yeah I realized that after I posted. A better word choice would have been I think this is the first time Stanley has been happy about Parson's activities/intent.

Last edited by technojunkie on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:44 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Oh, man! I just realized... Stanley is going to LOVE the fallout of the new Capital!

He's been itching for a reason to get back out in the field and bust some heads, right? A roadtrip with all his dwagons to the Spacerock, and possibly a return trip? He's gonna be so happy!

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:45 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Previous updates had made me start to warm up to Stanley as a character, and this continues that process. Yeah, dude, Charlie is totally hateable. Good on you for having that instinctive reaction, you can't be all bad obviously.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:45 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I will bet Charlie is trying to block the calls because he knows he is screwed. Charlie is not in a good position right now he has a very pissed warlord who can fight him coming for him and he need allies and not many that are nearby are in any shape to fight GK. It is looking like there is a major storm brewing and it will not be pretty.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:51 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Stanley sounds as cheerful as Fix-It Felix.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:55 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    The call feels weird, huh? I wonder if that means Maggie is using one of those more unusual techniques Thinkamancers normally keep a secret to dodge Charlie.

Now that Charlie's ability to tap thinkagrams has been exposed, it wouldn't surprise me if he jams Gobwin Knob as completely as possible. After all, vital intel is more likely to be protected, so if he can do nothing else, he may as well inconvenience them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:06 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    badninja wrote:
    I will bet Charlie is trying to block the calls because he knows he is screwed. Charlie is not in a good position right now he has a very pissed warlord who can fight him coming for him and he need allies and not many that are nearby are in any shape to fight GK. It is looking like there is a major storm brewing and it will not be pretty.

Well, I wouldn't say Charlie is screwed. Well, he is, but not because of his position. He's screwed because he has the Perfect Warlord gunning for him.

But his position is fine. He's got an impenetratable fortress way out somewhere. He's getting back into the Royals' good graces via saving Jetstone. As Parson said, he's got intelligence about what... everyone.. is doing. Whereas GK is sort of precarious - their capital is way out in the boonies, they've got no allies, and know nothing about the world outside of what their scouts see. They've also suffered pretty heavy losses in this battle, despite the decryption regaining some of their forces back.

But GK's got A Protagonist on their team, and that's something.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:28 pm 
    ManaCaster wrote:
    The call feels weird, huh? I wonder if that means Maggie is using one of those more unusual techniques Thinkamancers normally keep a secret to dodge Charlie.

Hm. Or maybe it means that the call is being monitored or recorded (for quality assurances purposes, that is). Or, maybe it's even being tampered with -- a slight change to what Maggie's saying could have big implications for how the Tool goes about preparing, and could potentially screw GK over.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:33 pm 
    Isn't it odd that Stanley can't "sense" Maggie? Might there be some question as to her loyalty (to Stanley vs to TGMTTA)? Or am I missing something basic?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:07 am 
    Pointyleaf wrote:
    ManaCaster wrote:

Hm. Or maybe it means that the call is being monitored or recorded (for quality assurances purposes, that is). Or, maybe it's even being tampered with -- a slight change to what Maggie's saying could have big implications for how the Tool goes about preparing, and could potentially screw GK over.

It's also possible that charlie is attempting to jam the call and Maggie is either using all her strength or is being augmented by another thinkamancer to 'burn through'

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:19 am 
    ManaCaster wrote:
    Now that Charlie's ability to tap thinkagrams has been exposed, it wouldn't surprise me if he jams Gobwin Knob as completely as possible. After all, vital intel is more likely to be protected, so if he can do nothing else, he may as well inconvenience them.
    I disagree. If Charlescom can evesdrop instead of jamming, he's better off doing so, because even non critical chatter can hint at privilaged information. Most use that Gobwin Knob makes of comunication charlie can intercept is to Charlie's advantage, so he's better off enabling that in the off chance that Parson makes that mistake.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:38 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Well, he can do both. Jam all he can and then eavesdrop on whatever gets through.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:41 am 
    King Mir wrote:
    ManaCaster wrote:
    I disagree. If Charlescom can evesdrop instead of jamming, he's better off doing so, because even non critical chatter can hint at privilaged information. Most use that Gobwin Knob makes of comunication charlie can intercept is to Charlie's advantage, so he's better off enabling that in the off chance that Parson makes that mistake.

I disagree. Once you know that enemy has broken your code it is still useful to send messages *when you want* without code by radio to your army. It is useful for enemy to jam those transmissions while at same time they monitor them. (Since everyone knows they are listening you will only send orders when helpful to your side compared to theirs)

For example, suppose during WW2 Japan had broken all of american codes and americans knew that. An american scout spots lots of Japanese airplanes heading to Pearl Harbor. It is in american interests to radio Pearl Harbor to warn them even though it will also warn the japanese that they have been spotted. It is in Japan's interests to jam the radio signal.

Last edited by multilis on Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:52 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Cantripmancer wrote:
    Isn't it odd that Stanley can't "sense" Maggie? Might there be some question as to her loyalty (to Stanley vs to TGMTTA)? Or am I missing something basic?

The Thinkomancers Temple blocks Thinkogram surveillance. This could include blocking natural thinkomancy of Rulers.

Also, that's a very good Stanley.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:17 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Quote:
    "...prepare the city for possible assault by air. From Charlescomm."

I bet five quatloos that this is misdirection and that if Gobwin Knob is attacked it will be through the dungeon by Marbits. I've been waiting far too long for that particular shoe to drop.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:18 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Zeal wrote:
    Quote:
    "...prepare the city for possible assault by air. From Charlescomm."

I bet five quatloos that this is misdirection and that if Gobwin Knob is attacked it will be through the dungeon by Marbits. I've been waiting far too long for that particular shoe to drop.

I think you mean Gobwins.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:23 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    I don't know enough of the rules of the game to see why Charlie isn't all but invulnerable.

When we here in RL have a country with massive air-superiority with matching weapons power, matchless communications (and not just to their own troops, but able to gather in the communications of your enemies too) and superior reach (Which is the same as Move in Erfworld, right?) are they not considered all but invulnerable?.

How is Parson supposed to protect his own kingdom/ruler at the same time as attacking a guy who must have a scary powerful ability to concentrate his forces onto anyone attacking him?.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions