Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:55 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:04 pm 
    <snip>

Last edited by sanjmerchant on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:11 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    sanjmerchant wrote:
    Parson's handwriting is TERRIBLE!

Anyone care to post a transcript?

Our communications may be completely compromised. They can be interrupted at will. Ask all I can about this when I meet w/Isaac. Use paper for notes until then. Look into a code or cipher system.

STRATEGIC VULNERABILITIES
    Intelligence: we lack it.
    Sigint: Charlie's got ours, we don't have anything on him. Ask Isaac about hacking Charlie.
    Humint: Gotta start making more friends, figure out who we can trust. Buy some secrets. Get some spies.
    Spacerock: If it falls, we lose our whole treasury. It's stuck out there on the map, needs reinforcements. If attacked, I can go there with

[new page]

the casters. Maybe Marie, Isaac, & some allied casters will help too.
    The Tool: Biggest single point of failure for GK. He dies, we lose. We gotta get him to Spacerock if we to change capitals, tho. See if he would appoint an heir. Who, me? [Hamstard: WOULD YOU CALL HIM DAD?]
    Prisoners: Ansom or Archon might turn, both have a lot of intel on us, Wanda.
    Geopolitics: Everybody's against us. That needs to stop. Let's get some diplomacy going with non-Royal sides.
    Magic Kingdom: We made a lot of enemies here today. They will move us @ some point. Need a deterrent of some kind. Magical defenses?
    Charlie's Powers: Remember the turnamancy spell at the battle. The wizard has more tricks. [Hamstard: EXPECT SURPRISE BUTTSECKS]

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

Last edited by ftl on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:12 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Beaten to the punch by seconds. We disagree on some of the punctuation and capitalization though. =P

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:13 pm 
    DEAR GOD MY EYES!!!

...Rob? Please don't do that again ._. we can draw the conclusion he's not writing in the book...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:18 pm 
    <snip>

Last edited by sanjmerchant on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:21 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool
    sanjmerchant wrote:
    Also, what the heck does "sigint" and "humint" mean? Those were the two points that I swore I was misreading.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sigint
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=humint

;)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:22 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Venthus wrote:
    Beaten to the punch by seconds. We disagree on some of the punctuation and capitalization though. =P

You didn't have to delete yours! :-p

Yeah, I don't know whether I got all the capitalization/punctuation right, it's way too easy when typing to type what you think should be there instead of what's actually there, and it's not like I was extremely super-careful on the details, I was just reading and typing.

Quote:
    Also, what the heck does "sigint" and "humint" mean? Those were the two points that I swore I was misreading.

Sigint - signals intelligence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigint). Basically spying by intercepting communication.
    Humint - human intelligence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humint). Basically spying via personal contact with people who know things (friends, spies, etc.)

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:22 pm 
    Comms:
    Since Isaac has mastery of two eyemancy fields and great skill in the third, maybe they can have him produce more eyebooks for Gobwin Knob's other commanders. Hire a Mathamancer to modify the eyebooks with encryption. Maybe a Hat Magician as well to bypass jamming?

Allies:
    They can create a new side at Unaroyal, maybe even Gobwin Knob as well if Stanley isn't too attached. That would also help protect Stanley. It's not like a ruler has to live at their own capital if the two sides are closely allied enough. If chances of popping a caster is based on how many are already on the side, they can use that as an exploit to pop large numbers of them by having them all turn to the richest allied side.

Royal sides are said to gang up on non-royal sides when they get too powerful to enforce Royal Supremacy. Jitteratti and Carpudlian probably have grudges against the Royal coalition. Maybe Gobwin Knob can create the Revolutionary Coalition.

Haggar is an enemy of Jetstone and will be unhappy with Charlie. Maybe Gobwin Knob can offer to ally and decrypt Prince Sammy. That way, King Dickie gets his son back, and Gobwin Knob has someone on the side of Haggar with loyalties to them, lessening the chances of a backstab.

Ansom is still firmly on Gobwin Knob's side for now. I doubt he can convince Jillian, but her heir might be willing to help. Especially if said heir is a Eyemancer, Hippiemancer, or Predictamancer. With what Jillian's been pondering lately, I'm personally expecting a Thinkamancer or Date-a-mancer.

Spacerock:
    Upgrade it. Possibly enhanced with some sort of Dirtamancy link, like with Ace to create a "dollhouse", Jack to make it self-veiling, or a Weirdomancer to make it float or something.

Magic Kingdom:
    Maybe offer some kind of concession, to make Gobwin Knob's presence a net benefit? Wouldn't appease everyone, but it'd help.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:23 pm 
    <snip>

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:41 pm 
    Good experiment, but the execution is a bit poor, the handwriting is clunky and difficult to read. However, it makes sense since he is unsure if he can trust his eyebooks with his notes.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:47 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Handwriting aside (thick lettering doesn't help, either) I like this update. Are we going to see NSA references next?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:50 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    They don't even teach cursive writing in schools anymore in many places, Rob - you may want to have an "official" transcript in text format below the pages.

Also is there a reason the two pages are different sizes?

To the posters above... I'm not sure it's really possible to further upgrade Spacerock beyond what it already was... but they certainly need to spend some cash to rebuild it. They have some defenses - what, around 200 decrypted + casters + red dwagons + any decrypted dwagons.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:51 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Man, people like to bitch and whine. I think it's fine. Wouldn't want to see the whole comic like it, of course, but it's not THAT bad.

I think Ansom is safe from turning for now, if only because of how Jillian's been treating the other Decrypted. (LIAB Text 43, yo)

More importantly, I'm interested in seeing more non-royal sides! :D

So far, we've seen GK, the fallen Goodminton, Charlescomm (sort of) and a few other brief mentions of Non-Royals. EVERY part of the RCC is Royal. It's right there in the R! I look forward to seeing how the other sides live.

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:59 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I think this style of klog is great! I didn't find it at all difficult to read, and it gives wonderful verisimilitude. I hope this won't be the only one, but I expect when he meets with the Great Minds he will find a way to secure against Thinkamancy and go back to using the eyebook.

It's adorable that he's still doing Hamstard even when he has to draw the little critter himself. It makes me wonder why he didn't draw his own webcomic.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:01 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I just love that Parson is making Hamstard comics even when he has to do it by hand.

Old habits.

And I'm looking forward to the moment where Isaac asks what Parson needs, and he says, "I need a map of Erfworld. All the sides, all the cities, as current as possible. Get your Thinkamancy network on it. Bring all of them here to contribute. Charlie already has enough Intel, we don't need him to know how much or how little we know."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:01 pm 
    Radagast wrote:
    To the posters above... I'm not sure it's really possible to further upgrade Spacerock beyond what it already was...

Why not? The Weirdomancy idea admittedly probably wouldn't work, but if it did, that would give them a solid defense against all non-flying non-caster units.

And the dollhouse idea probably would work. Ace can already make rayguns, combine his discipline with Dirtamancy and you could probably make automated gun turrets.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:29 pm 
    Loved Parson drawing Hamstard. Never quite got from the old Klogs that he was doing that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:31 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Like most people born before 1980, I had not the least problem reading the script, just read it at the same speed I would read print. It wasn't Copper Plate, by any means, but entirely legible.

The problem with the modern young, is you have your hands held, and no one expects anything from you. The world did not start when your eyes opened, some things need practice, and are worth practicing.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:33 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Read the comic it had a lot of necessary information that Parson should have thought about before. Parson is right and i feel that TV is going to extend an olive branch here. They will have things to offer and I bet Parson will bite. About Parson's handwriting it is bad but if a transcript is available it could help, I understood most of it (because mine is much worse) but I feel cursive is dead and it sadly is a lost art.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions