Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:20 am 
User avatar
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Offline
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:30 pm
Posts: 350
New One is up.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:31 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:10 pm
    Posts: 80
    "Not today" She said. So Charlie really does have a hand in king Banhammer's croaking?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:36 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 am
    Posts: 206
    I was sure for some reason that Rusty was going to die in the battle.

    I'm guessing the actual Prediction from Marie was not that Charlie would not croak Banhammer today, but rather that he would do it several hundred turns into the future...

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:44 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:39 pm
    Posts: 92
    I've seen theories that Charlie was somehow responsible for the Dwagons that Stanley found on the way there. Is that close enough?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:47 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:28 pm
    Posts: 118
    Isn't Banhammer dead, though? Jillian wouldn't be a barbarian if her side were still intact, would she?

    I'm thinking that Banhammer is currently negotiating terms of surrender, and their mourning is because they all know the family will soon be broken up in the settlement.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:50 am 
    User avatar
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:03 am
    Posts: 295
    Tarvok wrote:
    Isn't Banhammer dead, though? Jillian wouldn't be a barbarian if her side were still intact, would she?

    I'm thinking that Banhammer is currently negotiating terms of surrender, and their mourning is because they all know the family will soon be broken up in the settlement.


    Banhammer is killed later when Stanley attacks. They are negotiating the agreements which Jack, Wanda, Jillian, et cetera were put under more likely.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:54 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:08 pm
    Posts: 299
    M.A.D wrote:
    "Not today" She said. So Charlie really does have a hand in king Banhammer's croaking?


    Seems so. It's interesting, is it not, that Jillian may well be the only person from Faq to have no idea how or why Faq fell. She still obsessively blames Stanley and is oblivious to any possible roll played by her former lover Wanda, her former patron Charlie, her former friends Jack and Marie, or even her father Banhammer. I wonder what kind of meltdown she's going to have when she finds out the truth.

    Prediction: Banhammer and Charlie negotiate an agreement whereby the surviving Faq court returns to their prior lands and collectively promise never to reveal any of his secrets in exchange for Charlie's assurance that he will not reveal Faq's whereabouts. Jillian either doesn't go along or is not trusted by her father to keep the secrets, so her memories are erased or altered. Some time later, Wanda, in hopes of fulfilling her prophecy, conspires with Stanley to seize Faq. Charlie is either involved directly or else learns of it and realizes he can destroy Faq and possibly get the Arkenhammer if he ensures Stanley succeeds -- hence the unusual number of dwagons obtained en route to Faz, which implies Carneymancer involvement. Simultaneously, while Stanley is attacking Faq, Charlie also engineers the coup against Saline IV, either because he wants Stanley to be an Overlord or possibly with the intent of killing Stanley in the field (if Charlie was not aware that Saline took the unusual step of appointing a non-Royall as heir).

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:04 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:55 pm
    Posts: 1463
    M.A.D wrote:
    "Not today" She said. So Charlie really does have a hand in king Banhammer's croaking?
    No, Predictions are serious business, so you shouldn't read into them. If Marie simply Predicted that Charlie wouldn't kill Banhammer it would mean that Banhammer was safe from Charlie forever, and that's probably beyond Marie's power to Predict. She's just limiting her Prediction, perhaps because she doesn't have enough juice to know that Charlie would never kill Banhammer. I really think that if Marie knew that Charlie was going to kill Banhammer she would say so.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:19 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:49 pm
    Posts: 127
    atalex wrote:
    M.A.D wrote:
    " Simultaneously, while Stanley is attacking Faq, Charlie also engineers the coup against Saline IV, either because he wants Stanley to be an Overlord or possibly with the intent of killing Stanley in the field (if Charlie was not aware that Saline took the unusual step of appointing a non-Royall as heir).


    Wasn't the coup after the conquest of FAQ? I'd always had the impression that Wanda did it.

    Also, in regards to the update:

    A) Does anybody else want to just start slapping Betsy and most of the rest of the idiots?

    and

    B) Is anyone else shipping Rusty/Uncroaked Olive? That would take Wanda's revenge to an entirely new and awesome level of 'screw you'.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:39 am 
    User avatar
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:25 pm
    Posts: 1164
    Spoiler: show
    And an uncroaked Commander unit, with zero leadership.

    Oh. ...Olive.


    I couldn't help it. I laughed. :D

    _________________
    Toolshed - let's get to Milestone 4 - Rob & Linda can do things like buy a house and have a fancy wedding. Plus, Erfworld bedtime story!
    - Thanks to everyone for helping to reach Milestone 3! :)
    - You can Friend users to highlight their posts!

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:49 am 
    User avatar
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:27 pm
    Posts: 170
    I'm still impressed with how many casters King Banhammer has in his retinue, and the lost potential from that time.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:16 am 
    User avatar
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am
    Posts: 3384
    Lilwik wrote:
    M.A.D wrote:
    "Not today" She said. So Charlie really does have a hand in king Banhammer's croaking?
    No, Predictions are serious business, so you shouldn't read into them. If Marie simply Predicted that Charlie wouldn't kill Banhammer it would mean that Banhammer was safe from Charlie forever, and that's probably beyond Marie's power to Predict. She's just limiting her Prediction, perhaps because she doesn't have enough juice to know that Charlie would never kill Banhammer. I really think that if Marie knew that Charlie was going to kill Banhammer she would say so.

    I disagree. More likely Marie knows how Faq will fall, but either thinks it's unpreventable, or sees it as a necessary sacrifice. The fall of Faq is early in the chain of events that leads to the summoning of Parson, after all. There is a stigma against Predictamancers who fail to save their sides. Since we haven't really seen evidence that Marie is incompetent, I think it's likely she lets it happen.

    _________________
    I'm writing a fan fiction. It's called Murder in the Magic Kingdom. Check it out, if you'd like. Completed May 5th, 2015

    I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:45 am 
    User avatar
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:57 pm
    Posts: 869
    Welp, Labeler looks terribly masculine on this page. I'm feeling awful embarrassed right now.

    _________________
    “I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”

    -The Song of Maybe

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:00 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:55 pm
    Posts: 1463
    Lipkin wrote:
    Since we haven't really seen evidence that Marie is incompetent, I think it's likely she lets it happen.
    That's a delightfully wild and believable idea. Predictamancers are strange in that they look to the future to make their decisions in a way no one else can, so it's almost impossible to know what might motivate Marie to do whatever she does. In this case what you're really saying is that Marie may be going directly against her Duty and even now plotting the murder of her ruler and perhaps many of her current and future friends in Faq, all for the sake of bringing Wanda to Stanley to set things up for Parson's arrival. That would certainly explain why Marie refuses to talk about the fall of Faq, but it really makes me wonder what exactly she's expecting Parson to do to justify all of that.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:06 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:49 pm
    Posts: 127
    Lipkin wrote:
    I disagree. More likely Marie knows how Faq will fall, but either thinks it's unpreventable, or sees it as a necessary sacrifice. The fall of Faq is early in the chain of events that leads to the summoning of Parson, after all. There is a stigma against Predictamancers who fail to save their sides. Since we haven't really seen evidence that Marie is incompetent, I think it's likely she lets it happen.


    The fall of FAQ: While the fall of FAQ seems to be Capital F,will personally beat your ass with a giant flaming log if you try to escape it, Fate.. I have to wonder if the method of its fall is Fate or fate?

    Because if its ass beating Fate that Wanda will betray FAQ, I have to wonder what would happen if Marie tried to tell that to Banhammer? "FAQ will fall because I'm going to tell Wanda her Fate, which will make her betray you to an idiot. Your Fate is to be murdered by your own court, uncroaked and then sent to beat your friends to death with your arm. All your works will be destroyed and remembered only by daughter, who holds them and you in contempt and would make jokes about your philosophies if she were clever enough to think of any good ones."

    Would Fate drop a flaming log on Marie? Would Banhammer try to disband her only to get hit by a flaming log? Would fiery logs rain from the heavens in a burning apocalypse? What do you think would happen if someone tried to kick Fate in the balls that way?


    Also Rusty x Zombie Olive 4 ever.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:00 am 
    User avatar
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:48 pm
    Posts: 555
    I feel like the high elves may have always hated Olive for how she used the garden to pervert hippimancy. though It does beg the question though why they never broke their alliance like we have seen other natural allies do if that's how they felt about her... could be that they feared her and Faq too much. or could be part of their nature that they would never betray a side they become a part of. However, Once Olive was captured the High elves saw their chance to get rid of the despised garden and be rid of Olive for good; hence why they made no effort to help olive or take the city afterward

    Quote:
    but it really makes me wonder what exactly she's expecting Parson to do to justify all of that.


    To fight the war to end all wars


    Quote:
    Prediction: Banhammer and Charlie negotiate an agreement whereby the surviving Faq court returns to their prior lands and collectively promise never to reveal any of his secrets in exchange for Charlie's assurance that he will not reveal Faq's whereabouts.


    Actually in the previous epilogue, Jack implied that Charlie payed a high price to keep his secrets. It won't be easy for Faq to rebuild after everything they have lost, but it could be that right now, Charlie is giving them a price for their silence; Faq agrees to remain silent about everything they heard in exchange for a huge payout that will help them rebuild.

    _________________
    My Deviantart

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:10 am 
    User avatar
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am
    Posts: 3384
    Jabberwocky wrote:
    Lipkin wrote:
    I disagree. More likely Marie knows how Faq will fall, but either thinks it's unpreventable, or sees it as a necessary sacrifice. The fall of Faq is early in the chain of events that leads to the summoning of Parson, after all. There is a stigma against Predictamancers who fail to save their sides. Since we haven't really seen evidence that Marie is incompetent, I think it's likely she lets it happen.


    The fall of FAQ: While the fall of FAQ seems to be Capital F,will personally beat your ass with a giant flaming log if you try to escape it, Fate.. I have to wonder if the method of its fall is Fate or fate?

    Because if its ass beating Fate that Wanda will betray FAQ, I have to wonder what would happen if Marie tried to tell that to Banhammer? "FAQ will fall because I'm going to tell Wanda her Fate, which will make her betray you to an idiot. Your Fate is to be murdered by your own court, uncroaked and then sent to beat your friends to death with your arm. All your works will be destroyed and remembered only by daughter, who holds them and you in contempt and would make jokes about your philosophies if she were clever enough to think of any good ones."

    Would Fate drop a flaming log on Marie? Would Banhammer try to disband her only to get hit by a flaming log? Would fiery logs rain from the heavens in a burning apocalypse? What do you think would happen if someone tried to kick Fate in the balls that way?


    Also Rusty x Zombie Olive 4 ever.

    Do we know she didn't tell? Jack and Wanda turned to GK. The other casters of Faq are presumed dead. That leave Marie. Either she tried to warn Banahmmer, and she went barbarian after he refused to listen, or she went barbarian and fled before or during the attack.

    The simplest answer is that Banhammer would not believe her, or try to argue with her. He'd also probably try to bring it to a committee with the other casters, which would be very hard to do without drawing Wanda's attention. By the time he was ready to act, I'm betting Stanley would be on his doorstep.

    _________________
    I'm writing a fan fiction. It's called Murder in the Magic Kingdom. Check it out, if you'd like. Completed May 5th, 2015

    I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:11 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:03 pm
    Posts: 81
    Location: DE
    MonteCristo wrote:
    Quote:
    Prediction: Banhammer and Charlie negotiate an agreement whereby the surviving Faq court returns to their prior lands and collectively promise never to reveal any of his secrets in exchange for Charlie's assurance that he will not reveal Faq's whereabouts.


    Actually in the previous epilogue, Jack implied that Charlie payed a high price to keep his secrets. It won't be easy for Faq to rebuild after everything they have lost, but it could be that right now, Charlie is giving them a price for their silence; Faq agrees to remain silent about everything they heard in exchange for a huge payout that will help them rebuild.

    FAQ only needs to rebuild 3 citys. Haffaton had about 50 citys.
    When Jillian sacked Progrock of GK, she got 40000 schmuckers out of it.

    So, just razing all that cities should be enough to get all the money FAQ needs for rebuilding.
    No need for Charlie to actually pay something, so I think the "high price" will be something else...

    _________________
    -HaJo

    You Only Live Twice or so it seems,
    One life 'till you croak, and one 'till you dust.


    Last edited by hajo on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:22 am 
    User avatar
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:38 pm
    Posts: 355
    Lipkin wrote:
    Jabberwocky wrote:
    Lipkin wrote:
    I disagree. More likely Marie knows how Faq will fall, but either thinks it's unpreventable, or sees it as a necessary sacrifice. The fall of Faq is early in the chain of events that leads to the summoning of Parson, after all. There is a stigma against Predictamancers who fail to save their sides. Since we haven't really seen evidence that Marie is incompetent, I think it's likely she lets it happen.


    The fall of FAQ: While the fall of FAQ seems to be Capital F,will personally beat your ass with a giant flaming log if you try to escape it, Fate.. I have to wonder if the method of its fall is Fate or fate?

    Because if its ass beating Fate that Wanda will betray FAQ, I have to wonder what would happen if Marie tried to tell that to Banhammer? "FAQ will fall because I'm going to tell Wanda her Fate, which will make her betray you to an idiot. Your Fate is to be murdered by your own court, uncroaked and then sent to beat your friends to death with your arm. All your works will be destroyed and remembered only by daughter, who holds them and you in contempt and would make jokes about your philosophies if she were clever enough to think of any good ones."

    Would Fate drop a flaming log on Marie? Would Banhammer try to disband her only to get hit by a flaming log? Would fiery logs rain from the heavens in a burning apocalypse? What do you think would happen if someone tried to kick Fate in the balls that way?


    Also Rusty x Zombie Olive 4 ever.

    Do we know she didn't tell? Jack and Wanda turned to GK. The other casters of Faq are presumed dead. That leave Marie. Either she tried to warn Banahmmer, and she went barbarian after he refused to listen, or she went barbarian and fled before or during the attack.

    The simplest answer is that Banhammer would not believe her, or try to argue with her. He'd also probably try to bring it to a committee with the other casters, which would be very hard to do without drawing Wanda's attention. By the time he was ready to act, I'm betting Stanley would be on his doorstep.


    But Banhammer was able to successfully evacuate all his casters in the Olive attack, and according to what we know, Stanley's initial group of dwagons was nearly wrecked by the outlaying defenses and he found more on the way to FAQ proper. This would give Banhammer time to evacuate his casters as he is aware the end is coming. Then, we have never been told the fate of the FAQ casters. We know a Turnamancer was not one of them, and Jillian only needed a Turnamancer in FAQ, so we shouldn't read too much into that.

    Basically, all the casters could still be alive, so Banhammer's legacy may not be lost... unfortunately. The fugging idiot. I also think that Banhammer is just aware of his fate, and that Marie knows that trying to oppose it will end things even more badly. And that is something that Marie, being a Predictamancer that actually knows what she is doing, is not going to try and get in the way of, coax along the way, or manipulate into coming about like the idiotic Temple tried to do, dooming her side.

    So, Marie knowing that some things are Fated to happen, hard F, is making sure that the people involved only know enough to see the results come about without having any flaming logs land on their heads. Marie also probably told her other casters, "Today is the day. Let's have tea inside the Magic Kingdom. Jack, you need to stay with Wanda, because you have a part to play as well." Or something thereabouts.

    Charlie's involvement in the fall of FAQ is probably acting as the broker for Wanda sending a Thinkagram to Stanley to lure him into her trap.

    _________________
    Wow! My hack writing has made the front page! Read Shadows of the Evergreen here with art by ElvenAvariel!
    And what's this madness?! Strongman the Barbarian is in the Community Stream now, too?!

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:42 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:03 pm
    Posts: 81
    Location: DE
    BakaGrappler wrote:
    Charlie's involvement in the fall of FAQ is probably acting as the broker for Wanda sending a Thinkagram to Stanley to lure him into her trap.

    Wanda used a scroll.
    She wouldn't trust Charlie much after the events we are seeing in the current updates :mrgreen:

    _________________
    -HaJo

    You Only Live Twice or so it seems,
    One life 'till you croak, and one 'till you dust.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ] 

    Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Cyrrakarth, JaseXavier, Neceros, NinaAndresen, Sildraug, Sledged, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: