Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1478 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:37 am 
User avatar
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
Offline
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:36 pm
Posts: 1909
bladestorm wrote:
I have dropped from second place to fifth place, and may soon join the ranks of negative quatloo.


A lot of that can be attributed to the 30q bet with fjord over evidence that the hammer can only levitate. Even if the hamer could only levitate, I have no idea why you accepted such a short horizon on the proof. Even though we suspected the book would be substantially longer at that time.

Also, your providing extra funds for the penny pools hurt.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:03 am 
    User avatar
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:30 pm
    Posts: 419
    mortissimus wrote:
    Oh, I did not realise that was a point of different interpretations.

    Well, then: 5q on the army outside the gates being natural allies of Haffaton.


    I'll take that.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:21 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 10:11 pm
    Posts: 923
    drachefly wrote:
    bladestorm wrote:
    I have dropped from second place to fifth place, and may soon join the ranks of negative quatloo.


    A lot of that can be attributed to the 30q bet with fjord over evidence that the hammer can only levitate. Even if the hamer could only levitate, I have no idea why you accepted such a short horizon on the proof. Even though we suspected the book would be substantially longer at that time.

    Also, your providing extra funds for the penny pools hurt.

    The ending of Book 2 came up a LOT sooner than anticipated. I think the biggest impediment was the fact that it was getting to be so long in between substantial updates that I didn't have enough data for my predictamancy to work with. The outcomes were too fuzzy.

    Regardless, it was necessary. Prior to this, there was like 70 points separating 2nd and 3rd place. Stimulus quatloo.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:13 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 pm
    Posts: 686
    Darn, looks like I missed out on some primo bets while I was sick. I'll ask now so there isn't confusion in the future: What happens if Parson is declared to be some sort of omni or null caster? AKA has no prime school either because they're all prime for him, or nothing is. Or what if it is shown that there really isn't any way to determine it?

    I was thinking about calling a loss on my bet with Mortissimus about the mide-wipe effect, as it looks like there was some kind of deal with Charlie to suppress information instead, but Jilian may get one from all this smoke. Will give it a few more updates to see. Still, doesn't look good for me there.

    As for the broom, I'm not ready to call it. There is a prediction on if that is really an army out there or not, and even if it is, until we get proof that they set it as opposed to simply arriving around the time the broom's fire started. Still, this one also doesn't look great for me :(

    Oh, and with the natural ally bet, you might want to clarify if the army has to be 100% natural allies with no Man commanders or anything like that, or mostly natural allies with a Man Commander or what. Just a suggestion.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:21 am 
    User avatar
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:48 pm
    Posts: 1148
    Website: http://askcountdowner.tumblr.com
    Location: Nowhere Atoll
    Taikei no Yuurei wrote:
    Darn, looks like I missed out on some primo bets while I was sick. I'll ask now so there isn't confusion in the future: What happens if Parson is declared to be some sort of omni or null caster? AKA has no prime school either because they're all prime for him, or nothing is. Or what if it is shown that there really isn't any way to determine it?

    My exact words were "Parson is a Date-a-mancer"... if he's anything else, I was wrong. The people who bet against me may have been thinking "no way, he's a signamancer/mathamancer/dirtamancer" or anything else, but what they bet on was "he's not a date-a-mancer."

    If he's an omni/null caster instead of a date-a-mancer, I'd pay off on that. *shrugs*

    _________________
    "Are you always so pessimistic?"
    "Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
    ---
    Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:34 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:07 am
    Posts: 675
    This is why my offer (which no-one has taken up on) was "if Parson has a specific Discipline, it's Signamancy". Hedges for if he has all or none.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:48 am 
    User avatar
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:36 pm
    Posts: 1909
    Taikei no Yuurei wrote:
    As for the broom, I'm not ready to call it. There is a prediction on if that is really an army out there or not, and even if it is, until we get proof that they set it as opposed to simply arriving around the time the broom's fire started. Still, this one also doesn't look great for me :(

    Agreed all around.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:21 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 pm
    Posts: 686
    wih wrote:
    This is why my offer (which no-one has taken up on) was "if Parson has a specific Discipline, it's Signamancy". Hedges for if he has all or none.

    Hmm, missed that that was open. I'll take you up on it for however many quat you bet. I'm guessing this will be a bust though, as my own prediction is that he doesn't have a normal class, or it'll be impossible for anyone to determine a caster's class if they don't already know it. No quat on... heck, I'll do a 5q bet on that if anyone is interested:

    My bet is that Parson doesn't fall into one of the 23 standard classes of caster. Might be that his class is indeterminable, might be that he is good/bad at all of them, or that he is some other form of combo caster. Whatever the case, he won't simply be a sign/math/croak/whatever-a-mancer. You know, besides the fact that he is already a warlord.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:22 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 pm
    Posts: 686
    Oh, and yeah, I said 23 classes. If he is a retconjurer, that's a win for me ;)

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:25 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:07 am
    Posts: 675
    Taikei no Yuurei wrote:
    wih wrote:
    This is why my offer (which no-one has taken up on) was "if Parson has a specific Discipline, it's Signamancy". Hedges for if he has all or none.

    Hmm, missed that that was open. I'll take you up on it for however many quat you bet.

    It was for 20q.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:34 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 pm
    Posts: 686
    wih wrote:
    Taikei no Yuurei wrote:
    wih wrote:
    This is why my offer (which no-one has taken up on) was "if Parson has a specific Discipline, it's Signamancy". Hedges for if he has all or none.

    Hmm, missed that that was open. I'll take you up on it for however many quat you bet.

    It was for 20q.

    I'll take you up on the full amount then.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:42 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:39 pm
    Posts: 92
    MadZuri wrote:
    Xarx wrote:
    New bet: 10q says that the troops outside the emerald city are really a veil cast by archons.

    I'll also take that bet.

    Well, confirmation that they were indeed the High elves. Evidently Charlescom has his turn after Haffaton, and moved in Archons. This doesn't disprove that there were no archons casting veils. Any neutral parties willing to call it?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:22 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:04 am
    Posts: 470
    These all looks settled:

    Quote:
    Kaed bet Mortissimus 10q that Crapsack set the garden ablaze.
    ~~~~
    Takei no Yuurei bet Xarx 5q that the broom started the fire.
    ~~~~
    Xarx bet GWvsJohn and MadZuri 10 each that the troops outside the El-Efbaum are veils cast by archons
    ~~~~
    mortizzimus bet xarx 5q that the army outside the gates of El-Efbaum is (former?) natural allies of Haffaton.


    Excellent. (What? No Burns smiley?)

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:03 am 
    User avatar
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:30 pm
    Posts: 419
    Yeah, looks like a net loss of 20q for me. I should have just bet that archons were present, but I probably wouldn't have gotten any takers.

    Damn, I hate it when a pet theory goes down in flames.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:24 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 pm
    Posts: 686
    Yep, my first lost prediction. Ah well, had to happen sooner or later. And looks like my second won't be far behind it, as the mind wipe seems unlikely, though Jillian may get a dose of it. It's hard to say. I should have included a contract not to talk about it. So obvious with a bit of thought really.

    Anyway, seems like the only reason the High Elves were working with Haffaton was for the chance to destroy the garden. Not really a prediction per say I suppose, and we may not hear anything else about it.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:59 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:04 am
    Posts: 470
    Taikei no Yuurei wrote:
    I should have included a contract not to talk about it. So obvious with a bit of thought really.


    Then I wouldn't have taken it. :)

    For the record, I did not see a NDA coming, I just thought mind-wipes unlikely for the reasons I then stated.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:12 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 pm
    Posts: 686
    mortissimus wrote:
    Taikei no Yuurei wrote:
    I should have included a contract not to talk about it. So obvious with a bit of thought really.


    Then I wouldn't have taken it. :)

    For the record, I did not see a NDA coming, I just thought mind-wipes unlikely for the reasons I then stated.

    Yeah, my problem was that I was thinking that instead of a simple NDA, it would be an agreement to be mind wiped, which seemed more likely based on Jillian seeming to have difficulty with what Charlie was etc. But it could be she was fumbling with the NDA instead of not really able to remember.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:19 pm 
    User avatar
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am
    Posts: 3600
    I'm gonna bet 5q against the 10q of someone else, that when Jillian's heir pops, it's a caster. Because it would be delicious irony.

    _________________
    I'm writing a fan fiction. It's called Murder in the Magic Kingdom. Check it out, if you'd like. Completed May 5th, 2015

    I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:10 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 10:11 pm
    Posts: 923
    Lipkin wrote:
    I'm gonna bet 5q against the 10q of someone else, that when Jillian's heir pops, it's a caster. Because it would be delicious irony.

    i'll take that.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:05 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:07 am
    Posts: 675
    Offering the following bet, as a package of 45 Q/15 each section. If you're taking portions of it, take equal from the three:
    - That during Book 3, there will be an attempt to bring a caster into an involuntary link
    - That this link will be initiated by Charlie/the Arkendish
    - That the target of this link will be Parson

    To clarify, if you take this bet for all it's 15/45, and in Book 3 Charlie attempts to involuntarily link Wanda, the net sum would be 15 to me. If Parson tried to involuntarily link Charlie, it would be 15 to you. If you took 5/15, then those example numbers would be 5 each.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1478 posts ] 

    Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot], Keighvin1 and 5 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: