Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:45 am 
This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
balder wrote:
That was a typo. Should read 2/3 complete. Sorry, Reddit stalkers. Heh.

Darn! I was looking forward to a 210 chapter epic tome of backstory. Does this mean we're NOT getting a 60 chapter stretch learning about Sizemore & Misty? D:

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:43 am 
    Re-reading this update, I'm struck by a question "Is there a spell or item that can discern truth or at least 'truth as the subject knows it'?" You'd think a Dollmancer could whip up a polygraph or a Thinkamancer could rip it out of somebodies bleeding cerebral cortex. Perhaps a Signamancer examining the subject's signamancy(IE: Body language).

What else could probably tell if someone is deliberately lying? Shouldn't Jack, as a foolamancer trained to notice all details, have a chance of knowing when someone is bullshitting him?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:49 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Jabberwocky wrote:
    Re-reading this update, I'm struck by a question "Is there a spell or item that can discern truth or at least 'truth as the subject knows it'?" You'd think a Dollmancer could whip up a polygraph or a Thinkamancer could rip it out of somebodies bleeding cerebral cortex. Perhaps a Signamancer examining the subject's signamancy(IE: Body language).

What else could probably tell if someone is deliberately lying? Shouldn't Jack, as a foolamancer trained to notice all details, have a chance of knowing when someone is bullshitting him?

Wanda, being the torture technician that she is, probably has her ways.

But I like the idea of a linked Dollmancer making a Lasso of Truth.

Also, small quibble, but I don't think Jack has been trained to do anything. Seems like Casters are popped with knowledge, and then they build on that knowledge through experience. There doesn't really seem to be teachers who hand down techniques.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:45 am 
    Janis teaching Sizemore.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:59 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Lipkin wrote:
    I don't think Jack has been trained to do anything. Seems like Casters are popped with knowledge, and then they build on that knowledge through experience. There doesn't really seem to be teachers who hand down techniques.
    GWvsJohn wrote:

Lipkin may be correct, with the exception of what GW is referring to. When attempting to master another school than their native one, it seems that a teacher at least helps the process. Perhaps the same goes for learning things in your own school as well, especially when it comes to advancing towards Master Class, we just haven't seen it demonstrated.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:41 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Jabberwocky wrote:

Yes, it is called a contract. Parson was magically compelled to tell Charlie the truth on his calculations.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:56 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    multilis wrote:
    Jabberwocky wrote:

Yes, it is called a contract. Parson was magically compelled to tell Charlie the truth on his calculations.

I assume you have to willingly enter a contract. And that prisoner would refuse to.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:14 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Lipkin wrote:
    I assume you have to willingly enter a contract. And that prisoner would refuse to.
    If I were judging that trial I'd consider that an admission of guilt. On the other hand, I expect that Banhammer would consider it a violation of human rights to force witnesses to swear to tell the truth.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:14 pm 
    Lilwik wrote:
    If I were judging that trial I'd consider that an admission of guilt. On the other hand, I expect that Banhammer would consider it a violation of human rights to force witnesses to swear to tell the truth.

Indeed. And speaking of Banhammer, can't he just order Wanda to provide a truthful and precise accounting of Olive's wrongdoings? What does Wanda's personal vendetta matter when she's magically bound to obey his command to be honest unless the entire side is immediately at stake?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:37 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Jabberwocky wrote:
    What does Wanda's personal vendetta matter when she's magically bound to obey his command to be honest unless the entire side is immediately at stake?
    I think you've put your finger right on the problem in your question. Keeping Olive alive is obviously putting the the entire side in serious danger and even Banhammer knows it. Even if he ordered honesty from everyone he has no way to be sure that he'll get it in a situation like this, because duty could easily compel even his own people to lie if it could help make Olive dead. Even direct orders were just barely holding Jillian back from croaking Olive with a sword.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions