Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 2 – Page 114
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:10 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 114
     Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:19 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit
    Ok, now I really want to know what Jack can do. He looks ... happy?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:19 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    The Carnymancer group has backed down for now -- the question is what do they do now (I doubt they'll just roll over and accept this as the permanent new status quo).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:23 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    OMGGGGG Jack and Ace look AWESOME!!!!
    I hope this means that they walked through the portal freely, and weren't just decrypted in the MK.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:31 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Wow! Book 2 is over - I didn't expect that yet!

Bet a lot of bets over in the betting thread just got put to bet. Bed.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:33 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter This user is a Tool! E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Ruler of Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Jack does not look like he gives even one. His look creeps me out, and I had to go back to find living jack to compare to.

Jack was always very ashen, grey, almost green in complexion. Now he's pink. He had pink eyes, like Maggie. Now they're blue.

That's so weird. I'm more convinced than ever that there's some sort of signamancy or pattern to the faces and eyes. It's not just Jack's livery that changed. What are we missing there?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:39 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent
    "then you can expect to join my personal guard" OMG Parson is getting DARK! Methinks he and ruthlessness haven't parted ways just yet.

**edit** on a sadder note... I just realized this is the last update we'll see from Xin. Goodbye Xin, I will miss your contribution.

Last edited by technojunkie on Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:43 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    OhMyGodOhMyGod OH. MY. GOD!!! Please let decrypted casters still be able to cast! I just can't wait to see the insane stuff Jack, Ace, and Parson will cook up. 8-)

Jamus wrote:
    Jack does not look like he gives even one. His look creeps me out, and I had to go back to find living jack to compare to.

Jack was always very ashen, grey, almost green in complexion. Now he's pink. He had pink eyes, like Maggie. Now they're blue.

That's so weird. I'm more convinced than ever that there's some sort of signamancy or pattern to the faces and eyes. It's not just Jack's livery that changed. What are we missing there?

I suspect that jack was grey, just like Maggie still it, because of the first trimancer link they shared long ago with the unfortunate Misty. Way back in Book One. They had been linked for a long time, which is bad for one's health. His livery is Wanda's.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:43 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Congratulations on completing Book 2.

I've been following Erfworld for... about five years now. I started following it some time around when The Tool bailed out of Gobwin Knob, give or take a few strips. Everybody involved in working on Erfworld has done such a great job with it. Rob with the story, Jamie and Xin with the artwork.

Rob - I'm looking forward to seeing how the story evolves from here.
    Xin - happy trails, and may you (continue to?) get paid doing what you love to do.
    New Artist Dude - Sorry that I can't remember your name, but from what I saw of the Erfabet previews, you'll do fine.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:45 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    What's happened to Jack is that he's no longer psychically crippled by his unrequited love for Jillian, or the damaging effects of the tri-link backlash. He is RENEWED, in the form of a selfless devotion to Wanda, and the opportunity to serve her.

Like all tricksters, once he is unburdened and unleashed, he is cruel and opportunistic. I'm looking forward to watching the forum hate the new Jack. I already love him. I want to BE him. I want to hurt people with deception. Wanda is already afraid of his new expression.

None of the argument about the fighting power of casters got resolved. Parson did a little eyerolling at our (my) sentiment that he coulda/shoulda just killed everyone in the MK.

Parson had a bit of of awesome, that was definitely fun. I guess he's not mad enough at the Thinkamancers to discard them as as allies.

It's really an ideal place to finally end Book 2, and thus we wave adios to Xin. Great job, great run, thanks for maintaining the quality to the end.

Edit: Oh and the continued signamancy of Sizemore's dissatisfaction. I mean it's so obvious that we forget to mention each time. He's definitely going to be betraying the home team eventually. And really, that's what makes Erfworld so great. When he does betray everyone, he won't be wrong.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:55 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Goodbye Xin and thanks for the great art!

So in the last panel we have Ace pensive, Sizemore sad, Maggie almost joyous, Wanda determined, Jack amused and who is the random grumpy warlord?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:57 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent
    Radagast wrote:
    ... who is the random grumpy warlord?

That would be Count Downer.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:58 pm 
    Is it just me, or is Parson basically declaring war on everything? Demanding the right to go to anywhere though the MK seems provocative at best, and won't make any other sides happy with him, I don't think.

Will other sides start taking precautions against him? Moving important units (i.e. rulers and heirs) away from capital sites, placing portals under heavy guard?

Will the precautions be enough?

Also, goodbye Xin! Your art's been amazing to see, I hope that eventually there will be more for us to see, whether as part of Erfworld or not!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:01 pm 
    Goshen wrote:
    Jack, Ace .. His livery is Wanda's.

I don't see Wanda's sign (skull&flower) on the decrypted casters - just the matching colors.

You Only Live Twice or so it seems,
    One life 'till you croak, and one 'till you dust.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:02 pm 
    No booping in the MK? Significant?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:02 pm 
    hajo wrote:
    I don't see Wanda's sign (skull&flower) on the decrypted casters - just the matching colors.

Look at Ace's belt buckle...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:07 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Wanda looks so sad.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:09 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Jamus wrote:

It was implied (if not explicitly stated) that his gray skin and eyes were a result of being in the Trimancer link for so long; Maggie and Misty had the same effects. Decryption healed all his wounds, including that. His smile, I think, is just the kind of expression I'd expect to see on Jack when pulling off a successful trick -- he likes clever strategies, so he enjoyed having Parson tell the Carneymancers to shut up. Of course I'd assume his personality and opinions have changed (at least where it regards Wanda), but probably not on a basic level -- remember, Ansom changed his opinions on everything, but was still the same fundamental guy underneath it, so I wouldn't expect Jack to be anyone but Jack, and aside from Wanda's livery the physical changes are mostly good, not bad. (Likewise, Ossimer showed us that the change of opinions is a one-time 'resetting of the dials' on one issue and doesn't have affect anything else or be permanent -- he became loyal to Wanda, but didn't suddenly start hating his father. Even Ansom found ways to justify fighting against his former kin by saying that it was for their own good, and it was clear he was bothered when Ossamer was killed out of hand.)

A more interesting thought: Parson knows that Thinkagrams aren't secure now, I think. By declaring his intention to kill Charlie over them, he's basically giving Charlie a declaration of war.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:19 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    Great ending to book 2! Can't wait to see where Book 3 goes (beyond the obvious war on Charlie thing at least)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:22 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I'm glad I'm not the only one weirded out by a rosy-cheeked Jack.

Also, I am SUPER happy to see Count Downer again! :D

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions