Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Website Things » Bug Reports

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:24 am 
This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
OR: Oh God, Not Again
OR: Spam Wars 2 - Attack of the Drones

Anyway, you get the idea. I think I only caught the first wave, but 4 new "Users" registered and made 4 new pages for some decidedly unErfly things this morning. I've marked them for deletion, but we may need to batten down the hatches or something if more bots are on their heels.

I'd like to remind everyone that they can help out on the wiki even if they can't delete pages themselves;
  • We need people to mark pages & users for deletion/banning. Just replace all the text in a page with {{delete|spammer}}
  • We need people to undo the damage spammers do, if they start "editing" articles (replacing all the text in them with adverts).
    1. Click the "Recent Changes" link on the side bar
    2. Click the "diff" link next to whatever the spammers ruined
    3. Up at the top, where it displays the new edit, will be a link saying "undo" Just click that!

It's a couple of small things, but they really help make things easier for the mods and for the users of the wiki. If you can... please, pitch in. Thanks.

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:05 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So much spam! Well over eighty pages of it just counting today.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:04 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Looks like the spam problem is getting completely out of hand. Maybe new edits should be temporarily locked until something can be done about the attack?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:34 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    They're back in force, seventy pages of it so far. It would have been more, but for the 'active' bot getting confused and repeatedly editing the same page. Little help?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:08 pm 
    There's so much of it... I'm having to stop killing it now 'cause my wrist is hurting, but there's still loads left from today.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:59 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
    Still keeping an eye out, but the fix done in February seems to be holding and it seems to be stably resolved now.

Apologies this didn't happen quicker.

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Website Things » Bug Reports