Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Website Things » Bug Reports

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:20 am 
Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.
It might just be me--I guess, since nobody else has mentioned it--but there seems to be some kind of adbot registered to the site. Not only that, but it keeps changing its name, which seems decidedly not bot-like to me--more like a virus or someone that hacked the site.

Really, my main question is why hasn't anybody mentioned it and why is it still running around the site unchecked so far as I can tell?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:57 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Because it's happened before, has been mentioned, and we're really not sure if Rob has ever done anything about it. Whenever it happens it eventually dies back off again, and I don't recall there ever being confirmation as to whether that's been due to action from Rob, or just dumb luck of the bots getting "tired".

Many computer-savvy forumites have made suggestions of very quick fixes that have been summarily ignored so far as I can tell. And now with a new website in the works, I'm pretty sure Rob won't make any changes to this one now.

EDIT: Removed a portion bashing the webmaster because I realized that the webmaster Harknell isn't the guy I was thinking of who got fired for poor conduct.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Website Things » Bug Reports