Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:12 pm 
This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most
Eclison wrote:
Triedit, but it responded "Invalid argument: --gpu-platform" without the quotes.

Maybe there is a spacebarhit missing?

E.

I'm sorry, you need to put "NSCRYPT-OPENCL: --gpu-platform 1 --device 0" in the override file. That "NSCRYPT-OPENCL:" bit is important and I forgot it earlier.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:08 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Mined 4 Erf This user has been published!
    Worked like a charm! Have some schmuckers :-)

E.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:06 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf
    Any update on when the Windows version will be available again? I accidentally deleted my miner using shift+delete last night when I was hurriedly cleaning up a folder, so now I have no mine4erf to run :(

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:19 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf
    I looked at the script and found where it checks for updates and was able to download 0.4.3 from there, so I'm good for now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:00 am 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Sorry about the delay- it's back up with 0.5.6 released with some bugfixes, now hosted on https://mine4erf.com. This includes a new pause system, which hopefully will resolve the issues with it on Linux.

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:57 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Mined 4 Erf
    JBeshir wrote:
    Sorry about the delay- it's back up with 0.5.6 released with some bugfixes, now hosted on https://mine4erf.com. This includes a new pause system, which hopefully will resolve the issues with it on Linux.

Even though I don't yet have a mining-capable graphics card, I downloaded the linux version and ran it in a terminal window. Here's the output:
    Code:
    Running the latest version!
    Downloading miner...
    -------------------
    Mine4Erf 0.5.6-beta
    -------------------
    FAULT: OpenCL and CUDA are not working on your system. We see a graphics card, but can't talk to it.
    This might be caused by a driver crash, or out of date drivers.
    Try rebooting or updating your driver, and please let us know on the Erfworld forums so we can improve the miner:
    http://forums.erfworld.com/viewforum.php?f=34

--------------------------------------------------
    Graphics Cards (Please include in any bug report!)
    --------------------------------------------------

Press any key to quit...

So it claims to see a card, but the list of cards is empty. However there's a worse problem: when I press a key to quit, the program leaves the terminal window in such a state that the shell doesn't receive any keyboard input. Could it maybe not do that?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:35 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Pause is working for me now; Linux with 0.5.6.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:37 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
    something broke for me.

Code:
    keybounceMBP:mine4 michael$ ./mine4erf
    Have the latest miner!
    -------------------
    Mine4Erf 0.5.6-beta
    -------------------
    Enter Erfworld username:
    Keybounce   
    Can't identify this username; please check your Internet connection and try entering it again.
    Enter Erfworld username:
    Keybounce
    Can't identify this username; please check your Internet connection and try entering it again.
    Enter Erfworld username:
    keybounce
    Enter Erfworld username:
    keybounceMBP:mine4 michael$

(... Help me assemble my army for the great war, your donations will give an army of dwagons a good home against the army of darkness ... not as important.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:06 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    keybounce wrote:
    something broke for me.

Code:
    Have the latest miner!
    -------------------
    Mine4Erf 0.5.6-beta
    -------------------
    Enter Erfworld username:
    Keybounce   
    Enter Erfworld username:
    Keybounce
    Enter Erfworld username:
    keybounce
    Enter Erfworld username:

I ran into the same issue when I was torrenting; do you have anything that could be eating up your bandwidth?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:12 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most
    keybounce wrote:
    something broke for me.

Code:
    Have the latest miner!
    -------------------
    Mine4Erf 0.5.6-beta
    -------------------
    Enter Erfworld username:
    Keybounce   
    Enter Erfworld username:
    Keybounce
    Enter Erfworld username:
    keybounce
    Enter Erfworld username:

Looks like a connectivity issue. Have you tried again since?

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:53 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    I think I caught what might have been going on here- there were apparently two bugs, one that backspace/delete didn't work and would break a login attempt in a way you couldn't see if you tried to use them while entering your username, and the other that once an attempt to enter a username had failed, all later attempts would also fail.

I've just pushed out 0.5.7, which fixes those problems and also makes it not mess up your console on Linux/macOS if it turns out it can't mine on your machine (a bit of logic that needed to happen on exit was being incorrectly skipped). Thanks for the feedback!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:04 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Mined 4 Erf
    JBeshir wrote:
    also makes it not mess up your console on Linux/macOS if it turns out it can't mine on your machine (a bit of logic that needed to happen on exit was being incorrectly skipped).

I can confirm this issue is fixed. (Too bad that's the only thing I can do with the miner right now.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:14 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Tiny bug: if you're more than one version behind the auto-updater will try to download 5.6 and then 5.7 in succession, and the 5.7 update will fail because some file is still locked. If you close out and start again the 5.7 update will work.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:36 am 
    Site Admin
    Thanks for the heads up there, I've adjusted the setup so it should be able to directly update in future.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf