Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:14 pm 
This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most
Howdy Marbitses and Gobbers!
Welcome to the 3rd monthly Mine4Erf Poker Competition!

The Award
All contributors belonging to the winning tribe will be awarded a Blue Xin Ye Card. Like below:

Crowd Sourcing
Your tribe needs your help! In addition to mining up the cards that will propel your tribe to victory you can help your tribe by collating cards into the best hand. Everyone can chip in! Simply check the spreadsheet for cards and report them here using the format below.

New Rules (Again)
The rules are basically the same as before, but with additional tiebreaker handling:
Within each deck color, a tie is resolved by the next best hand, as many hands as needed or can be produced. Each person can contribute at most one card per hand, and individual cards (by id) cannot be repeated. Effectively, a tied hand means make the two best hands of that color your tribe can muster.

Current rules:
  • Tribes each make at least three poker hands... at least one poker hand from each color deck.
  • All cards for a given hand must be from the same color deck.
  • Each card value & suit combination may only be used once per hand.
  • The best poker hand of mined cards of each deck color will be compared against the corresponding hand of the other tribe:
    • Red Gobwin hand against Red Marbit hand
    • Black Gobwin hand against Black Marbit hand
    • Blue Gobwin hand against Blue Marbit hand.
  • Whichever tribe wins the most hand comparisons wins the competition for the month.
  • One card per person, per hand, per tribe. In other words...
    • No player may contribute more than one card to a given hand.
    • Players may contribute a card to each hand for their team.
    • IE User Ripple can contribute a Blue A♣, a Black Q♦, and also a Red 8♥.
  • Ties are resolved within each deck color by a second hand of unique cards not repeated from the first hand.
    • Tiebreaker hands can repeat the same suit/value combinations from the first hand, and can be contributed by the same users, but must be separate, unique cards (by id).
    • For example, dmolla can contribute a Blue A♦ to a Royal Flush that results in a tie, and then dmolla could contribute a second Blue A♦ to a second hand, if he mined 2 in the month.
  • Partial hands are valid as if they had kickers of no value. Two 3s and no other cards is still a pair of 3s, and would be beaten by even two 3s and a 2.
  • The cards are not smarter than the players... winning hands will be decided based on what hands are reported.
  • For a card to count the card id and deck color is required.
  • Only cards mined in the current month count.

April Rules:
Spoiler: show
  • Tribes must each make three poker hands... one poker hand from each color deck.
  • All cards for a given hand must be from the same color deck.
  • Each card value & suit combination may only be used once per hand.
  • The best poker hand of mined cards of each deck color will be compared against the corresponding hand of the other tribe:
    • Red Gobwin hand against Red Marbit hand
    • Black Gobwin hand against Black Marbit hand
    • Blue Gobwin hand against Blue Marbit hand.
  • Whichever tribe wins the most hand comparisons wins the competition for the month.
  • The cards are not smarter than the players... winning hands will be decided based on what hands are reported.
  • One card per person, per deck color, per tribe (up to three cards per person). In other words...
    • No player may contribute more than one card to a given hand.
    • Players may contribute a card to each color of hand for their team.
    • IE User Ripple can contribute a Blue A♣, a Black Q♦, and also a Red 8♥.
  • For a card to count the card id and deck color is required.
  • Only cards mined in the current month count.

Reporting Cards
We are doing things a little different this month courtesy of Nimelennar's hard work. Nimelennar has developed a spreadsheet and form to handle card submission. This makes it nice and easy as you can simply copy and paste from your card list in your profile. I've also made a little guide video on using it so that everyone knows just what to do.

>>> Submit your cards here. <<<

View Submitted Cards
Guide Video

There is no need to report cards as posts in this thread. But you may certainly do so if you wish to brag! :lol: Or, if for whatever reason you are unable to use the form you can paste your cards in here and we will do it for you.

A couple notes from the man himself:
Nimelennar wrote:
Cards must be copied from the user's profile page, not from the specific card's display page.

Only Mined cards will be displayed, but any cards from the profile page will be filtered out automatically, so you don't have to filter them out.

Please submit only cards with a "Collected" Date in May.

Please do not repeatedly submit the same card (that is, multiple cards with the same 5-digit ID; multiple cards with the same Value/Suit/Deck are fine).

Cards will be highlighted in the Sortable Card List (green for Gobwin, pink for Marbit) for 48 hours after submission to assist searchers to find newly viable hands.

The Spreadsheet is locked down; the only sheet that can be modified (except through the Form) is the Sortable Card List, and it will revert to its default layout the next time the Spreadsheet is opened.

Constructive feedback is welcome.

Hand Reporting Format
Suggested format for reporting hands:

<deck color> - <hand name>, <kicker detail>
<card name> <card id> <player name>

(EXAMPLE!)
Red Deck - Pair of Aces, King Kicker
As 12459 ripple
Ac 13578 JadedDragoon
Kd 12557 dmolla
8d 12616 Valareos
3h 11544 Rob
(EXAMPLE!)

And may the best tribe win!

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

Last edited by Red on Wed May 09, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 11 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:15 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most
    Current Results as of May 31 @11:50pm EST

Current Score
    Marbits
    Gobwins {-- {-- {--

>>> Submit your cards here. <<<

>>> Card List <<<

♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
    Black Deck

<O> Marbits Hands

Kings Full of Tens

ImageImageImageImageImage

-
    K♠ 30296 stagepin
    K♥ 44194 Cryptomancer
    K♦ 44556 dmolla
    T♦ 44502 Windscion
    T♣ 30323 Knott
    -

]8\ Gobwin Hands

Nine High Straight Flush {--

-
    9♦ 30331 NoMan0013
    8♦ 30208 Calith
    7♦ 44205 ripple
    6♦ 30032 dethmourne
    5♦ 30465 The Emperors Angel
    -

♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
    Blue Deck

<O> Marbits Hands

Nine High Straight

-
    9♦ 30336 Cryptomancer
    8♣ 44410 balder
    7♣ 44406 Windscion
    6♦ 44784 Vorezal
    5♦ 44476 dmolla
    -

]8\ Gobwin Hands

Quad Fours, Ace Kicker {--

-
    4♥ 30260 Jaxad0127
    4♠ 30317 Calith
    4♦ 44486 Noman0013
    4♣ 44865 gimli_mx
    A♦ 30361 ripple
    -

♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
    Red Deck

<O> Marbits Hands

Aces Full of Kings

-
    A♦ 44655 dmolla
    A♥ 44787 Vorezal
    A♠ 44887 balder
    K♦ 44343 stagepin
    K♠ 44835 Windscion
    -

]8\ Gobwin Hands

Quad Fours, Ace Kicker {--

-
    4♣ 30254 FordPrfct
    4♦ 30065 Wolfgangs246
    4♥ 44592 ripple
    4♠ 44014 JadedDragoon
    A♦ 30099 Calith
    -

Jaded's Notes:
    Card images folder: https://static.erfworld.com/units/cards/icons/
    Card backs filename: 0_back_<Deck Color>.png
    Card Filename: <CARD VALUE>_<Card Suit>.png
    -

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

Last edited by JadedDragoon on Thu May 31, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 70 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:43 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most
    I'm a greenie ]8\ this month...one card mined (blue deck 2 <> )

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:17 pm 
    ripple wrote:

Another gobbo for the warband!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:25 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    JadedDragoon wrote:
    ripple wrote:

Another gobbo for the warband!

It may not be easy being green... But we can make it utterly disheartening to be pink.

And we shall!

Cards for the Card God!
    Gems for the Gem Throne!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:15 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    *rattles his ]8\ pike and tosses a blue-backed ten of spades onto the heap*

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:29 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Since we're still waiting for the rule changes (and for the Marbits to show up), an idea for the rules:

6-card hands, Dwagon-Poker-style (no, no conditional modifiers; we're trying to make this interesting for the participants, not to drive them insane).

The hand rankings are:
    High card: Same as in normal poker
    One Pair: Same as in normal poker
    Two Pair: Same as in normal poker
    Three of a Kind: Same as in normal poker
    Three Pair: Just what it sounds like
    Full house: Same as in normal poker, a "Three of a Kind" plus a "Pair"
    Straight: Six cards with consecutive face values, of any suits
    Four of a Kind: Same as in normal poker
    Corps-a-corps: a Three Pair where the hand is only two-suited (also could be described as "two matching three-card Flushes"), e.g. 2,3,7 of Hearts, 2,3,7 of Spades.
    Flush: Six cards of the same suit, with any values
    Full Belly: Two sets of "Three of a Kind"
    Full Dwagon: A "Four of a Kind" plus a "Pair"
    Straight Flush: Six cards of the same suit, with consecutive face values

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:26 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Well, we had a winner last month, so, let those rules ride? And I think we still need an official sponsor for the month. :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:44 pm 
    We were one card away from having six Royal Flushes. As it was, the only hand that wasn't one was still a Straight Flush. This is supposed to be a game of poker, not "build the best Straight Flush." It was fun to build the various hands on the way up, but I'd like a bit more variety at the end of it.

Official sponsor?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:38 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Grrr... I just submitted my Jack of Diamonds, Blue deck. I swear I checked Gobwin, but when I went back and forth to paste it in, I somehow changed it to Marbit I guess.

Can the sheet be edited to make my J of Diamonds for Gobwins?

My sad, gem-less gobwin:
    Attachment:
    erfmineMay.JPG
    erfmineMay.JPG [ 60.24 KiB | Viewed 2241 times ]

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:37 am 
    Urchin wrote:
    Can the sheet be edited to make my J of Diamonds for Gobwins

And here I was excited that the Marbits had actually showed up to participate.

Fixed, and the Gobwins have their first viable hand before the Marbits even have their first submitted card:

]8\ ]8\ ]8\ New Gobwin hand: ]8\ ]8\ ]8\

Blue Hand: High card: Jack, Ten Kicker

Quote:
    J♦ 30086 Urchin
    T♠ 29969 Yshl
    9♥ 29999 ripple
    7♣ 30072 copperhamster
    3♦ 30055 Merilynne

Although, of course, the real name for that hand is "Busted Straight."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:23 am 
    And I'm a gobwin again this month. Ah well... I'll get the marbit badge one day.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:27 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Jack High is a legitimate hand. I watched one of those 'Texas Doldrums' tourneys and the final, winning hand was a three way all in won by... King High.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:35 am 
    copperhamster wrote:
    Jack High is a legitimate hand. I watched one of those 'Texas Doldrums' tourneys and the final, winning hand was a three way all in won by... King High.

Yeh, we could get super technical with gut-shot straight draws and open-ended straight draws and what not. But I've been focusing on "scoring hands" (hands that would be scored)... and the current blue Gobwin hand would be scored as "Jack High". "Busted straight (draw)" is just a shorthand for describing how close someone came to having a straight (one card shy).

And yeah, you see some crazy shit at the final table of those poker tournaments.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:43 am 
    copperhamster wrote:
    Jack High is a legitimate hand.

Oh, I'm well aware. If you're playing 5-card draw, you've got a better than 50% chance that a given player won't have been dealt even a pair.

I was just being a smartass with the "real name" remark, since we just fell one card (an 8 of any suit) short of having a straight as our first hand.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:13 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    JadedDragoon wrote:

Yeh, we could get super technical with gut-shot straight draws and open-ended straight draws and what not. But I've been focusing on "scoring hands" (hands that would be scored)... and the current blue Gobwin hand would be scored as "Jack High". "Busted straight (draw)" is just a shorthand for describing how close someone came to having a straight (one card shy).

And yeah, you see some crazy shit at the final table of those poker tournaments.

Weirdest hand nickname I ever heard was 'Happy Bill in a Brothel' which is apparently 4 Queens and a King of Diamonds.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:49 pm 
    copperhamster wrote:
    JadedDragoon wrote:

Weirdest hand nickname I ever heard was 'Happy Bill in a Brothel' which is apparently 4 Queens and a King of Diamonds.

I'm rather partial to "Kings Full of Queens" myself. Naughty...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:02 pm 
    Sooo... are marbits just not playing this month? I mean... they WON last month. You'd think they wouldn't have anything to be mad about.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:27 pm 
    JadedDragoon wrote:
    Sooo... are marbits just not playing this month? I mean... they WON last month. You'd think they wouldn't have anything to be mad about.

Dunno. Maybe they have their own place to post their cards; maybe they're holding back their spins or their cards to be used later; maybe all the people familiar with the poker game are with us this month; maybe their Luckamancy has gone bad, or the algorithm that awards cards is broken.

All I know is that I don't have a bunch of Marbits in here complaining that they're unable to post to the spreadsheet, so I'm assuming the problem isn't on my end.

Edit to add:
    I'm inclined to think a combination of "unfamiliar" and "holding back," as, of the top five Marbits on the Leaderboard, only one (vorezal) has ever posted to the Poker Game in the past, and that was right at the end of the month. Plus, there was the huge discrepancy in Gems last month, which was concerning until it turned out to be nothing more than "holding back" in that case, too.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:19 pm 
    Nimelennar wrote:
    JadedDragoon wrote:

Dunno. Maybe they have their own place to post their cards; maybe they're holding back their spins or their cards to be used later; maybe all the people familiar with the poker game are with us this month; maybe their Luckamancy has gone bad, or the algorithm that awards cards is broken.

All I know is that I don't have a bunch of Marbits in here complaining that they're unable to post to the spreadsheet, so I'm assuming the problem isn't on my end.

Edit to add:
    I'm inclined to think a combination of "unfamiliar" and "holding back," as, of the top five Marbits on the Leaderboard, only one (vorezal) has ever posted to the Poker Game in the past, and that was right at the end of the month. Plus, there was the huge discrepancy in Gems last month, which was concerning until it turned out to be nothing more than "holding back" in that case, too.

Yeh, I figured... I was mostly being a smartass. :-P

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf