Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post subject: Post mining trouble?!
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:55 pm 
Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool!
OK, so about 10 minutes after I pause the miner. my main 4k 27 inch monitor freaks out and looses picture. I have to unplug the HDMI and replug it to get pic back. Does the same thing if I use a displayport connection. I have had this trouble for a week plus now. I can have my computer run normally or play video games and it does not do anything. It only does it after I pause the miner. my cpu is a I5 2550K and my video card is a GTX 1070 reference card from Nvidia. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to help me.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:22 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    This is quite strange. The pause function on the miner works by quitting the miner entirely, and having the script launch it again after waiting for the user to press a button, so all the resources are freed when it's paused.

It's also a strange symptom- the miner doesn't really interact with the monitor. Maybe something in the graphics card is resetting when the monitor is disconnected and reconnected?

I don't have much insight here, but you could try overriding the miner to use a different mining mode by creating a file named "hardware-detect-override.txt" which contains just:

Code:
    -G

And seeing if that shakes things up enough to make it work.

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:16 am 
    I will try that now. Will report back tomorrow afternoon once I start using my PC again.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:01 pm 
    Okay, so it got really weird. When it did that it would not let me mine at all. said could not drtect my GPU. I had to restart PC to get mining going. I will report back if anything else happens.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:05 am 
    Okay, so I deleted all the files in the folder. downloaded the software again and reinstalled. Five hours after I closed the miner I have not had one screen blink.

Hopefully this is the last problem I have with it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject:
     Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:50 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! For when you need it most
    Probably a dumb question, but I mined some gems and they are worth no points. Is something up, or does it have more to do with me wanting april fool gems and holding spins till today?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re:
     Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:23 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Hoshino wrote:
    Probably a dumb question, but I mined some gems and they are worth no points. Is something up, or does it have more to do with me wanting april fool gems and holding spins till today?

Spins from the previous month can still produce gems but the gems produced do not contribute points to the monthly contest. Only gems from spins produced during the current month contribute points.

Also, this should probably be in its own thread... as it has no relationship with Thaddius1000's problem.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject:
     Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:45 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! For when you need it most
    I read this as a general post for troubles, I am so sorry.

I was not intending any disrespect or distraction. Please accept my apologies Thaddius1000, I hope your issue remains fixed.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re:
     Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:05 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Hoshino wrote:
    I read this as a general post for troubles, I am so sorry.

I was not intending any disrespect or distraction. Please accept my apologies Thaddius1000, I hope your issue remains fixed.

I don't think anyone really felt disrespected. I was just thinking in terms of people finding similar problems to their own easier so the same questions don't get asked repeatedly. No worries. :-)

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf