Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:36 pm 
E is for Erfworld Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
Can anyone tell me how to "Use the gpu map feature to reliably map OpenCL to ADL"? I haven't seen anything about it in any of the info or optimization threads.

Thank you!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:13 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Looks as though others have seen this cryptic error message for years (?!) but I've not - I'm doing GPU mining with both AMD and NVidia cards but not in the same system and never with multiple displays.

The most useful (or maybe least-non-useful) discussion that I see is at
    https://github.com/genesismining/sgminer-gm/issues/60
    and the summary is
    Code:
    sgminer --help has about 3 different ways to "fix" this besides turning off the igpu.
    -d.1,2,3,4 for example ( leaving out the igpu - id 0 )
    selecting the opencl platform is another way
    And finally the remapping suggested in the error output.

Unfortunately, that's about as far as I can sort out this error....good luck....

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:00 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    ripple wrote:
    Looks as though others have seen this cryptic error message for years (?!) but I've not - I'm doing GPU mining with both AMD and NVidia cards but not in the same system and never with multiple displays.

The most useful (or maybe least-non-useful) discussion that I see is at
    https://github.com/genesismining/sgminer-gm/issues/60
    and the summary is
    Code:
    sgminer --help has about 3 different ways to "fix" this besides turning off the igpu.
    -d.1,2,3,4 for example ( leaving out the igpu - id 0 )
    selecting the opencl platform is another way
    And finally the remapping suggested in the error output.

Unfortunately, that's about as far as I can sort out this error....good luck....

OK. This seems to be beyond my ability. I'll make due with my current slow mining for now. I'm getting something at least.

Thank you for trying to help.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:56 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    If you'd like to post any specifics of your setup as best you know it, someone (including myself) could at least try to make suggestions. If you don't actually have multiple graphics adapters and/or multiple displays, then I'm wondering what's getting mis-detected.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:20 pm 
    Sure: Intel i5-3570K 3.40 GHz
    10 GB ram on the mother board
    Windows 7
    Radeon Settings Version 2015.1118.123.2413
    Driver Packaging Version 15.30.1025-151117a-296575C
    Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
    Memory Size 1024 MB
    Memory Clock 1200 MHz
    Core Clock 900 MHz
    Total Memory Bandwidth 153 GByte/s

Two monitors but as far as I know only one video card. I did switch out video cards a few years back.

Thank you!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:54 pm 
    I started typing a long e-mail in which I had no confidence once I was half way through.
    I will try to forward this to "the guy who's orchestrating the Erfworld mining stuff' in the hopes that he knows something.

Other than that my best recommendation is to unplug the second monitor temporarily and see whether that changes something - good luck?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:15 pm 
    Thank you. I appreciate it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:16 pm 
    Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Heyo Narthon. I'm guessing the thread title is a line from your miner's output? If you could paste the entire output of your mining window, it'd be easier to see what's going on. It would also include the model of your video card(s) in that output, which is helpful for any support.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:12 pm 
    Red wrote:
    Heyo Narthon. I'm guessing the thread title is a line from your miner's output? If you could paste the entire output of your mining window, it'd be easier to see what's going on. It would also include the model of your video card(s) in that output, which is helpful for any support.

Here you go from a fresh startup:
    The main mine4erf miner can't run on your hardware, but one of our alt miners wi
    ll!
    It generates a spin every four hours rather than every hour, but still contribut
    es and finds gems!
    Press any key to continue . . .
    Run automatically on startup? Run again and choose N at this prompt to remove la
    ter. (Y/N): y
    Mining for Erfworld! Thank you Narthon the Bold!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Graphics Cards (Please include in any bug report!)

Listing OpenCL devices.
    FORMAT: [platformID] [deviceID] deviceName
    [0] [0] Pitcairn
    CL_DEVICE_TYPE: GPU
    CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE: 1073741824
    CL_DEVICE_MAX_MEM_ALLOC_SIZE: 804748380
    CL_DEVICE_MAX_WORK_GROUP_SIZE: 256

Listing CUDA devices.
    FORMAT: [deviceID] deviceName
    Starting with parameters: NSCRYPT-OPENCL:
    You can override these parameters by adding a hardware-detect-override.txt file
    to the miner's folder.
    [2018-03-20 16:11:22] Started nsgminer 0.9.4
    [16:11:23] Error -1: Getting Device IDs (num)
    [16:11:23] Probing for an alive pool
    [16:11:23] The network difficulty has been set to 1051657
    [16:11:23] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
    [16:11:23] ADL found more devices than opencl!
    [16:11:23] There is possibly at least one GPU that doesn't support OpenCL

[16:11:23] Use the gpu map feature to reliably map OpenCL to ADL

[16:11:23] WARNING: Number of OpenCL and ADL devices did not match!

[16:11:23] Hardware monitoring may NOT match up with devices!

5s: 14.7 avg: 23.3 u: 0.0 KH/s | A:0 R:0 S:0 HW:0 WU:0.00/m

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:44 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    From my own research ADL appears the hardware monitoring features on these video cards. And some video cards report their hardware monitoring features more than once.

Here's kinda the bottom line though... if you let the miner run for a while... say overnight... does the KH/s ever go higher than 0.0? My understanding is neoscrypt takes time to start crunching hashes, sometimes quite a while, but once it starts you should see it in the output there.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:09 pm 
    I'm getting 1-3 chances every 4 hours. I should get a gem every 500 days or so at this rate. Was hoping to make it run better.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:54 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Narthon the Bold wrote:
    I'm getting 1-3 chances every 4 hours. I should get a gem every 500 days or so at this rate. Was hoping to make it run better.

85 days. But yeah. That's still pretty painful.

No the whole map ADL to OpenCL bit is about it not working at all. Like maybe it's detecting a second video card but that video card isn't registered with opencl so the miner cant use that second card. But it's just as likely the result of your video card reporting through ADL twice.

It's not a performance thing afaik.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:21 pm 
    Oh yeah, six spins a day, not one.

Anyway, thank you guys for taking a look.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf