Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post subject: Bat file not opening
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:26 pm 
This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
I've downloaded the zip file per the instructions and extracted the mine4erf.bat file that was the only file in there. When I run the mine4erf.bat file, I get a message popping up confirming that I want to run the file, I click Run and then a screen flashes briefly and then... nothing. The box that flashed by so quickly simply stated:
'.' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Bat file not opening
     Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:35 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Hey, sorry about that- an attempted fix for some of the issues we'd had with the download not working, ironically, broke it.

Try redownloading and running it again- I've put up a new zip which should fix the problem.

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:50 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Mined 4 Erf
    Same here. I've downloaded the new zip and still having the same issue.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:53 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Thanks, it's working great now!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:54 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    visual echo: When you extract it, are you getting a download-and-extract.ps1 in the same folder as mine4erf.bat now?

Khorak: Great! Glad to hear the fix worked for someone at least, haha. Now to work out what else needs fixing.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:56 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Mined 4 Erf
    I am now, yes. Should I be doing something with it? (I am rather technologically inept, I hope that's not a stupid question.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:09 pm 
    Site Admin
    No, that's just a thing that mine4erf.bat is using and supposed to be trying to call, and it being missing was the bug I fixed, so I was checking that'd gotten to you right at least.

It might be worth extracting it all, then shift+right-clicking on the directory it's in and choosing "Open command prompt here" or "Open Powershell window here", whichever it is that appears on your system, and then running ".\mine4erf.bat" from there, and reporting back what the error message it shows is. That might help me work out what's going wrong.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:18 pm 
    I opened it with the Powershell window, and got:

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Mine4Erf> .\mine4erf.bat
    '.' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:24 pm 
    Site Admin
    Hmm. It might be worth trying extracting it somewhere else- Program Files is a kind of special folder on recent Windows, and requires special privileges to write to sometimes. Maybe C:\mine4erf, or a folder under your C:\Users\<username> folder. If this turns out to be it I'll add a troubleshooting item for it on the mine4erf page.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:26 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Putting Mine4Erf in your "C:\Program Files\Mine4Erf\" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mine4Erf\" folder can run into all sorts of permissions and UAC issues. It would be better to move it to "C:\Mine4Erf\". Whether that will resolve your issue I'm not sure. (whoops... ninja'd)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:37 pm 
    Progress! I extracted the docs to C:\Users\Robyn\Mine4erf, and it all seems to be working now. Thanks so much for the help!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:35 am 
    Site Admin
    Thanks for sticking at it! Now I know about this, I've added this to the troubleshooting FAQ on the mine4erf page.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf