Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:46 am 
This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
JadedDragoon wrote:
ESET Smart Security (NOD32)

Detects as:
Code:
internal.exe         - Win64/CoinMiner.FL potentially unwanted program
neoscrypt-opencl.exe - Win32/CoinMiner.BW potentially unwanted program

I've created a simple video guide for setting exceptions in ESET Smart Security. If this guide doesn't work for you or doesn't match your version please let me know.

The video can be found here.

I don't need this, but I'm tipping you anyway :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:55 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Malwarebytes Premium

Detects as:
    Code:
    internal.exe         - RiskWare.BitCoinMiner
    neoscrypt-opencl.exe - RiskWare.BitCoinMiner

I've created a simple video guide for setting exceptions in Malwarebytes Premium. This guide should be applicable to other versions of Malwarebytes. If this guide doesn't work for you or doesn't match your version please let me know.

Note: Malwarebytes does not provide a firewall function. If you are having problems with the miner being blocked from accessing the internet then your problem may be the Windows Firewall. See the Windows Firewall Guide for how to set firewall exceptions in Windows Firewall.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

Last edited by JadedDragoon on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:06 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    BitDefender Total Security 2018

Detects as:
    Code:
    internal.exe         - Gen:Heur.BZC.Boxter.222.2A4FEE1

I've created a simple video guide for setting exceptions in BitDefender Total Security 2018. This guide should be applicable to other versions of BitDefender. If this guide doesn't work for you or doesn't match your version please let me know.

Note: You may not have the Firewall or Advanced Threat Defense modules. If not simply skip them.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

Last edited by JadedDragoon on Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:45 pm 
    Avira Free Security Suite

Detects as:
    Code:
    internal.exe         - PUA/CoinMiner.559112

I've created a simple video guide for setting exceptions in Avira Free Security Suite. This guide should be applicable to other versions of Avira (including the paid versions). If this guide doesn't work for you or doesn't match your version please let me know.

Note: Avira Security Suite does not provide a firewall function. If you are having problems with the miner being blocked from accessing the internet then your problem may be the Windows Firewall. See the Windows Firewall Guide for how to set firewall exceptions in Windows Firewall.

Last edited by JadedDragoon on Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:22 pm 
    Need sleep.

Kaspersky is the last major AV brand on my hitlist... I'll be doing it after I wake up. I'll probably do Panda and a few others as well.

I also want to redo a lot of the first few. It dawned on me that it would be better if the guide showed added exceptions along with setting up mine4erf because the order one does these things in matters a great deal.

After some sleep though.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:32 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Thank you! I've added links to these to the mine4erf page.

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:01 am 
    Kaspersky Total Security

Detects as:
    Code:
    internal.bat         - not-a-virus:RiskTool.BAT.BitCoinMiner.aa
    internal.exe         - not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win64.BitCoinMiner.irbw
    neoscrypt-opencl.exe - not-a-virus:HEUR:RiskTool.Win32.BitCoinMiner.gen

I've created a simple video guide for setting exceptions in Kaspersky Total Security. This guide should be applicable to other versions of Kaspersky. If you don't have the firewall section simply skip it. If this guide doesn't work for you or doesn't match your version please let me know.

Special note: Kaspersky has PUP detection disabled by default, in which case it may not be necessary to add the antivirus exceptions. YMMV.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:55 am 
    Windows Firewall (Windows 7-10)

This is a simple video guide for those whose miners are being blocked by Windows Firewall and those whose security products use Windows Firewall behind the scenes. If you have an antivirus product (and you should) then you need to add exceptions to that as well. There are many guides posted to that end.

Last edited by JadedDragoon on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:02 am 
    TrendMicro Maximum Security

Detects as:
    Code:
    internal.exe         - TROJ_GEN.R038C0OCG18
    neoscrypt-opencl.exe - TROJ_GEN.R001C0OCG18

I've created a simple video guide for setting exceptions in TrendMicro Maximum Security. This guide should be applicable to other versions of TrendMicro. If this guide doesn't work for you or doesn't match your version please let me know.

Note: TrendMicro versions that have firewall features appear to extend the abilities of the Windows Firewall. Because of this use the Windows Firewall Guide for how to set firewall exceptions with TrendMicro products.

Last edited by JadedDragoon on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:17 am 
    Panda Global Security

Detects as:
    Code:
    internal.exe         - Trojan Detected Trj/CI.A
    neoscrypt-opencl.exe - Trojan Detected Trj/CI.A

I've created a simple video guide for setting up Mine4Erf with Panda Global Security. This guide should be applicable to other versions of Panda Security. If this guide doesn't work for you or doesn't match your version please let me know.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:48 am 
    COMODO Internet Security Premium

Detects as:
    Code:
    internal.exe         - ApplicUnwnt@#jy6tt03dhhe1
    neoscrypt-opencl.exe - ApplicUnwnt@#21scug6ypb48m

I've created a simple video guide for setting up Mine4Erf with COMODO Internet Security Premium. This guide should be applicable to other versions of COMODO. If this guide doesn't work for you or doesn't match your version please let me know.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:56 am 
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Detects as:
    Code:
    internal.bat         - not-a-virus:RiskTool.BAT.BitCoinMiner.aa
    internal.exe         - not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win64.BitCoinMiner.irbw
    neoscrypt-opencl.exe - not-a-virus:HEUR:RiskTool.Win32.BitCoinMiner.gen

I've created a simple video guide for setting up Mine4Erf with ZoneAlarm Extreme Security. This guide should be applicable to other versions of ZoneAlarm. If this guide doesn't work for you or doesn't match your version please let me know.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:58 am 
    There's 5-6 more... depending on if we count Windows Firewall. We'll see what tonight holds.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:34 pm 
    Sophos Home Premium

Detects as:
    Code:
    internal.exe         - Ethminer Ethereum Miner
    neoscrypt-opencl.exe - Bitcoin Miner

I've created a simple video guide for setting up Mine4Erf with Sophos Home Premium. This guide should be applicable to other versions of Sophos Home. If this guide doesn't work for you or doesn't match your version please let me know.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:37 pm 
    I've now updated all the older guides I did to show the entire process of setting up the miner with these security products. That should be all the major security products on the market. I'll look at doing the rest soonish.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:05 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Webroot SecureAnywhere (on Windows 10, 64-bit) flagged some stuff when I tried to run the .bat file, and I don't see it on the list/don't see a guide for it here, so I wrote a quick one. Wasn't up to doing video or thoroughly testing it; just wrote down what worked for me. If JadedDragon or someone else wants to more thoroughly tackle this, feel free!

I didn't get screenshots of what it did initially, and I couldn't get it to do that again (it behaves differently when it detects again something it previously removed, I guess), but I did take some screenshots of what I did to get it working and banged out a simple guide. I can't easily check if the guide works from start to finish for a fresh install because of the way Webroot works; I don't know why it wouldn't work, but YMMV and I wish you luck.

Mine4Erf on a computer running Webroot:
    Spoiler: show
    1. Download the mine4erf-bat.zip from the erfworld website, extract it, and get your folder setup wherever you're wanting to keep it. (I moved the .zip to where I wanted the folder to go and extracted it via 7-zip's context menu - right-click the file > Extract to "mine4erf-bat/" - but I doubt the method matters much, as long as you're putting everything in a dedicated folder.) Don't delete the .zip; we'll need it later!

2. Open the folder and double-click "mine4erf.bat" to run the file. A command line window will pop up and think for a bit while Webroot throws a minor fit. Let Webroot do its thing. The mine4erf window will wind up saying it doesn't work for one reason or another (either it can't talk to your graphics card, or there's a general error because Webroot deleted some stuff it needs); that's okay, just press any key with the mine4erf window focused to let it wrap up and close itself.

3. Open your Webroot control panel. You do this by finding the Webroot icon on the bottom/right of your start menu, right-clicking it, and hitting "View Status", as shown below. (You may need to hit the > button to pop out the hidden icons to get to the Webroot icon.)

Attachment:
    File comment: Rightclick the Webroot icon in the system tray > "View status"
    mine4erf webroot step 3.png
    mine4erf webroot step 3.png [ 93.44 KiB | Viewed 887 times ]

4. On the right, you'll see a menu titled "PC Security" - click the cog wheel just to the right of it, circled in yellow below.

Attachment:
    File comment: Next to "PC Security," click the cog.
    mine4erf webroot step 4.png
    mine4erf webroot step 4.png [ 65.37 KiB | Viewed 887 times ]

5. On the next screen, hit the "Block/Allow Files" and look for "internal.exe" and "neoscrypt-opencl.exe". Their file paths should be within your mine4erf folder - mine are shown in the blue box below. Click the "Allow" radio button for these two files, circled in yellow below.

Attachment:
    File comment: Click "Allow" for the mine4erf files.
    mine4erf webroot step 5.png
    mine4erf webroot step 5.png [ 38.5 KiB | Viewed 887 times ]

6. Go back to your mine4erf-bat.zip and extract it again, choosing the same path you did before, so that it overwrites the files it previously extracted. A menu should pop up asking if you want to replace the files with the same name; do so (hit "Yes to all" IIRC). (You have to do this because Webroot removed some stuff that the program needs in order to function, and it doesn't seem to put that stuff back when you whitelist the files in the previous step.)

7. Double-click mine4erf.bat to launch mine4erf again. It should work properly this time, asking you to enter your Erfworld username, and from there, you should be set! (You can safely delete the .zip file now, assuming Webroot doesn't spaz and delete stuff again.) Happy mining!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:19 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Thank you both!

I've gotten back to things and added all the guides to for the known software to the list, including adding WebRoot Anywhere to the known conflicts lists.

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:23 pm 
    JBeshir wrote:
    Thank you both!

I've gotten back to things and added all the guides to for the known software to the list, including adding WebRoot Anywhere to the known conflicts lists.

WB! I plan to get the rest eventually. Just a bit swamped atm.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:54 pm 
    Thaddius1000 wrote:
    Microsoft Security essentials on windows 7 is not even allowing me to keep a download of 0.4.1 says it is malicious and cleans it before I can even open the zip file.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:57 pm 
    Suwanee wrote:
    Thaddius1000 wrote:
    Microsoft Security essentials on windows 7 is not even allowing me to keep a download of 0.4.1 says it is malicious and cleans it before I can even open the zip file.

Try creating a folder, adding that folder to MSE exceptions, then download the zip to that folder. Extract it to the same folder. If you use chrome for your browser you may not be able to select the download location, in which case use MS Edge instead of Chrome.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf