Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post subject: Random Rambling
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:46 pm 
Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user is a Tool!
So, um, listen, I'm just gonna leave this here and let it be. Just kind of felt like spilling my guts a bit. Nothing important here to read, just my thoughts on mine4erf.

Basically what I want to say can be boiled down to 'thank you'. I know that seems weird, but honestly I've been reading Erfworld since it was being updated on Giant in the Playground. Every update is something that I look forward to that brings some joy to a very monotonous night-shift existence. I don't get to go out and do things, but I do get to discuss Erfworld with my friends, theorycraft things, even tried to make a small-scale RPG with my group of friends. (Didn't go very well, turned into Kingmaker after a point, but it gave me ideas). For all this joy, I give my eternal thanks.

I don't make very much money (comparatively) doing what I do. I can't afford to be a Tool properly, no matter how much I want to. Now, though? Now I have a way to help support something I love. I can be a digger and help give back. Even if I never get a single gem, it's a thing I can and will do. I may never end up a marbit or gobwin (real talk? Rather be something like a Holey Moley anyway. Dig for gems and leave natural dirtamancy traps all over the place for giggles. Making stuff up now..or am I?) but I don't need to be to get satisfaction in making a contribution, even if it's small.

So, to you who give me Erf to dig and a world to enjoy, I say 'thank you'. Thank you for giving me something to look forward to. Thank you for giving me something to smile about. Thank you for giving me a common point with people who I might never have something in common with. Thank you for giving me inspiration for games. Most of all, thank you for giving me a way to give back.

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf