Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post subject: Re: Gem Catalogue
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:56 pm 
This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
Free spin got:
Size: Small
Glow: Brilliant
Color: Violet

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:30 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Ruler of Erfworld This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    New Color!!!!

Mined spin:
    size: small
    Color: Butter
    Glow: None

And yaah Im in gobwin tribe!

Follow the Adventures of Prince Valareos of Halareos: First Page Latest Page

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:25 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Size: Gigantic
    Color: Berry

Attachments:
    berry.PNG
    berry.PNG [ 248.9 KiB | Viewed 700 times ]
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:00 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Bandaid wrote:
    Spoiler: show
    Yshl wrote:
    Bandaid wrote:
    It appears that large gems without glow are worth 9 points.
    I just sold my second large gem and my score dropped accordingly.
    Two datapoints are a bit sparse but so far color seems irrelevant. There might be special colors though.

What gem? I want to track accordingly.

dmolla bought your small spectral, did you note the point value for that one?

Bandaid wrote:

Size: Large
    Glow: none
    Color: Blood
    (Sold for 2499 Shmuckers)

I already had edited my original post to include that information. Quoted to bring it to your attention.

Got it, added!

The_Author_Is_Dead wrote:
    Yshl wrote:
    Two large no-glow colored gems were each found to be worth 9 points.
    One massive no-glow colored gem was found to be worth 16 points.
    One gigantic glowing colored gem was found to possibly be worth 72 points (caveat: based on team score change - may have included other recently mined gems)

Good day.

I'd just like to amend things here to reflect my thought process.

In the Marbit's vs. Goblins competition, I am consistently coming in third place for the Marbits with 72 points. I have one gem. Therefore I deduce that the one gem is worth 72 points. It has nothing to do with team score change, just my own contribution to the team score which has been consistent.

There appear to be others with gems more valuable than mine, as well.

Thank you.
    Edit: Also, here's a screenshot

Attachment:
    My First Gem.jpg

Thanks for the clarification! I'll update the post accordingly.

Valareos wrote:
    [alt-255] in place of space

Yes, now you too can

▲ ▲

Thank you! I can table now :)

Infidel wrote:
    Edit, somehow I'm on the leaderboard. I've only gotten the free gem so far, and I've spun a few times but no luck in the mines for me. From looking at the board it seemed like it reflected the number of gems the people mined, but I guess not. We might want to clarify that or something.

Infidel, do you recall your point total when you were showing on the leaderboard with that single gem? It'll be useful data on point values.

If my limited data is correct, and a bit of Predictamancy, I think the gem might be worth
    18, or another multiple of 9, or 9 plus a number
    Tell me the value before you check that, it'll be very informative. :D

thriggle wrote:
    My first spin found a gem! Hopefully I didn't use all my luckomancy at once.

Size: Small
    Glow: Dusky
    Color: Raspberry

What was your tool auto-gem, Thriggle? The first spin has 1024 green squares for tools, so it's 100% success rate.

xtrapwr wrote:
    Size: Gigantic
    Color: Berry

Same question, xtrapwr, what was your starter gem?

Thanks everyone! Updating the spreadsheet and summary. I mayyyy have enough data now to have elucidated at least part of the point system. I was able to Predict a few point values, so, that's a good sign that the model may work. :)

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:34 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Yshl wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    Edit, somehow I'm on the leaderboard. I've only gotten the free gem so far, and I've spun a few times but no luck in the mines for me. From looking at the board it seemed like it reflected the number of gems the people mined, but I guess not. We might want to clarify that or something.

Infidel, do you recall your point total when you were showing on the leaderboard with that single gem? It'll be useful data on point values.

58 :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:52 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Infidel wrote:
    Yshl wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

58 :)

That...is booping with my theories. Ah well, that's why they're theories and why it's best to not marry them.

Okay, so.

Carl has an average dazzling blood that he said pointed out at 53.
    You've got a large dazzling spring green pointing out at 58.

Adjusting my theory...
    For now, I'm still going with color having no impact on point value.
    Without glow, I'd peg Carl's gem at 4 points (average).
    Without glow, I'd peg your gem at 9 points (large).
    53-4 = 49
    58-9 = 49
    ....so. Hm. Maybe the glow isn't multiplicative and is, instead, purely additive.
    49 = 7x7.
    And dazzling is one of the rarer glows. Hm hm hm.

None x18 = +0
    Dusky x12 = +4 (2^2)
    Brilliant x7 = +9 (3^2)
    Lucent x6 = +16 (4^2)
    Bright x4 = +25 (5^2)
    Radiant x2 = +36 (6^2)
    Dazzling x2 = +49 (7^2)

Very much open theory there. There could be additional points based on glow rarity, following a similar table or format to what I theorized based on size. Looking for patterns with limited data and all. :)

I'd expect some glows to add 4 (2^2), 9 (3^2), 16 (4^2), 25 (5^2), etc points, respectively.
    That'd make a theoretical gem out there with a point value of 162. :) Colossal with the 9^2 point glow, if there is one. Since not all gems glow but all gems have a size, it'll take more data to tease that out.

edit: added in The_Author_Is_Dead's gem, and it holds. :) instead of it being a x2 multiplier, it was the addition of another 6^2 to what he already had from size. Fleshed out the lower end of the table based on currently observed rarity, and also Predicted two new so far unseen glows! Huzzah!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:04 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Ruler of Erfworld This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    size: small
    Color: Blue
    Glow: None
    Value: 2 (per increase in team score)

size: Average
    Color: Copper
    Glow: Dusky
    Value: 8 (per increase in team score)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:08 pm 
    Yshl wrote:
    None x18 = +0
    Dusky x12 = +4 (2^2)
    Brilliant x7 = +9 (3^2)
    Lucent x6 = +16 (4^2)
    Bright x4 = +25 (5^2)
    Radiant x2 = +36 (6^2)
    Dazzling x2 = +49 (7^2)

my above gems hold to this formula
    small none= 2 point + No shine
    avg dusky = 4 point + Dusky(4)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:19 pm 
    Code:
    Testing
         This is using the code bbcode

[pre]
    Testing 2
    This is using the pre BBCode
    [/pre]

Edit hrmm Apparently those two dont work here (even though code is shown)
    edit more silly me using html tag not bbcode tag
     One space
      Two space
       Red space
        Blue space

copy hold check
     One space
      Two space
       Red space
        Blue space

Last edited by Valareos on Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:32 pm 
    U+2000 En Quad works. Just copy the space in front of "one space" above to make it easy, or get it from your character map :)

\
     \
      \
       >weeeeeeeee
      /
     /
    /

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:44 pm 
    Quick update:
    Bandaid has the most complex gem group so far, with seven and a known point total (91), so I used it to test and refine the formula.

Code:
    # Size    Glow   Color
    ============================
    1 Large   Lucent Pearl
    1 Large   none   Blood
    1 Large   none   Ocean
    1 Massive none   Green
    1 Small   Bright Aquamarine
    1 Small   Bright Periwinkle
    1 Small   Dusky  Cotton Candy

After some adjustments, here's the new predicted point theory:

Size:
    Code:
    *Small      - 1^2 = 1
    Average     - 2^2 = 4
    Large       - 3^2 = 9
    Massive     - 4^2 = 16
    ?????       - 5^2 = 25
    *Gigantic   - 6^2 = 36
    *Enormous   - 7^2 = 49
    *Monumental - 8^2 = 64
    Colossal    - 9^2 = 81

* the #s could be swapped around for ?????/gigantic/enormous/monumental. I need gem pictures or more data to finalize those. Small I'm comfortable with, and the others without *s as well.

Glow:
    Code:
    None      x 19 =  +0
    Dusky     x 12 =  +4 (2^2)
    Lucent    x  6 =  +9 (3^2)
    Bright    x  4 = +16 (4^2)
    Brilliant x  7 = +25 (5^2)
    Radiant   x  2 = +36 (6^2)
    Dazzling  x  2 = +49 (7^2)
    Starlike  x  1 = +64 (8^2)
    Unknown   x  1 = +81 (9^2)

Note that the N doesn't line up perfectly with the observed values, but that's likely due to the small sample set.

The values from the above tables explain all of the gems that I know the points of so far. :)
    I'll update the first post with this info and any new gems tomorrow morning, and also try and flag any where I've still got uncertainty.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:41 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    New color just showed up on the market: Evergreen

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:52 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! This user is a Tool! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    How is the largest gem size not Titanic?!

I don't know the point value so it won't help with your calculations, but I believe I got the most boring gem possible: Small Beige (no glow).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:57 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    lordfisch wrote:
    How is the largest gem size not Titanic?!

I don't know the point value so it won't help with your calculations, but I believe I got the most boring gem possible: Small Beige (no glow).

That's a 1 point gem, if what we have here so far is correct. So yes. Even that part of it manages to be boring. The good news is you aren't stuck with a valuable gem in your inventory you can't sell. Whenever you get that second gem it will, undoubtedly, be worth more points.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:01 pm 
    My small Gems gave two points btw

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:44 pm 
    Valareos wrote:
    My small Gems gave two points btw

Or, someone else also found a small no glow gem in the same timeframe. So far with all I've tested, we haven't seen any other two point small no glow gems, just one point ones.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:58 pm 
    I will continue to gather data. :) be easier once i was on the board to verify exclusivly :P However the roll and count was done half past the hour to try to limit that sort of issue

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:02 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    New gem just now, personal score rose by 10 points.

Attachments:
    smurf.PNG
    smurf.PNG [ 220.08 KiB | Viewed 622 times ]
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:44 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    New gem! I'm not on the leaderboards.

Gigantic No-Glow Obsidian.

I put it on the marketplace so it can be looked at (at obscene price; this is not actually a price for actually selling anything at): https://login.erfworld.com/gem?id=8166

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:11 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I just found an size=Average, glow=Bright, color=Evergreen, my first gem from actual mining!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf