Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:22 am 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
Are there plans/timelines for native support for the mining app on other platforms/OSes? I'm currently trying to get it running under Wine.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:31 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner
    I'd love OSX.

*A Very Erfworld Questmas - Peace on Erf.
    *Blast From The Past - 10 part story about an army frozen in time. Finished!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:38 am 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    No exact timeline- but it definitely is seeming like it would be worth putting together builds for other OSes.

You might find it works in the meantime for other platforms to download https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/releases and set it to mine on https://ethermine.org/ to the address B6dE5c4849f5b48fcE48a4531aa8a0f85a12f027, with the rig name set to your UID so it knows to attribute the mining to you.

So it might look something like ./ethminer -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -FS us1.ethermine.org:4444 -O B6dE5c4849f5b48fcE48a4531aa8a0f85a12f027.<uid>

With UID being 128736 for Jaxad0127 and 129087 for Omnimancer; you can find it by going to https://login.erfworld.com/userid_from_ ... ?username=<your username> in general.

If you try this I strongly recommend you check five minutes after the next hour (this is how long it takes for mining to be tracked) that you have a spin, just to be sure that the config is all correct; it'd be easy to make a typo somewhere and have the mining work not be attributed to you or not go to Erfworld right. If you get spins, though, everything is great.

There's no autostart script and no pause functionality (you can replicate pause just by killing and restarting it, though), which are the main things we'd need to rig up right for other OSes.

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:13 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    It looks to be working for me.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:52 am 
    JBeshir wrote:
    There's no autostart script and no pause functionality (you can replicate pause just by killing and restarting it, though), which are the main things we'd need to rig up right for other OSes.

For Linux, systemd allows user daemons (general equivalent of Windows services). Most major distros have moved over to it. Unit files aren't hard to deal with and allow the same level of customization that you already have.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:04 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    JBeshir, I've downloaded the Darwin version from the github link you provided, and I've found my Erfworld UID. But when I try to run the command you specified, I get the following:

ℹ 09:02:25| Found suitable OpenCL device [ Iris Pro ] with 1610612736 bytes of GPU memory
    CUDA support disabled. Configure project build with -DETHASHCUDA=ON

This feels as if it isn't working, but because I've just been chanting magic words, I have no idea what to do next. Any suggestions?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:17 pm 
    dylanarena wrote:
    Code:
      ℹ  09:02:25|          Found suitable OpenCL device [ Iris Pro ] with 1610612736  bytes of GPU memory
    CUDA support disabled. Configure project build with -DETHASHCUDA=ON

Is that the only output? Iris Pro is a type of integrated Intel graphics, which generally aren't very good for this, though YMMV.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:17 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Yes, Jaxad0127, that's the only output. I'm trying on a MacBook Pro from 2013, so it may be destined to fail, but I figured I'd give it a shot. :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:34 pm 
    Site Admin
    This user is a Tool! Battle Crest Pins Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Regarding Macs, we tested using my Macbook Pro from late 2013. Unfortunately we found that unless you have one of the newer models with at least 3GM of VRAM, you won't be able to mine. Now if it turns out you have one of the newer, shinier Macs with more VRAM; please let us know. We have a build of our miner that you can use.

To check how much VRAM you have on a Mac try this:  > "About This Mac" > "Overview" tab > "System Report..." > "Hardware" drop down on the left-hand side panel > "Graphics/Displays"

Screenshot for reference:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:55 pm 
    Thank you, bsheairs! My MacBook Pro isn't even close:

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB

But I've got a gaming PC at home that I built last year, and I plan to give this a try on it. (And heck, I might even let it run while I'm at work.) In general, I think that this a thoughtful implementation of a creative idea, and I'm excited to support it if I can.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:28 pm 
    Mined 4 Erf
    For what it's worth, I got that error on my Mac, as well (4GB of VRAM on my machine), but I was able to get around it by using the -G option:
    Code:
    ethminer -G -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -FS us1.ethermine.org:4444 -O B6dE5c4849f5b48fcE48a4531aa8a0f85a12f027.<MY_UID>

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:01 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Mined 4 Erf
    Hello JBeshir, is it possible to mine Ubiq on Linux using a client and an address like you posted for ethminer? I had no luck running the new mine4erf client under Wine, couldn't get PowerShell to work. When you've got a moment, thanks :-) Great work, by the way!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:05 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Yes- the parameters for this should look something like

Code:
    ethminer -F http://us.ubiqpool.io:8888/0x1b5bF455b839C6524a9928de992c8F093820Cf25/<uid>

Where you work out UID the same way you would for mining ETH.

It would be a little more complicated to do it for the Feathercoin miner, because you need to request a worker name from the Erfworld server for that one, and use nsgminer rather than ethminer. If anyone would want to use it I can work out what the parameters would look like though.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:18 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    JBeshir wrote:
    It would be a little more complicated to do it for the Feathercoin miner, because you need to request a worker name from the Erfworld server for that one, and use nsgminer rather than ethminer. If anyone would want to use it I can work out what the parameters would look like though.

I might save you some trouble, since I already figured it out. (Assuming I got it right, that is.)

First, you need to know your user number. That's part of several different links on the erfworld.com website, but one possibility is to visit

https://login.erfworld.com/userid_from_ ... e=Toolbelt

where you should put your username instead of "Toolbelt". That should take you to a page which contains just a six-digit number (in my case 130894). Then you need to visit

https://login.erfworld.com/mine4erf_neo ... uid=130894

where again you should use your number instead of mine. This time the page has a string of characters ("a010" for me) that you need to start nsgminer so that it credits the work to you.

Next you need nsgminer for your OS. That kinda depends on what OS you have, but the git repository at

https://github.com/ghostlander/nsgminer

has some information about that.

Now you just need to start nsgminer. As far as I can tell, the minimal command line should be
    Code:
    nsgminer --neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://ftc-neo.give-me-coins.com:3336 -O a010:x

where you probably want to replace the "a010" with whatever you got. Not that I will mind if you don't. :)

Of course there are other options you can also pass to nsgminer (to adjust your GPU, for example) but the above should at least tell you if it's working.

As an aside, I tried that with cpuminer-neoscrypt instead of nsgminer since I'm stil waiting for a GPU. CPU mining Feathercoin is technically possible, but my 8-core CPU gives a hashrate of about 20 KH/s which I think really isn't worth it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:09 am 
    Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Toolbelt wrote:
    Now you just need to start nsgminer. As far as I can tell, the minimal command line should be
    Code:
    nsgminer --neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://ftc-neo.give-me-coins.com:3336 -O a010:x

where you probably want to replace the "a010" with whatever you got. Not that I will mind if you don't. :)

We never got any confirmation by JBeshir that these parameters are the good ones to mine on Erfworld's feathercoins pool, are they correct?
    Is there any way to track Erfworld's feathercoins pool (I know Toolbelt asked the question in another topic, but it hasn't been answered yet, and since I'm mining feathercoins also, I'm interested in following my shares and my spins). Thanks!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:58 am 
    Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    I'm sorry to insist, but I'm now using both Erfminer and ghostlander neoscrypt cpu miner (https://github.com/ghostlander/cpuminer-neoscrypt) with the above mentioned address and wallet / worker (-o stratum+tcp://ftc-neo.give-me-coins.com:3336 -O a013:x) parameters for mining Erf-feathercoins. Yesterday, I mined 3 shares with the GPU miner and 4 with the CPU miner, but my spin had only 3 shares.
    Is there a rate of conversion between feathercoin and ethereum / ubiq shares? Or are the parameters somehow wrong?
    I tried to look in the Erfminer files if I could find some connection parameters to the feathercoin pool but couldn't find any. ftc-neo.give-me-coins.com:3336 looks like an open pool and not so much to Erfwolrd's pool, I don't want to mine for anybody else!
    Thanks for any answer!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:55 pm 
    Site Admin
    Hey, those details are right, with the exception that if you're using a stock copy of nsgminer, you need to use erfworld.aXXX:x rather than just aXXX:x - the Erfworld miner adds the "erfworld." part itself internally, but a stock miner won't. That's also the thing that makes it be using the Erfworld user account (I think if you tried without it, the miner would just fail to connect)

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:53 am 
    Well, thanks a lot JBeshir! I am on the verge to stop mining, but maybe I'll give it another try with both GPU + CPU mining. Not sure that'll increase much of my shares number per spin though, currently I have 1-4 shares per spin which doesn't give a big chance to get a gem or a card...
    JBeshir wrote:
    Hey, those details are right, with the exception that if you're using a stock copy of nsgminer, you need to use erfworld.aXXX:x rather than just aXXX:x - the Erfworld miner adds the "erfworld." part itself internally, but a stock miner won't. That's also the thing that makes it be using the Erfworld user account (I think if you tried without it, the miner would just fail to connect)

My CPU miner connected and mined without any problem in the absence of the "erfworld." part (I got some accepted shares), but I don't know where the shares went, probably not to Erfworld since I didn't see an increase in my "shares per spin" rate when using GPU+CPU compared to GPU alone...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf