Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » PartiallyClips Things » Reactions

Post subject: Businessman On Laptop
 Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:33 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
Businessman On Laptop

J Russell
02/24/2015 09:19 am
I'd be careful about downloading more cores - they might make your computer want to go into SPAAAAAAAAACE.

(Um...it's a Portal joke.)

Brass Orchid
02/24/2015 09:48 am
"Just send me a real big file you're not using and I'll delete it and use its memory."
This is the sort of brilliant out-of-the-box thinking that has brought humanity to its current state of near-perfection. We need more people who understand the way things should work, rather than how they have worked in the past.

02/24/2015 10:16 am
It so happened that I read this strip almost straight after today's Dilbert, and yes, it did feel as if I had gone back to the same universe. Great little universe though, so don't worry.

Chuk
02/25/2015 05:16 pm
There are Graphical Scott Adams Adventure games? Do they let you use commands with more than 3 letters? That seems like cheating.

Brass Orchid
02/26/2015 10:02 am
The Scott Adams Adventure Games legacy goes back quite a way. The latest release is 2013, which surprised me. The ones I have probably won't work on a Windows 7 computer. They are old. Maybe with the virtual XP mode, though. I'm not motivated to try, though.

02/26/2015 06:03 pm
If you can't remember the exact words of Mrs. Shoebox, I recommend the general statement, "She continues to find you an acceptable mating partner."

John
02/27/2015 12:21 pm
Well, with modern FPGAs, you really can download more cores: http://www.xilinx.com/tools/microblaze.htm

02/27/2015 03:56 pm
I read this and I laughed and laughed... and then I cried just a little bit, because I've had conversations awfully close to this.

Micah
02/28/2015 06:41 am
You can play some of the Scott Adams Adventure games free online if you have Java:
http://www.freearcade.com/Zplet.jav/Scottadams.html

pienapp1e
03/02/2015 05:01 am
*guffaw* had similar convos myself- and i don't work in IT or a cubicle.... love the outthe poor guy found!

on a related note- happy belated!!

MikeA
03/02/2015 07:43 pm
@Micah: You mean "If you have Java and are willing to hand its leash to some random thing you found on the internet"?

@Shoebox: I hear 40 is the new 20, so you have to give up drinking for a year.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » PartiallyClips Things » Reactions