Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » PartiallyClips Things » Reactions

Post subject: Dancer
 Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:33 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
Dancer

JG
12/24/2014 03:30 am
"my style lacts discipline"... I think you mean "lacks".
Love your work, man, keep on keepin' on.

verystrange
12/24/2014 03:52 am
A sousaphone is a marching tuba. An orchestra does not have sousaphones, they have tubas. Your comic, though witty, "lacks" facts... Besides, bassoons are WAY funnier than sousaphones...

Morris Keesan
12/24/2014 04:55 am
If it's a high school orchestra in the pit, it very well might have a sousaphone playing the tuba part.
Besides, "sousaphone" is a much funnier word than "tuba", and sometimes authenticity should be sacrificed in favor of comic effect.

Brass Orchid
12/24/2014 07:47 am
It is a perfect Christmas strip!
Though we spend the rest of the year making up for the excesses of the Holidays, for these few moments, we are truly alive.
Not me, of course. I just hide out until the frantic revelry and desperation of the shopping public dies out. But otherwise, it's right on target.

12/24/2014 11:44 am
I'm gonna go ahead and blame that typo on the fact that I had pizza for dinner, and my intolerance of certain milk-based enzymes was on my mind. Thanks for the catch.

As far as sousaphones, I'm gonna work from the assumption that either this is a high school orchestra or the dancer really doesn't know his instruments, and it's actually a viola.

-=ShoEboX=-

12/24/2014 11:07 pm
Then again, consider what the dancer would look like after he's just impaled his uvula on a bassoon.

12/29/2014 03:02 am
Flugelhorn would also have worked for comedic effect. Besides, having a sousaphone in the orchestra pit is a classic bit of wrongness. In Looney Tunes and stuff like that, you always go diving into a sousaphone cause they're big enough to put your head into the bell.

Brass Orchid
12/29/2014 10:43 am
It was a great party.
I don't remember much about it, except that the bathroom off of his kid's bedroom has a golden toilet and no sink. Is that weird, or what?

lurker
01/05/2015 09:18 pm
"shaking my bloody teeth out of a sousaphone" absolutely makes it for me. Words that have never ever been strung together before. Just perfect.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » PartiallyClips Things » Reactions