Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » PartiallyClips Things » Reactions

Post subject: Shoveling Snow
 Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:33 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
Shoveling Snow

Brass Orchid
12/10/2014 09:14 am
It is a little known fictional fact that the brain is the first thing to go numb while shoveling snow. This was revealed in an extensive study conducted while shoveling snow.

12/10/2014 12:38 pm
Friend of mine worked for IBM in MN, used to walk home in Dockers and a polo. Realized from his Army training in Germany that this wasn't good and stopped in a fast food joint for coffee.

BTW, did you see the thing about Google changing Captcha: now you just check a box to prove that you're not a bot?

12/11/2014 10:34 pm
"Shovel and think." Definitely "Shovel and think."

Brass Orchid
12/12/2014 09:14 am
> what is a grue?
The grue is a sinister, lurking presence in the dark places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Your torch has gone out. You have been sued by a grue.

Lazybones
12/12/2014 12:41 pm
I came here from Language Log, loved Officer White, and worked backwards to the first strip in 2001 (copyright 2003, as are all the 2002 strips that I noticed). Irrelevantly, your strips hit my funny bone harder and more regularly than Rob's. I think that being satisfied with just one strip a week is good for you; your last few months of strips have been to such a high standard. Please keep it up.

Brass Orchid
12/13/2014 09:18 am
As an update for WOMAN READING, we have the original lyrics to the song known today as Deck the Halls. Line one is...
"Oh! how soft my fair one's bosom,"

Frederick J. Barnett
12/15/2014 07:37 pm
I thought it was only The Weather Channel doing that stupid winter storm names? I haven't seen anyone else doing it.

pienapp1e
12/15/2014 10:29 pm
I don't mind them naming the storms. What I mind is what THEY call a storm, is often just normal weather for around here. Instead they induce panic for anything over 3 inches. yes there are a number of times concern and extra-preparedness and caution are called for, like what got dumped on Buffalo (obviously). but overall, hello? it's winter in ny. that automatically means snow and ice. /rant (temporarily)

as for the comic, shovel and think worked :D

Baywolfe
12/16/2014 10:08 pm
Agreed, pienapp1e. When I lived in Cleveland, you watched the nightly weather report; if it was going to snow overnight, you set the clock an hour earlier and went to bed. That was the extent of our storm planning. If you get hit by a blizzard like we did in 1978, then you're pretty well screwed, otherwise, not so much.

pienapp1e
12/24/2014 12:38 am
Baywolfe- exactly! be prepared ahead of time, keep emergency stash ready so there isn't the need to panic last minute, and keep an ear open. it's not like we can control blizzards.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » PartiallyClips Things » Reactions