Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:06 pm 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
The Mogul sat at the book, staring at the room around him. He'd ordered the shaking fool out of the room before the insufferable muttering had provoked disbandment. Had the Titans truly seen fit for the Moguls to burden themselves with scouts that would not-so-quietly observe their shortcomings? "The Mogul looked in the book, and he trembled with rage, and shouted at all the walls as if they could hear him. And hearing my voice, he flung the book at me, and 'fore it could hit me, banished me from his p-presence." What kind of unit spoke that way about his Ruler? Preposterous. What was even more galling was that this Chancellor dared call him underhanded! Underhanded!

The Mogul rose from his makeshift throne (he for some reason hadn't been able to conjure himself a proper one, so he'd ordered that some planks be stacked) and stalked the circle around his book. "Underhanded! How dare he! Have I croaked a scout?!" Mediason dropped to the floor, picking up the book and his quill before stopping himself. "No, no, no, I can't go hurling insults. Must be the calm voice, must be the calm voice. Perhaps. . .?"

[book]I am the Mogul. As I have had the pleasure of parleying with no side of yet, I must confess I do not understand this hostility. Nevertheless, I will honor your (perhaps odd) decision, and avoid dealings with your forces.[/book]

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:15 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    ((OOC: Does Werebiscuit even have a side? This is their first post in this thread. Are they representing one of the Empires?))

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:56 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    GJC wrote:
    ((OOC: Does Werebiscuit even have a side? This is their first post in this thread. Are they representing one of the Empires?))

Also OOC: That is my theory. lol

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:27 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    (ooc)
    Dave said the game was going with 7 players and 7 sides have been posted in the thread. Nothing from him though so... late addition, GM assistant, side representative?

Maybe filling in for one of the great empires that we are supposed to be scared of?

-Edit-

Oops, Did not read all of GJC post. Thought he meant a player side when he was talking. I missed the empire part.

Last edited by Deo on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:36 pm 
    [book] Wise choice. Mogul. Any further attempts at spying will be similarly excecuted and only prompt us to root out your nest.
    OvW [/book]

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:34 pm 
    This user has been published!
    Werebiscuit will be helping me with some of the RP'ing side of this game, representing some of the non-player factions.
    Thanks Werebiscuit, you marvellous fellow you.

We are nearly through the turn cycle - just a few players to finish off turn 2.

Cheers

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:16 am 
    Werebiscuit wrote:
    [book] Wise choice. Mogul. Any further attempts at spying will be similarly excecuted and only prompt us to root out your nest.
    OvW [/book]

OOC: You scared the devil out of me D: lol

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:49 am 
    OOC: So can I assume my city is built so I don't have to wait till we get started with Turn 3 orders?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:01 am 
    Hi. I'm Brendon. I'm new and keen to have a bit of fun.

Name: Semaphorians

Background: After heartbreaking Pyrrhic victories and cataclysmic losses, battle-worn remnants of the great imperial armies were united with a common goal, survival. In a desert wilderness, these dejected leaderless warriors gather around an open fire.
    Silently, but confidently 3 female strangers emerged from the darkness wearing ceremonial dress - emissaries from the mute high priestess of a long-forgotten indigenous tribe of sand people.
    Though they spoke no words, a connection between the warriors and the strangers developed and a symbiotic partnership was formed. Over time, the warriors assimilated into the silent community offering labour and protection, in turn receiving desert skills, physical necessities and marriage.
    The Mute High Priestess Semaphore singled out one warrior of great strength and newfound purpose to lead her divine military campaign. The soldier come General was named Tourne. The long prophesied glory of the desert mute empire was about to be fulfilled.

Colours: the Semaphorians communicate using white flags and mirrors. Their flag displays a goanna claw on a white background.

Ruler: the mute high priestess Semaphore.

Warlord: Tourne

Stabbers: Desert stabbers sharpen goanna rib bones to form formidable scythes. 5/5/3/6 (20)

Pikers: high priestess guards are armed with staves fixed with glass spikes blown from desert sands. 7/4/5/6 (20)

Scouts: Desert scouts are lesser priestesses of the tribe and are highly adept at disguising their sand tracks and exhibit indefatigable stamina in the hot sun and cold nights. 3/0/0/10 (30)

Archers: Desert slingers are deadly accurate. 5/5/1/6 (20)

Giant Goannas: goannas are fierce beasts in battle able to both dig and climb. They answer to the silent commands of Semaphorians. 8/10/6/6 (40)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:11 am 
    Please let me know if I made any mistakes here.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:11 am 
    LTDave wrote:
    Werebiscuit will be helping me with some of the RP'ing side of this game, representing some of the non-player factions.
    Thanks Werebiscuit, you marvellous fellow you.
    Cheers

OOC Aww... I was having fun watching the panic spread as everyone tried to figure out who the hell was throwing their weight around and whether they might be next to the big bully. Or meta information aside, whether I was indeed some other previously undisclosed player.

[Doffs hat] Well done Silversought, nicely Rp'd [/doffs hat] /OOC

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:31 am 
    Ok, so turn 2 is done for all players except SeraphRedux, and awaiting some final confirmation from Acorntail.

Turn 3 has started for Deo.

BTW, Tourniquet is a RL friend of mine, as a blatant act of partisanship, I am allowing him into the game.

Cheers

(I'm still looking for some art...)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:48 am 
    (OOC: @Herbie Do you remember where the scout was, and thus can understand where the reference point originally would be?)

(Also I'll have my turn done shortly, just waiting for one little thing and then I'll be able to send it in.)

(Also also welcome into the game Tourn.)

(Also also also we're working on something along those lines as well.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:32 am 
    [book]
    Janis

We should be able to determine the meeting location. I will meet you there on our turn.

~ sir Calvin Klien
    [/book]

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:21 pm 
    [Book]
    To Sir Calvin of Underempire
    All of our command units were, unfortunately, indisposed this turn, and therefore unable to reach a meeting point. However, if you can position a command unit at a meeting point this turn, then we would be happy to meet them there. There is a native camp in your territory, its x-coordinate ending in 4. Our proposed coordinates for a meeting would be X-4, Y+2, relative to this camp. Is this accessible to you?

An alternate meeting point would be X-3, Y+1, again, relative to that camp.

All previous guarantees regarding the safety of your units still apply.

In the spirit of friendship, and out of mutual respect for our newly claimed territory, we would also ask that you withdraw all units to the right of X-3, relative to the native camp. We will reciprocate by withdrawing to the left of this line. If you have units trapped to the left of this line due to limitations in command range, any recovery can be arranged once we parley.

Hoping this finds you well,
    Janis Tassadar
    [/Book]

Last edited by GJC on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:33 pm 
    Welcome to the game, Tourniquet! (Those Goannas are pretty scary lookin')

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject:
     Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:29 pm 
    I guess you could say fighting them is really goanna suck!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:39 pm 
    Lol. I see what u did there. Goanna.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:56 am 
    Turn 2 now complete. Turns processed for SeraphRedux, Acorntail, Tourniquet, and Deo.

Turn 3 has now begun for HerbieRai and Silversought.

I think we're doing rather well.

Cheers

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:16 pm 
    I'm LARPing this weekend, gone tonight back Sunday night. Sorry if I delay the game on my turn.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Your Games