Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:29 pm 
This user has been published!
Voyera processed. There was an error in the Wonderland report which has caused a delay while we fixed that up.

Please make sure you double check the reports - sometimes mistakes happen!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:09 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    I'm fairly sure my report was shy 10,000 schmuckers due to a 0 being dropped and similarly 100 of my troops were missing for the same reason. :mrgreen:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:11 pm 
    Ok, I'll fix that right up... hang on a second! What are you trying to pull?

Turns out I missed two zeroes...

How does 100,000s sound?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:04 pm 
    LTDave wrote:
    Ok, I'll fix that right up... hang on a second! What are you trying to pull?

Turns out I missed two zeroes...

How does 100,000s sound?

I think I can work with that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:25 am 
    Wonderland processed.

Turn 17 will begin in a few hours.

{edit}

Whedawall, Savage, and Downtown are up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:06 am 
    I have orders from the three phasing players, and I am working on processing them.

We have some battles this turn, so there might be some delay.

When players order a combat, I ask that you please indicate which units are stacked together. Remember, a maximum of 5 stacks per hex, and up to 16 units per stack.

If players can also let me know total hits, combat, and average defence of each stack, that will speed things up and help me not to make obvious errors.

Cheers!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:48 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Looking good so far!

Will we be seeing some more detailed battle reports for the larger fights, or did those take too much time?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:27 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Sorry I forgot to give orders first.... takes time with a first time player.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:46 pm 
    I'm processing the battle now, thanks to insomnia.

There were some issues with the calculations from both players - which tells me the rules are not clear enough. The stack bonus applies to the stack, not per unit in the stack (ie, you get +16 combat for a stack of 8 units, not 8 x 16 combat).

I'm going to count rulers and heirs as Warlords for the purposes of leadership bonuses.

And I noticed that burrowing gets first fire in its description, but not in the combat rules. I wondered about whether burrowed units should get the defence bonus from walls and dungeons if they are leaping out of the ground to attack units entering the hex, but that gets way too complicated. Burrowing units are now assumed to create traps for those entering the hex. It's natural dirtamancy. Or a Wizard did it. Either way.

Also, some Characters still have stats listed from the old version of the rules when I was going to randomise each warlord and blah blah blah. Ignore those. Ignore them with prejudice. If you have a character with stats in your report, let me know so I can delete them.

I'm making notes for X.2 !

I will try to write a narrative for the battle, but we'll see how that works out!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:04 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    So, to clarify, what do these burrowed traps do, mechanically? Do Burrowed units still have defensive first strike, or something else altogether?

Quote:
    I'm making notes for X.2 !

Do you think it'll be necessary to switch rulesets again mid-game? The current set seems fairly solid.

Edit:
    Also, question on the side. You've repeatedly called Downtown's mercenaries "Veshtu". But I was under the impression that Veshtu were allied with Voyera. Is that all correct?

Edit 2: Also, loved the report overall. Very well written.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:31 pm 
    The Burrowed units still get first strike - we'll just call it traps or dirtamancy or somesuch.

I'm not planning on changing rulesets again - I'm planning ahead for the next game.

The Veshtu are native allies - Sand Elves. Both powers have them as allies.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:38 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Well hasn't this all been interesting! That was sudden!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:05 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    So...

Tough break, Taikei :(

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:21 pm 
    No worries. I figured that was exactly what was going to happen as soon as LT sent me my side info. I was horribly behind in every way imaginable, and that was without even knowing what anyone else had. Did what I could, but it wasn't much. Don't worry though, haven't seen the last of Tak ;)

Very much enjoyed reading the battle. I am a bit confused though, as I actually had slightly more defenders than I thought (I didn't think my warlord had made it back with some extra slingers), yet my attacks were significantly less than I calculated out with that smaller force. In fact, I had calculated with 4 fewer slingers, and one less warlord, and came out with about 120ish more first fire attacks. I'm sure I still would have been crushed, even with a couple hundred more attacks, but it is important to figure out who made mistakes where, because either I'm running my calculations wrong based on the information provided, or LT left out quite a bit of stuff. Either way, shoring up that gap is important. Because if I'm calculating wrong, possible that others are as well. And if LT goofed, well, we know we need to keep an eye on our titan. :mrgreen:

Edit: Never got to use that 100,000s clerical error either :P

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:24 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Taikei no Yuurei wrote:
    No worries. I figured that was exactly what was going to happen as soon as LT sent me my side info. I was horribly behind in every way imaginable, and that was without even knowing what anyone else had. Did what I could, but it wasn't much. Don't worry though, haven't seen the last of Tak ;)

Very much enjoyed reading the battle. I am a bit confused though, as I actually had slightly more defenders than I thought (I didn't think my warlord had made it back with some extra slingers), yet my attacks were significantly less than I calculated out with that smaller force. In fact, I had calculated with 4 fewer slingers, and one less warlord, and came out with about 120ish more first fire attacks. I'm sure I still would have been crushed, even with a couple hundred more attacks, but it is important to figure out who made mistakes where, because either I'm running my calculations wrong based on the information provided, or LT left out quite a bit of stuff. Either way, shoring up that gap is important. Because if I'm calculating wrong, possible that others are as well. And if LT goofed, well, we know we need to keep an eye on our titan. :mrgreen:

He was talking about mistaken calculations just a few posts up, namely considering stacking bonuses, if that could be where the difference lies.

Quote:
    (ie, you get +16 combat for a stack of 8 units, not 8 x 16 combat).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:58 pm 
    For some reason you were multiplying by 16 when you only had 8 units in the stack. I think I got things pretty right...

Cheers

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:09 am 
    LTDave wrote:
    For some reason you were multiplying by 16 when you only had 8 units in the stack. I think I got things pretty right...

Cheers

I thought the bonus for 8 units was +16. Or do you mean he should have added 16 to the stacks final combat score?

From the rules,
    Add the stacking bonus (for 1 unit, 0; for 2, +1; for 3, +2; for 4, +4; for 5, +7; for 6, +9; for 7,

+12; for 8 or more, +16).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:58 am 
    Okay, yeah, I see what I did wrong. It was because I switched the stack sizes and then forgot to change all the numbers. I was trying to rush out the calculations early in the morning a few minutes before I had to go into work, so, yeah, typos of the math verity.

@Doe - Basically I was counting each unit's attack twice because my calculation still had 16 units in my stacks of 8. I did think it was still kinda high when I was doing it, and that would be why.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:27 am 
    Turn 17 continues with the Moppets taking their turn.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:49 pm 
    Hey Dave, I want to say if you have a use of me I'm open to RPing a great empire, helping GM, or taking over another empire and destroying it with incompetence if you like.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Your Games