Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:42 am 
Offline
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
Posts: 1332
[OOC] I have 2 responses depending on the height of the corridor as it narrows [IC response 1] is if the corridor appears to be higher the the diameter of the pillar such that Magda thinks she could squeeze through the space left if the pillar becomes stuck past the alcove , alternatively [IC response 2] is given if she thinks the pillar will fully block the corridor
[IC response 1]
Magda stubbonly refuses Teldins request to leave her alcove. "If the Duke wants to risk his life in a footrace with a pillar ..so be it. I'll take a gamble that the alcove will let me see whats left if the pillar moves. You may have to rescue me so leave me a torch and flint please...and go find some vines or creepers."
[IC response2]
She meekly follows complaining " We should look to see if we can delay the pillar should it roll. A mound of earth some rubble or blocks would be enough..it may buy Minsmeals life... Teldin, Peter, can you delay him while we prepare ?" [/OOC]

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:01 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    Werebiscuit wrote:
    [OOC] I have 2 responses depending on the height of the corridor as it narrows

    OOC: Unfortunately without a tape measure which you don't have you can't really tell with only flickering torchlight to see with. It might or might not block it.

    As for vines & creepers and/or blocks. There isn't much, cobwebs, the old tapestry that fell into the spike pit in the prior room, etc. Maybe some of the floor tile blocks at the edge of the 'bridge' could be pried up, if someone is willing to risk going over to them. Nobody brought along any rope.

    IC:
    Marco speaks up. "Beggin yer pardon sir, but we can't really let you do that if you think the pillar is going to move. If you die we all die next turn with no warlord holding an upkeep purse. Whereas if you live, even if one of us doesn't, at least everyone else has a chance to live on."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:32 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:41 am
    Posts: 799
    The Duke looks at each of them with a grin from ear to ear and a twinkle in his eye. "I really need to think for just a few seconds more each time I think to give an order," he says. He than moves has quickly has caution permits down towards the alcoves while silently ordering Marco and Juan to get a general measurement of the hall way by using their bodies has measuring tools. He reaches forward brushing away cobwebs looking for the loosest pieces of masonry and pulling those pieces away from the wall. After he collected some he moved back up the safe path to stand just before the stone block. Than leaning around the Block, with out touching it, begins to place the pieces of masonry so that the will act has doorstops to keep the pillar from ever even starting to roll. Once he has formed a fairly sturdy block he will wait for Marco and Juan to give a report on their findings.

    _________________
    Image

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:10 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    Werebiscuit wrote:
    [OOC] I have 2 responses depending on the height of the corridor as it narrows [IC response 1] is if the corridor appears to be higher the the diameter of the pillar such that Magda thinks she could squeeze through the space left if the pillar becomes stuck past the alcove , alternatively [IC response 2] is given if she thinks the pillar will fully block the corridor
    [IC response 1]
    Magda stubbonly refuses Teldins request to leave her alcove. "If the Duke wants to risk his life in a footrace with a pillar ..so be it. I'll take a gamble that the alcove will let me see whats left if the pillar moves. You may have to rescue me so leave me a torch and flint please...and go find some vines or creepers."
    [IC response2]
    She meekly follows complaining " We should look to see if we can delay the pillar should it roll. A mound of earth some rubble or blocks would be enough..it may buy Minsmeals life... Teldin, Peter, can you delay him while we prepare ?" [/OOC]


    01000101 wrote:
    OOC: Unfortunately without a tape measure which you don't have you can't really tell with only flickering torchlight to see with. It might or might not block it.

    As for vines & creepers and/or blocks. There isn't much, cobwebs, the old tapestry that fell into the spike pit in the prior room, etc. Maybe some of the floor tile blocks at the edge of the 'bridge' could be pried up, if someone is willing to risk going over to them. Nobody brought along any rope.



    [OOC] In that case Magda will go with IC response 2

    P.S. just to re -iterate that I'm off on holiday with possibly no internet access for 2 weeks from tomorrow. Will try to keep posting but cannot gaurentee it. Garnd Diplomat has control of Magda's responses while I'm away.[/OOC]

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:55 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    Grand Diplomat wrote:
    The Duke looks at each of them with a grin from ear to ear and a twinkle in his eye. "I really need to think for just a few seconds more each time I think to give an order," he says. He than moves has quickly has caution permits down towards the alcoves while silently ordering Marco and Juan to get a general measurement of the hall way by using their bodies has measuring tools. He reaches forward brushing away cobwebs looking for the loosest pieces of masonry and pulling those pieces away from the wall. After he collected some he moved back up the safe path to stand just before the stone block. Than leaning around the Block, with out touching it, begins to place the pieces of masonry so that the will act has doorstops to keep the pillar from ever even starting to roll. Once he has formed a fairly sturdy block he will wait for Marco and Juan to give a report on their findings.


    OOC: You can't issue complex orders silently so I'll assume it was done verbally.

    IC:
    The group managed to pry a couple of loose floor tiles from the edge and wedge them under the pillar, but refrain from attempting to gather more after Marco slips and nearly falls into the water below, only another torch was lost as it snuffed out upon hitting the water. Borrowing others torches, though even with less light, they report that although it is unlikely that the pillar would go into the hall due to the more abrupt narrowing just before the alcoves, they still can't say for if it will stop in front of the alcoves or beside them, or if it will leave any gaps large enough to squeeze through to get past it.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:21 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:41 am
    Posts: 799
    IC: The Duke Looks at every one has they stand there on the edge of the bridge next to the alcoves. He looks at the bridge and the gems upon the stone. A small reward for the first fool to escape the trap that almost certainly awaited. There are now only 4 of the 6 Torches left. He wipes the sweat that has accumulated upon his brow has he speaks, "I fear that if the pillar does not stop rolling when it hits the entrance any one in the Alcoves will be trapped. Juan I ask you to wait here while I go and take the Gems we need in order to survive and rebuild our side. The Rest of you I order to wait at least if not around the corner at the end of the hall for Juan and me. Juan your task will be to watch the pillar and decide if it's rolling slow enough that we can make it around the corner or if we need to hide in the Alcoves. If Juan here tells me that we need to go to the alcoves I will throw the Gems down the hall to you so that you may have them." I than begin walking to spring the trap.

    _________________
    Image

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:06 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    IC:

    Before Juan has a chance to protest again about the Duke's safety, the Duke walks up to the block a takes the bag of gems of the block. He tensed for the surity of the trap and then

    ...nothing happens.




    You secure the bag, giving it a look through briefly first, it seems heavy, there is certainly alot in here of various colors and sizes. You wont know how much each is worth until converting them into shmuckers, but generally bigger, of which you think you have a few, means are worth more than smaller ones. You've heard that sometimes the colors have some meaning in regard to the gem value as well. However you are no a moneymancer or a dirtamancer so you have no idea what the colors of these might mean. Your quick glances reveal gems of red, yellow, blue, green, and clear. So you turn back to head back down the slope.


    That's when you finally hear the sound of grinding rock behind you, looking back over your shoulder you see the block the gems were sitting on, which was also stopping the pillar from rolling down the slope, sinking into the floor. You think it might be a good idea to run.

    Back by the alcoves, those standing around there also hear the sound of rock grinding against rock, form behind them as a wall begins to descend from the ceiling cutting off access to the hallway. Though if you act fast some of you might make it to the other side before is descends fully.

    (not everyone can physically fit inside the alcoves)

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:11 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    Magda apparaently deciding that someone has to report back runs to the sliding wall, shouting " Marco ! This way..after meeeee "! and goes into a flat dive at the disappearing gap. She will roll onto her back and continue rolling her body parallel to the rapidly closing wall, eyes closed and praying to the Titans.

    [OOC] not sure if we are still playing after a longish hiatus but I'm back from holiday and willing to give it a go [/OOC]

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:36 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:41 am
    Posts: 799
    Duke Minsmeal runs along the bridge. I throw the bag of gems through the closing exit. I shout with extreme urgency dripping all through out my voice, "Teldin get the Caster to safety! Marco, follow Magda! Juan make sure Peter, Teldin and Marco get the whole way through and than get your self to safety!" I study the closing door to decide if I to will get through.
    OOC: Will Peter and Teldin be able to get through behind Marco and Magda?
    I apologize for not responding sooner.

    _________________
    Image

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:00 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    Werebiscuit wrote:
    Magda apparaently deciding that someone has to report back runs to the sliding wall, shouting " Marco ! This way..after meeeee "! and goes into a flat dive at the disappearing gap. She will roll onto her back and continue rolling her body parallel to the rapidly closing wall, eyes closed and praying to the Titans.

    [OOC] not sure if we are still playing after a longish hiatus but I'm back from holiday and willing to give it a go [/OOC]


    Grand Diplomat wrote:
    Duke Minsmeal runs along the bridge. I throw the bag of gems through the closing exit. I shout with extreme urgency dripping all through out my voice, "Teldin get the Caster to safety! Marco, follow Magda! Juan make sure Peter, Teldin and Marco get the whole way through and than get your self to safety!" I study the closing door to decide if I to will get through.
    OOC: Will Peter and Teldin be able to get through behind Marco and Magda?
    I apologize for not responding sooner.



    OOC: Posting has been extremely slow, it needs to pick up speed if any progress is going to be made in a reasonable amount of time. Mismeal isn't close enough to throw the bag so I am ignoring that, as for who gets through the door It was a case of who managed to post first.

    IC:
    Magda and Marco slide under the door barely in time before it hits meets the floor with a slame. Teldin and Peter quickly reverse direction as it seem unlikely that they should even try.

    The sounds of rocks being crushed to dust echo throughout the room behind the Duke and Juan, a quick glance backwards reveals the few stone that were wedged under the pillar having crumbled and the pillar lurching forward and beginning its rapidly accelerating roll Perhaps they at least bought you a few seconds head start. However you don't even think you'll make it to the alcoves, as you near the edge of bridge and wonder what might await in the depths below.

    Teldin and Peter have a fraction of a second to decide, their exit route having been cut off. Which to choose, seemingly probably safety but possibly being trapped in the alcoves, or risk running toward the rolling pillar of doom and hoping they can jump in the water in case Mismeal and Juan can't make it that to where they are, so they are not separated.

    It seems no matter the case the stack has been broken up.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:29 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:41 am
    Posts: 799
    Duke Minsmeal says, "Juan, JUMP!" Leaping to the side out into the air. The final thoughts of the Duke are, "If I live through this I need to find a better way to set off Traps while getting the prize."

    _________________
    Image

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:24 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:25 am
    Posts: 545
    Location: Bay Area, California
    Teldin will grab Peter and run for the jump into the water. When we get close Teldin will try make sure to push Peter into the water and use the momentum the other way to get in the water from the other side.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:18 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    [OOC] Before my next IC post I'd like to know who was carrying the 4 remaining torches. I'm assuming that Juan dropped his in the pit (which was why Magda 'ordered' Marco to follow her But may be wrong in my choice) I know Magda couldn't carry one as she needed both hands to keep an arrow nocked in her bow. Basically I'm asking who has light to see by and who has been stranded in the dark. [/OOC]

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:03 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    Werebiscuit wrote:
    [OOC] Before my next IC post I'd like to know who was carrying the 4 remaining torches. I'm assuming that Juan dropped his in the pit (which was why Magda 'ordered' Marco to follow her But may be wrong in my choice) I know Magda couldn't carry one as she needed both hands to keep an arrow nocked in her bow. Basically I'm asking who has light to see by and who has been stranded in the dark. [/OOC]



    OOC:
    Marco has one that survived being tossed under the door. So Magda and Marco have light. I assume the other three were with Teldin, Peter and Mismeal. Though they'll go out if they hit the water. Was waiting to see of Godzfirefly would post before progressing.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:45 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    [OOC]
    0100010 wrote:
    . Was waiting to see of Godzfirefly would post before progressing.



    It seems that Godzfirefly has been busy as evidenced by his post in another games thread
    Efrgame Open to All wrote:
    Godzfirefly wrote:
    Grand Diplomat wrote:
    Hey Gfly are you out there?

    Sorry, it's been a busy week, and I only just saw the message. I'll respond to it asap.

    {/OOC]

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:23 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    OOC: well, moving on then....

    IC:
    Teldin, Peter, Juan and Duke Mismeal all jump into the dark water below. The good news was that it was deep enough that no one injured themselves, at least no one got incapacitated from a fall. The bad news was that everyone was now treading water, in the the dark as the torches went out.

    The whole ruins seem to shake as the pillar slams into the wall somewhere up above, small bits of rock and debris fall into the water with loud disorienting splashes.

    Double checking the Duke still has the bag of gems tucked under his soggy coat. After surfacing and calling out everyone you all manage to find each other and stack up.

    Mismeals internal number indicating upkeep due next turn has not changed, so Madga, Marco and everyone on the surface are must still be alive.


    OOC:
    okay other questions....

    Are people bored or something or just busy? Aside from werebiscuit announcing in advance of being away, the posting has been beyond slow, and sparse as well. If the game is going to continue it needs to occur at a fasting posting rate. Otherwise it will take months just even to get past one turn. The ruins could have been searched far more quickly than present, you have a findamancer... that was on purpose. I'd advise stop being stingy with spell usage.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:48 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:25 am
    Posts: 545
    Location: Bay Area, California
    IC: Teldin will ask if Peter has any basic spell that can provide light? If not he will ask if Peter can find a route to meet-up with our allies.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:02 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:51 am
    Posts: 663
    Peter shivers in the cold water and starts patting down his soaked pockets as if he were inventorying their contents. Finally, he pulls out his compass and focuses his attention on it. "Flannery, Carrier, Hall"

    Suddenly, the needle glowed faintly and spun as juice poured into it, Finding a safe path first to dry land, then to the lost members of their stack. Unlike usual, this time he focused a part of the juice to create a visual element to the Finding. Specifically, a small glowing orb that would lead the way to the Found objects.

    Once dry land was under their feet (barring obstacles) Peter paused, raised a hand to gesture the others wait a moment, and said, "One more thing." He focused on an image of Magda and the other lost members of the team and spent a small spark of juice to set up a passive sense of their relative location in his mind. Then, he concentrated on the units around him and did the same for them. With that done, he added, "This will be the safest path back to Magda. There may yet be obstacles, and it may not be the shortest path. But, it will do. Juan, follow that light and keep an eye out for traps. I'll be close behind you. Let's go."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:22 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:25 am
    Posts: 545
    Location: Bay Area, California
    Alright so we should have Duke in front I will be second, Peter is third and Juan is the last one watching for attacks from behind.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:21 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    OOC:
    Game is on hold until RL settles down and I can get my Erfstria units designed and subnmitted (which RL keeps interfering with)

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ] 

    Board index » Your Things » Your Games


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: wiz and 5 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: