Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:02 am 
Offline
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
Posts: 1332
" Mmmhmmm..... however that scraping and light has already warned anything beyond, THIS, door that is has been opened. Why give them time to set up an ambush or investigating patrol ? We should press ahead." She looks to Minsnmeal for further orders

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:51 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:41 am
    Posts: 799
    "Agreed," the Duke says. "We shall search this hallway first. Marco, Juan, Watch our flank with utmost care." Minsmeal leads the way forward testing the floor and searching for any more traps. He intentionally moves to the left side of the wall so that he can see around better.

    _________________
    Image

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:19 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:25 am
    Posts: 556
    Location: Bay Area, California
    Teldin takes up his place right behind Minsmeal and follows.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:39 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:51 am
    Posts: 663
    Peter takes a place in the stack just behind Sir Teldin, prepared for casting a mild accuracy enhancement boost on the stack if necessary.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:15 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    Magda adopts her usual 'column' formation behind Peter but to the right so she can squeeze a shot past him and Teldin to cover Minsmeal. As per usual she will travel with bow levelled and arrow nocked but not drawn. She wonders why they didn't use Peter to decide which door to open first but obviously the Duke had some tactical reason to save his juice. "Maybe we'll explore the place first, then have Peter find anything we missed...Hmmm... that would indeed be fine thinking as even a 'no result' would be useful imformation" she surmises.

    [OOC] As of next friday (June 28th) I'll be off on holiday and quite possibly off line for 2 weeks. I'll try to look in on the forum while away but don't know what computer access I'll have so I can't promise anything. While I'm away Magda will explicitly follow the Duke's orders. I hereby give Grand Diplomat permission to post orders for Magda from now till 12th July [/OOC]

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:05 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    After rounding the corner, the stone square tile floored hallway begin to slope upwards slightly, leaving room for only 2 persons to stand shoulder to shoulder. It widens a bit a several feet in to allow 3 persons to stand in a row and is flanked on each sides by a tiny closet sized alcove in the deteriorating wall that perhaps two persons at most could fit in. A quick search of the alcoves reveals mostly cobwebs and crumbling stonework.

    The floor at the end of the upwards sloping hallway narrows again as it turns into a sort-of 'bridge' that cross a larger room. It is surrounded on the left and right sides by a treacherous collapsed floor leading to dark muddy water several dozen feet below. A tall, but broken stone pillar to the left stands upright out of the water. An even more broken stone pillar stands on the right in the water, half the height of the one on the left. Its top half having fallen over onto the narrow hallway blocking access to the other side. The broken pillar extends beyond the edges of the "bridge" making going around it improbable, and exceedingly dangerous. The columns are very large, with diameters twice the height of a man. They appear covered in a thick slimy moss, as does much of the floor. In front of the fallen pillar is a large square block which extends upwards from the floor, atop the block something sparkles in the torchlight.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:46 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    Magda squints at the block from her position in the party. " That floor looks more treacherous than the trap. Be careful, if you're going to check it out.
    She looks around to see it there's anything they could use as a line. She wonders if they tied her bowstring to the middle of the bow it they could use it as a dragline to drag the glittering item off the block onto the floor.

    [OOC] would we be able to drag the, whatever it is, off the block without it possibly falling through the broken floor into the water. I'm having trouble visualizing the layout of the "bridge".. Is it a raised section of the floor ? and how high is it in comparison to the top of the block ? How far away is the block from the " bridge"...a step ?.. a jump ?..or further ? [/OOC]

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:42 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    Werebiscuit wrote:

    [OOC] would we be able to drag the, whatever it is, off the block without it possibly falling through the broken floor into the water. I'm having trouble visualizing the layout of the "bridge".. Is it a raised section of the floor ? and how high is it in comparison to the top of the block ? How far away is the block from the " bridge"...a step ?.. a jump ?..or further ? [/OOC]

    OOC:
    Code:
                Exit/Far side
    ---------------|=====|----------------
    |    _      ___|_____|___      _     |
    |   |P|    |Fallen Pillar|    |P|    |
    |   |_|    |_____________|    |_|    |
    |              | |B| |               |
    |             E| |_| |E              |
    |  Water      d|     |d    Water     |
    |             g|  S  |g              |
    |             e|  l  |e              |
    |_________     |  o  |     __________|
    |   Wall  |    |  p  |    | Wall         
            __|____|  e  |____|__
      Wall | A Edge       Edge A | Wall
           |______  Floor  ______|           
                  |   X   |
            Wall  |       | Wall
                  |=======|
                  |  Hall |

    P = Standing Pillar
    A = alcove
    B = Block (and glowing thing on top)
    Hall = place you were at before
    X = you are here

    The block is ON the "bridge". Yes, it is a raised section of the floor about waist high, you can walk up to it. Albeit the floor is slippery, only the edges are dangerous.

    The floor is broken and collapsed (from what you can see) at the indicated edges) You can reach/drag off the object without any immediate risk of it or you falling. It is however still a long walk from where you are to the block. So this is not something you can do without going out onto the floor and getting right next to it.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:14 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:25 am
    Posts: 556
    Location: Bay Area, California
    IC:

    My thought is to have Magda cover (in case there are enemies around) while one of us moves slowly towards the pillar to investigate the glowing thing on top. If I stay in the middle of the slope it looks like I can move through there and get to the pillar. Once we know what the glowing thing is we can plan our next idea. Thoughts?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:26 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    0100010 wrote:
    [OOC:]
    Code:
                Exit/Far side
    ---------------|=====|----------------
    |    _      ___|_____|___      _     |
    |   |P|    |Fallen Pillar|    |P|    |
    |   |_|    |_____________|    |_|    |
    |              | |B| |               |
    |             E| |_| |E              |
    |  Water      d|     |d    Water     |
    |             g|  S  |g              |
    |             e|  l  |e              |
    |_________     |  o  |     __________|
    |   Wall  |    |  p  |    | Wall         
            __|____|  e  |____|__
      Wall | A Edge       Edge A | Wall
           |______  Floor  ______|           
                  |   X   |
            Wall  |       | Wall
                  |=======|
                  |  Hall |

    P = Standing Pillar
    A = alcove
    B = Block (and glowing thing on top)
    Hall = place you were at before
    X = you are here

    The block is ON the "bridge". Yes, it is a raised section of the floor about waist high, you can walk up to it. Albeit the floor is slippery, only the edges are dangerous.

    The floor is broken and collapsed (from what you can see) at the indicated edges) You can reach/drag off the object without any immediate risk of it or you falling. It is however still a long walk from where you are to the block. So this is not something you can do without going out onto the floor and getting right next to it.



    [OOC] Many thanks..that's much clearer [/OOC]

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:30 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    Magda looks at the situation " You realize of course that if the block is removed that fallen pillar will roll down the slope ? Personally I think if you're going to get whatever it is..I'll cover you from the safety of an alcove...thanks !"

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:27 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:51 am
    Posts: 663
    Peter takes a deep breath, calming himself, and replies with a slightly shaky voice. "One small alteration to that plan. I go first. My Findamancy can help me follow the safest path. While it's no guarantee of safety, it is at least better than what you can do alone. If you insist on going, too, you can at least have the safety of following my exact steps to avoid traps that can be avoided." He tried putting the authority of an order into it, but wasn't sure how effective that would be when they weren't exactly of the same side anymore. He wasn't much of a Commander to begin with, after all.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:17 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:25 am
    Posts: 556
    Location: Bay Area, California
    Peter Given that your value to all of us is significant, can you use your findamancy on me to find the safe path and you stay safely back?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:55 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    With a casting of his hands Peter casts a simple in hex findamancy spell which highlights finding the safest path between two points, from your current position to the block. The compass needle spins and guides him straight to the center of the walkway and doesnt deviate as you carefully ascend the slippery but not too steep slope. A bright blue line then materials along the path visible to everyone, allowing anyone to follow it in whatever order they like.

    Juan, Marco and Teldin fall in at the ready, Duke Mismeal as well. Magda readies her bow and hangs back near one of the alcoves.

    As you approach, the flicker of the torchlight scatters across the object sitting on the block which clearly becomes more visible, the glow was produced by the facets of a several shiny gems, half spilling out of a decent sized bag, sitting on the block.

    Just behind the block, previously out of sight, you see someone's rainment, firmly stuck underneath the pillar, two outstreched sleeves, shoulders and collar only visible. The rainment is slick and musty with age, the corpse of its former owner must have long since depopped. Normally, mundane equipment would have depopped with it, so the rainment must not be mundane.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:17 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:25 am
    Posts: 556
    Location: Bay Area, California
    How heavy is the pillar. Can it be safely moved to allow access to the raiment?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:05 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    BrimStone wrote:
    How heavy is the pillar. Can it be safely moved to allow access to the raiment?

    OOC:
    Its diameter is taller than a man and its length about 4 times that. It's too heavy to be moved.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:48 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:51 am
    Posts: 663
    OOC: Are the gems free to grab, out of reach, or stuck under the pillar? Same question for the raiment.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:03 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    Godzfirefly wrote:
    OOC: Are the gems free to grab, out of reach, or stuck under the pillar? Same question for the raiment.


    OOC:
    The Rainment is stuck, the bag of gems is on top of the block, which is only waist high so is freely accessible.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:01 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:25 am
    Posts: 556
    Location: Bay Area, California
    I will look at the bag first and see if it is attached to anything. If not I will grab the bag of gems then and hand it to Minsmeal since I have no purse myself.

    After that I will look to see if there is anything we can use to lever the pillar.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:00 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:41 am
    Posts: 799
    Duke Minsmeal says, "Teldin don't move that. Peter take the other three and head back around the corner. I have a feeling in my gut that this block and pillar are one big trap. I also suspect the alcove so grab Magda on your way back." The Order is clear and concise.
    The Duke waits until they are safely around the corner. There is a bit of Perspiration on his forehead has he readies himself to run back towards his friends at the slightest signal. He reaches forward and tentatively removes the bag.

    _________________
    Image

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ] 

    Board index » Your Things » Your Games


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Dark Shadow, Google Adsense [Bot], Requiem_Jeer, wiz, WurmD and 4 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: