Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:13 am 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Offline
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:51 pm
Posts: 674
Peter nods. "Yes, I'll be happy to stand with the Knight." Looking a bit closer at the room they stand in, he points to the tapestry-coated furniture and adds, "Oh, there's just one more thing...If that's a table, where are the chairs?"

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:17 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:41 pm
    Posts: 807
    OOC: I do believe your correct Brimstone. The Duke should take front followed by Teldin, Peter, Magda, Stabber and other stabber, in that order. The Duke should take the front because he's tough enough to survive most first blows and he can see through veils. Peter and Magda should take middle because they are ranged and Peter is at the heart of our formation. Stabbers bringing up rear so that in the case some thing comes up from behind Peter and Magda don't get picked off first. Can we see what is on the ceiling in the room?

    _________________
    Image

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:23 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    IC:

    "You could just as well ask where are the legs.. little more than the rotten top on the floor covered by rotting cloth..." One of the stabbers quips.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:28 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:51 pm
    Posts: 674
    Peter smirks at the Stabber. "The chairs and legs rotted before the tapestry, you think? Then, perhaps you would be so kind as to move the tapestry and show us what is underneath, Mister...hmmm...I'm sorry, I've forgotten your name."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:15 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    Magda already has her bow out and arrow nocked though not pulled.
    [OOC]If the rest line up as Diplomat has suggested Magda will make sure she is off-line to the scabbard (or shield arm) side of the duke to allow her to cover any threats the dukes weapon cannot and so that only someone charging or ambushing the duke from his weapon side will be out of aim. [/OOC]
    "A line is all very well in a corridor or tight space, your grace, but it does not protect Peters flanks in a room. May I suggest that in rooms I protect Peters left flank " [OOC]( assuming the Duke is right handed...vice versa if he's not) [/OOC] "and we move...er Juan...that's your name, no ?...up to protect his right."
    "From that formation it is only a quick step for both Teldin and Juan to form a front line with your grace in times of frontal attack. Simlarly with ambush from either side a quick step to meet it from Teldin and our rearguard gives us a flank line with either Juan or myself."

    [OOC] if the stabber goes to uncover whatever the tapestry is covering Magda will continue to scan the room and cover the far wall and it's doorways with her bow trusting Peter will cover the stabber [/OOC]

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:41 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:25 am
    Posts: 721
    Location: Bay Area, California
    Teldin takes position in the group to make sure that he is always between the direction we are headed and Peter. This includes when in a room and others are searching. Teldin has a basic spot skill, but compared to the leaders and archer he is not nearly as good at searching, so he lets others do that while he keeps an eye out for threats that may approach. If there is more room we need to have 2x2 then Teldin will join the front rank on the right side of the Duke so that the shield can be used to help screen the Duke.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:27 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    Godzfirefly wrote:
    Peter nods. "Yes, I'll be happy to stand with the Knight." Looking a bit closer at the room they stand in, he points to the tapestry-coated furniture and adds, "Oh, there's just one more thing...If that's a table, where are the chairs?"


    The stabber makes a grimaced expression and saunters up to the front and sheathes his sword. He walks over to the edge of the planks and bends down to reach for the tapestry. As he does so the ground gives way in a cloud of dust and a loud crash and wood tapestry and dirt fall into a pit along with the stabber. A loud scream is heard though and a few seconds later as the dust clears and Juan, was that his name? can be seen no more.

    Then after the sounds of crashing stops, a pitiful cry can be heard. Carefully approaching the pit and peering over the side reveals Juan hanging to the edge by one hand. His torch lost and sputtering on the floor below, whose light reveals where the planks and broke apart on the floor and the tapestry cloth, precarious snagged and draped atop of several upright sharpened stakes.

    Natural dirtacmancy, a pit trap for the unwary, blocks your path. It does not seem too terribly wide though, perhaps it could be jumped across, or gone around at the edges, if the ground there might support your weight.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:30 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:25 am
    Posts: 721
    Location: Bay Area, California
    If no one else moves first I will go pull him up. Is he down any hits?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:12 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:41 pm
    Posts: 807
    I hurry forward silently ordering Teldin to hold position and keep everyone back, for now. I reach down to grab Juan and then lean back using my weight to assist me in pulling him up. After pulling him up. I take a good look around to make sure there won't be anymore nasty surprises. I have also transferred all shmuckers to Peter in the case some one or something gets lucky.

    _________________
    Image

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:43 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    IC:
    You manage to pull Juan up but not without help, as the other stabber moves forward to lend a hand, and help steady you as well, lest you tumble in too.

    Juan is shaken but uninjured and everyone steps back away from the edge of the pit. One torch has been lost but luckily nothing else has.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:48 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:51 pm
    Posts: 674
    A bit wide-eyed, Peter looks around at the others. Clearly, even he had not anticipated that pit trap. "Well, that was exciting." Looking to the stabber that was saved, "I suppose we can agree that we can resolve such disagreements with words next time?"

    Without waiting for an answer from Juan (?), he asks Minsmeal, "Should I Find which door leads most directly to the treasure that would be most useful to us, and perhaps Find a safe path through this room around the pit trap? Or, do we anticipate searching the entirety of the ruin regardless of where the treasures are?"

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:07 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:41 pm
    Posts: 807
    "I do think it is best to search this place in it's entirety," Responds Duke Minsmeal. Looking at the pit again I say, "Juan and Marco Polo stay close to me just in case I need a hand," I command. I than begin to make my way around the right edge of the pit testing the ground has I go. [OOC: Marco is the other stabber]

    _________________
    Image

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:55 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    Duke Mismeal carefully tests the ground near the edge of the pit while also hugging the wall of the room tightly. Its seems rather firm so taking a few braver steps he manages to get to the other side. Marco and Juan soon follow as well offering assistance for anyone else.

    "I hope there's not more traps elsewhere down here." Marco exclaims.

    "Yeah well maybe the findamancer should do something about that rather than asking one of us to move a tapestry and find them for him." said Juan, clearly still upset at his close call.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:15 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    Magda stifles a chuckle at Juan's remark to steady any shoulder rock as she draws a bead on the door nearest where Minsmeal crosses the trap " I'll remain covering while the rest of you cross, including you, Peter. " she lets out in a slow breath. After a pause while she inhales shallowly she adds " You can indicate when you're ready to cover the party while I join you "

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:14 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:41 pm
    Posts: 807
    I turn to Peter and say, "I want to know everything about this place to honor the fallen." I smile and say to Juan, "How about you take the rear so that you can keep our ranged units from getting taken out." I wait for Magda to cross and than move towards the right hand door.

    _________________
    Image

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:46 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:51 pm
    Posts: 674
    Peter carefully inches around the pit trap, trying to place his feet exactly where Minsmeal had. On the other side, he follows towards the right door, ready to use his juice upon need. His eyes continue sliding over everything, rarely focusing on any single object for long. Murmuring, "If we're searching the whole place, I guess there's not much point of me Finding obvious treasures or threats since we'll meet them all eventually." With a somewhat louder and clearer voice, he adds, "Feel free use me to search for things like hidden doors or traps. We might not find them, otherwise."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:07 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    Magda murmurs " Hmm.That's actually a good idea, Peter " a bit more loudly she continues " Can you actually specify something like that in your spell Peter ? If so it might be an Idea to search for the most well hidden object in this underground complex...on the assumption that you wouldn't go to the trouble of hiding invaluable objects "

    She will wait covering the exits until Minsmeal, Teldin and Peter have crossed the pit safely before attempting her own crossing. Once across she will focus her aim on the right-hand doorway trusting Jaun or Marco to protect her flank from the left. She will take a wide enough angle that she can aim past Minsmeal until he is about swordarms length from the door.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:45 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:25 am
    Posts: 721
    Location: Bay Area, California
    While Minsmeal is moving to the right hand door Teldin will place himself between the open hallway and Peter, staying within a short move from Minsmeal.

    My Lord if you want to open the door and keep an eye on the hallway I can be ready to move inside.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:39 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 am
    Posts: 130
    After everyone made it safely across the pit trap, the right hand door was opened, everyone was on their guard waiting for anything that might spring forth from behind it.

    Magda draw and notched an arrow while the two stabbers flanked each side of the doorway way, as Marco pushed the door open with a loud scraping sound the torchlight spilled down the dark hall,

    Inside it revealed...nothing.

    Nothing but a dark hall way that continued on a ways before turning off toward the right further down.

    The left hand door is yet to be opened.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:55 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:25 am
    Posts: 721
    Location: Bay Area, California
    I think we should set-up the same plan an open the other door, just to see if it is a room, or larger area.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ] 

    Board index » Your Things » Your Games


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: