Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:16 pm 
Offline
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:52 am
Posts: 426
MarbitChow wrote:
CroverusRaven wrote:
Also, is it possible to remove his sword and shield and give him big arms? Just curious.

It's no XCom alien, but would this be an acceptable new look?

Image


I love it

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:01 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm
    Posts: 2521
    tigerusthegreat wrote:
    Question regarding blocking in this enclosed terrain Do units not adjacent to the archer or target but in between them count as blocking for the shot, and provide a +4 defense bonus?
    No. Only units and structures adjacent to the Target, and between the Target and the Firing Unit can grant a Cover bonus.

    tigerusthegreat wrote:
    Question regarding LOS: what squares can see into the N11/12 corridor? would L 10 be able to see into it?
    The corridor is actually N12/13, so I assume you mean L11. L11 would be able to reveal some of the additional corridor, but you'd really need a unit at L12 or M12 to see down the entire way.

    Nnelg wrote:
    And on the topic of Meta, nobody outside of the tunnel has had a clear view of what's happened yet. So, unless anyone has any objections... Can we move the game forwards to the next round? If those golems aren't going to advance by themselves, we can start forming up for the assault.
    If no other players have any objections, we can consider all of the PCs in the tunnel to have cautiously retreated. The golems do not react if this action is taken.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:07 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:17 am
    Posts: 938
    Best option seems to be retreat and end turn guarding tge door and contacting our leadership.

    _________________
    Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

    Last Updated 07/14/2017

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:49 pm 
    User avatar
    Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:40 pm
    Posts: 907
    Location: Internets the World of Webs
    tigerusthegreat wrote:
    Best option seems to be retreat and end turn guarding tge door and contacting our leadership.

    Possibly... But what if there's another entrance? And could they try to sneak attack us at night? (If only we had a door that we could block from the outside... :evil: )


    I agree that we should tackle this slowly... Hm..... I want to try and parley with them.

    Nemo resumes his previous archer warlord disguise, and mounts Melissa. Leaving everyone else covering him at the tunnel entrance, he marches down the tunnel the minimum distance needed to speak with the golems, and declares:

    "We knew not that this hex contained but wild-popped Marbits. You mentioned the elves; know that my kinsmen of Tenebris at this very moment wage war on them to the south.

    I am Noone Ofimp Ortance, and my mission was to seek out mercenaries out here in the northern regions. At this I have succeeded, and the company I have gathered now camps upon the threshold. Our purpose in this hex was no more than to seek easy Exp.

    As you desired, I have introduced myself. Speak now your own name, nature and purpose."

    _________________
    "The Wizard is Charlie!"

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:53 am 
    User avatar
    This user has been published!
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm
    Posts: 3154
    {Now's our chance - someone chuck a rock at that Puppy Dog so it chews up Nemo}

    Wegio watched as the Kitty Cat and the Foolamancer squeezed past, and rolled his eyes at Whump and Zed2.
    "I don't know about you boys, but that song did not sound good to me. And those puppy dogs are bigger than the three of us put together. Might be time to go."

    _________________
    Erfworld Empires X Version 3

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:34 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    0beron wrote:
    *Far away, Vinny feels a disturbance in the fabric of the universe* hardy har har

    What ? Like crushed velvet ? :D
    LTDave wrote:
    Wegio watched as the Kitty Cat and the Foolamancer squeezed past, and rolled his eyes at Whump and Zed2.
    "I don't know about you boys, but that song did not sound good to me. And those puppy dogs are bigger than the three of us put together. Might be time to go."

    Yeah leave it up to our dollamancer to investigate their dollamancer. Some upcoming dollamancer vs dollamancer action, I think. :P

    Wait ! On reading that back it did not sound at all the way I meant it :o :shock:

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:45 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:17 am
    Posts: 938
    That sounds incredibly dirty....

    _________________
    Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

    Last Updated 07/14/2017

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:52 pm 
    User avatar
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
    Posts: 4412
    Location: Morlock Wells
    tigerusthegreat wrote:
    That sounds incredibly dirty....

    Yeah....Vinny is very flexible, but Human/Marbit might be pushing it a bit :p

    _________________
    "I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
    GJC wrote:
    Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
    There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:48 pm 
    User avatar
    This user has been published!
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm
    Posts: 3154
    It occurs to me that we should have twigged that something odd was happening when we saw a bunch of wild marbits with some elaborate golems. Those things don't just pop in the wild as a rule.

    Especially those splody mice. How would they breed? As soon as they get excited they detonate.

    _________________
    Erfworld Empires X Version 3

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:12 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 pm
    Posts: 181
    nothing breeds, or more nothing reproduces as the comic has shown they do copulate frequently.

    natural creatures spawn by eating smuckers, I just assumed the golems spawned randomly. But yeah, I had forgotten about a lot of the main thread. I should have remembered the marbit caster.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:00 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm
    Posts: 2521
    Image

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:34 am 
    User avatar
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am
    Posts: 3447
    "Wait, you two know each other?! This is either good or very very bad."

    _________________
    The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:23 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    Anex whispers to Regus " That sounds like one dollamancer that's not fabricating with a full bale of cloth. Either that or he's playing with us...no-one knows everything or lives forever, indeed...ha-ha. Either way we'd best be careful what we say and do. Take heed of the implied threat that no-one has angered him and lived to tell the tale ! "

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:32 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:17 am
    Posts: 938
    "Discretion is the better part of valor. Perhaps we should leave it alone, especially if it is unbalanced."

    _________________
    Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

    Last Updated 07/14/2017

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:51 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
    Posts: 1332
    Anex smiles sweetly at Whump "Now you see why it might have been polite to knock ? Or even see how the doors opened before we tried breaking them ?"

    She whispers to Rudy " Rudy, stay close behind and lets get a sight down that corridor from a distance out. I may need your support to cover Nemo's retreat. If that's what is ordered."
    *She goes to find cover from which she can sight down the corridor to Nemo. *

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:13 pm 
    User avatar
    Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:40 pm
    Posts: 907
    Location: Internets the World of Webs
    "My desire... Is to see the most benefit to my side.

    In pursuit of this, I must know your intentions. If you are an enemy of the elves, then speak so plainly.




    OOC:
    Man, when I picked the name, (or lack thereof) I had no idea how much potential there was in it. :D

    To assuage everyone's fears, here's what I'm doing: (spoiler'd for Marbit's sake, to keep meta knowledge out of the parley)
    Spoiler: show
    So, right now I'm trying to keep Lolly talking as much as possible, to get as much information as possible from it (yes, it -for now at least).

    When I feel I've gotten as much as I can, I'll make the best offer I can to join us. Not necessarily as in on our side, or even as a mercenary; but if I can in any way set Lolly against the elves, I shall do so.

    If that fails, then we'll have to make certain that Lolly is no threat to Tenebris, one way or another...


    (I actually have several plans about how to take out the dogs with minimal casualties, but they all require exact positioning and synchronization. I'll go over them if and when the time comes to storm the tunnel.)

    _________________
    "The Wizard is Charlie!"

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:04 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm
    Posts: 2521
    Nnelg wrote:
    In pursuit of this, I must know your intentions. If you are an enemy of the elves, then speak so plainly.[/b]

    Lolly responds, "I intend to keep doing what I'm doing - crafting my toys and protecting my realm. I am not an enemy of the Elves, nor am I an ally. I am a Marbit, and while I shall not be an ally of yours, I need not be an enemy. Then again, I do have oh so many toys... perhaps it is time I took a capital for myself. Are you very attached to yours?"

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:14 pm 
    User avatar
    This user has been published!
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm
    Posts: 3154
    If Nemo is in the tunnel, can he see down the passageway to the right?
    If not, can he slink forward enough to do so?
    It's all well and good to take out the Puppy Dogolems, but what if there are mechanical cats around the corner?

    _________________
    Erfworld Empires X Version 3

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:28 pm 
    User avatar
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am
    Posts: 3447
    MarbitChow wrote:
    Nnelg wrote:
    In pursuit of this, I must know your intentions. If you are an enemy of the elves, then speak so plainly.[/b]

    Lolly responds, "I intend to keep doing what I'm doing - crafting my toys and protecting my realm. I am not an enemy of the Elves, nor am I an ally. I am a Marbit, and while I shall not be an ally of yours, I need not be an enemy. Then again, I do have oh so many toys... perhaps it is time I took a capital for myself. Are you very attached to yours?"


    OOC: if only Will were here. He'd say, somewhat meta-savvy, "You're welcome to try. You're not the first jumped up hole dweller we send to the Titans." But since he's not, and we have Zed-too ... /OOC

    "If you want a capital, can't you make your toys build one?"

    _________________
    The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:24 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:17 am
    Posts: 938
    LTDave wrote:
    If Nemo is in the tunnel, can he see down the passageway to the right?
    If not, can he slink forward enough to do so?
    It's all well and good to take out the Puppy Dogolems, but what if there are mechanical cats around the corner?



    Nah, we fought mice first, so if there were cats we'd see them before the dogs...

    _________________
    Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

    Last Updated 07/14/2017

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 579 posts ] 

    Board index » Your Things » Your Games


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: