Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games

Post Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:30 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
Ok, I have made a PC game using Game Maker and some artwork from comics. It's a fan work, still in alpha phase, I don't intend to sell it ('cause that would be breaking Rob's rights which is "Just NO!" for me or anyone else for that matter. By no means do I want to steal from my favorite webcomic author :) ). The final version should star Stanley, have him wielding Arkenhammer, have bosses and more types of enemies... if you like this one, of course :ugeek: .

So, here's link for download and tell me what you think: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PNOGWGEZ

P.S Rob, if I did something horrible by making this, it was done from ignorance. PM me and end that ignorance. Or flay me alive. Whatever seems like a right thing to do at the time :|

Here's screenshot for you all:

Spoiler: show

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

Last edited by youngstormlord on Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:23 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter
    "Filen, som du har forsøgt at få adgang til, er midlertidigt ikke til rådighed. Prøv venligst igen senere."
    Translated that is
    "The file that you are currently trying to access is temporarily unavailability. Try again later"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:41 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Afjord wrote:
    "Filen, som du har forsøgt at få adgang til, er midlertidigt ikke til rådighed. Prøv venligst igen senere."
    Translated that is
    "The file that you are currently trying to access is temporarily unavailability. Try again later"

Err, sorry about that. It appears my paid subscription to that service ended on 25th. :oops: I have changed link to the one working now. If it displays the same message, keep refreshing the page for about 30 seconds.

I've upgraded version from version 0.01 to ver0.02. I've also changed the shape of the "bullet" and added better looking bats. Hope you'll enjoy the game and an sorry for the inconvenience. Also, sorry about bad looking graphics. This is alpha version; I'm not a pixel artist, just a coder and I did the best I could with the best free photoshop equivalent and free comic pictures. Next version should have more enemies, shield upgrade and weapon upgrades (I hope ) and even better programmed bats.

Hope you'll enjoy it.

P.S Number of bats increases the more you stay alive :mrgreen:Pictures
    Spoiler: show
    Attachment:
    File comment: screenshot 2
    screenshot101.png
    screenshot101.png [ 68.55 KiB | Viewed 6977 times ]
    Attachment:
    File comment: screen shot
    screenshot100.png
    screenshot100.png [ 67.56 KiB | Viewed 6977 times ]

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:25 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter
    Took some time out of my busy schedule (ya, right... pss) to test the game.
    It does need some work, but have potential to be a fun lunch-break game. You could make the shooting mechanism a bit funnier/tougher/more innovative. Each shot takes 1 point away from your score, making it look better and the like

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:25 am 
    Afjord wrote:
    Took some time out of my busy schedule (ya, right... pss) to test the game.
    It does need some work, but have potential to be a fun lunch-break game. You could make the shooting mechanism a bit funnier/tougher/more innovative. Each shot takes 1 point away from your score, making it look better and the like

I intend to make shooting like a flamethrower and aimed with a mouse :). It is supposed to star Stanley on his plaited red, against the whole world. Needs weeks of work, though, and some good sprites.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:12 pm 
    Uploaded a version 0.02 again (took some time to find a game after megaupload got killed by FBI and moving to other projects). I hope the game will be finished proper in July or August, when I get time to work on it. Here's a new link https://sites.google.com/site/poslovneskripte/ERFWORLD.zip?attredirects=0&d=1.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:10 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Haha! Very cute game! Does require some challenge points definitely, but is damn cute!

A few suggestions, if you are looking for some, otherwise ignore -
    1 - I like that the dwagon is not entirely symmetrical. The left side is exposed. Maybe give a tail whip option there?

2 - Maybe, reduce the number of bats and make it so that if they are left unharmed and allowed to pass by the dwagon, there is a penalty. This could simply be a score penalty.

3 - Make a few bats come at the dwagon. Home in to the dwagon. The tail whip again comes to help.

4 - A shield powerup for the dwagon. Sort of a juice scroll that comes in. Or a special bat that gives extra juice to Jack allowing him to cast foolamancy on the dwagon that makes it invulnerable for a while.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:34 pm 
    threezero98 wrote:
    Haha! Very cute game! Does require some challenge points definitely, but is damn cute!

A few suggestions, if you are looking for some, otherwise ignore -
    1 - I like that the dwagon is not entirely symmetrical. The left side is exposed. Maybe give a tail whip option there?

2 - Maybe, reduce the number of bats and make it so that if they are left unharmed and allowed to pass by the dwagon, there is a penalty. This could simply be a score penalty.

3 - Make a few bats come at the dwagon. Home in to the dwagon. The tail whip again comes to help.

4 - A shield powerup for the dwagon. Sort of a juice scroll that comes in. Or a special bat that gives extra juice to Jack allowing him to cast foolamancy on the dwagon that makes it invulnerable for a while.

Thanks. This project had fallen out of my time and my mind, though. I'll try to get it on track but can't promise anything. I got the job now and my free time is quite limited. Thank you for the suggestions :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Your Games