Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:06 am 
User avatar
This user has been published!
Offline
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 3074
Andwoidia's NATURAL ALLIES turn on them, demolishing Andwoidia's remaining peripheral cities and threatening the empire's core. Rating: Normal Target: 3 Roll: 6 Result: FAILURE.

Arcadia is actually a city state within Andwoidia Rating: Normal Target: 3 Roll: 3 Result: SUCCESS!

The Queendom of Frank accumulates a TREMENDOUS ECONOMY Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 2 Result: SUCCESS!

Dominaria having spent the previous time incognito, begins mass producing POWERFUL GOLEMS Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 5 Result: FAILURE.

Gerardion creates an UNCROAKED ARMY. Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 2 Result: SUCCESS!

Arkadia hides its city from all sides. Rating: Normal Target: 3 Roll: 4 Result: FAILURE.
"No, actually Arcadia joins Risun's trade network": Rating: Weak Target: 2 Roll: 1 Result: SUCCESS!

The Commonwealth of Escotia defeats the Weather Toffs' flying incursion force in battle: Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 3 Result: SUCCESS!
No, actually the ESCORTIAN counter attack fails with the ANTIPERSONNEL MINES damaging their own forces. Rating: Normal Target: 3 Roll: 4 Result: FAILURE.


Shusagi
Side: Andwoidia
Ruler: Mr.Roboto
Andwoidia has a LOYAL ARMY
Andwoidia has POWERFUL SEIGE
Andwoidia has an EXPERIENCED FOOLAMANCER
Mr.Roboto has been predicted to have a FAVORABLE FATE
Andwoidia is surrounded by NATURAL ALLIES
The Weather Toffs are allied with Andwoidia
Arcadia is actually a city state within Andwoidia

BLANDCorporatio
Side: House Ordos.
House Ordos has a POWERFUL ECONOMY.
House Ordos has a BAD REPUTATION WITH OTHER SIDES.
House Ordos produces STRONG MAGIC ITEMS.
House Ordos has a MERCENARY* ARMY.
House Ordos has a CUNNING LEADER.
The Ordos are a part of the Risun's trade network
House Ordos has an ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY from selling antipersonnel mines to Escotia.
House Ordos has POWERFUL SIEGE.

Sihoiba
Weather Toffs
Ruler: The Great Lord Fahrenheit
The Weather Toffs have FAST SCOUTS.
The Weather Toffs have POWERFUL FLYERS.
The Weather Toffs have a FLYING CAPITAL.
The Weather Toffs have an EXPERT PREDICTAMANCER.
The Weather Toffs have an ENORMOUS TREASURY.
The Weather Toffs have located the forces of the opposing empires.
The Weather Toffs are allied with Andwoidia
The WeatherToffs have sneaked a large flying force into Escotia.
The Commonwealth of Escotia defeats the Weather Toffs' flying incursion force in battle

WaterMonkey314
Side: The Commonwealth of Escotia
Ruler: The Lord Protector
Escotia is an ISLAND NATION.
Escotia has a VAST EMPIRE.
Escotia has an INVINCIBLE NAVY.
Escotia has a DISCIPLINED ARMY.
Escotia has BRILLIANT CASTERS.
Escotia has a BOOMING ECONOMY
Escotia has ANTIPERSONNEL MINES
The Commonwealth of Escotia hires Frankish flyers and casters
The Commonwealth of Escotia defeats the Weather Toffs' flying incursion force in battle

Iylzara
Side: The Queendom of Frank
Ruler: Queen Frank
The Queendom of Frank is A MOUNTAIN NATION
The Queendom of Frank is MINERAL RICH
The Queendom of Frank has a SMALL ARMY
The Queendom of Frank has A LOT OF FLIERS
The Queendom of Frank has MANY SHOCKAMANCERS
The Queendom of Frank has a LARGE SCALE MINING OPERATION
Queendom of Frank sells fliers and shockamancers to Risun for a large MERCENARY PAYMENT.
The Queendom of Frank earns a HIGH REPUTATION FOR MERCENARY WORK
The Queendom of Frank accumulates a TREMENDOUS ECONOMY

Nihila
Side: Risun
Ruler: Emperor Hai Tro Chen
The Empire of Risun has a FANATICAL ARMY.
The Empire of Risun controls VALUABLE PORTS.
The Empire of Risun has an EXPERIENCED AIR FORCE.
The Empire of Risun has a COMPETENT NAVY.
The Empire of Risun has a SHREWD RULER.
Risun has a TRADE NETWORK
Risun launches a series of piratical raids on Andwoidia's coastal cities, capturing many and razing the rest.
Queendom of Frank sells fliers and shockamancers to Risun for a large MERCENARY PAYMENT.
Arcadia joins Risun's trade network

Daemonwelsh
Side: Dominaria
Ruler: Urza
Dominaria has a POWERFUL MILITIA
Dominaria has LOYAL MINERS
Dominaria has SKILLED MINERS
Dominaria's capital, Urza's tower, is built DEEP UNDERGROUND
Dominaria has NUMEROUS MINERS
Dominaria has begun an EARTHAMANCY BATTERY
Dominaria has a set of POWERFUL ARTIFACTS: the EARTHAMANCY BATTERY, a powerplant powered by PURE URZA, and a massive EARTHAMANCY TOWER

zilfallon
Side: Gerardion
Ruler: Sovereign
Gerardion possesses a STRONG GROUND-FORCE.
Gerardion has a POWERFUL CROAKAMANCER.
Gerardion's capital, Castle Gerardion, is HEAVILY FORTIFIED.
Castle Gerardion has GEM MINES.
Gerardion has a POWERFUL LOOKAMANCER.
Gerardion creates an UNCROAKED ARMY.

thetobias
Side Arkadia
Ruler The Munchking
The Munchking is a BRILLIANT TACTICIAN
Arkadia has a LARGE FLEET
The Arcade is a GRAND CITY (level 5 with a lot of income)
Arkadia is a FLOURISHING CITY-STATE
Arkadia has a MASTER-CLASS FOOLAMANCER
Arcadia is actually a city state within Andwoidia
Arcadia joins Risun's trade network

48 hours begins now.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:28 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:59 pm
    Posts: 26
    The Queendom of Frank upgrades it fliers to UNMATCHED STATUS

    1. The Queendom of Frank's fliers have perpetuated a HIGH REPUTATION FOR MERCENARY WORK
    2. The same fliers recently defeated the Weathertoffs POWERFUL FLIERS
    3. The Queendom of Frank has a TREMENDOUS ECONOMY

    _________________
    "Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realise how little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:12 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:30 am
    Posts: 78
    Arkadia seperates with Andwoidia and becomes a protectorate of Risun
    Reasons:
    The Empire of Risun controls cities close to Arkadia (Arkadia is a port city (large navy) Risun has captured many ports of Andwoidia)
    The Empire of Risun has a FANATICAL ARMY (allowing Risun to protect Arkadia from Andwoidia's inevitable wrath)
    The Arcade is a GRAND CITY (making them an interesting addition to Risun's empire)

    Never try to control a PC, they fight back!

    Next turn, devastating attack on Andwoidia's capital!

    _________________
    Join us in the Battle for New Erf

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:06 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:01 am
    Posts: 282
    Dominaria, having experience after their dismal faiulure, continues trying to build their mass produced army of POWERFUL GOLEMS

    1) dominaria failed at their attempts, and have learned from their HORRENDOUS MISTAKES.
    2) dominaria has a DEDICATED MINING force with which to gather the resources neccasary for the golem cration.
    3) dominaria has a trio of EARTHAMANCY ARTIFACTS with which to utilize in the mass production.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:59 pm 
    User avatar
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 am
    Posts: 1034
    WLM: zilfallon@hotmail.com
    Location: Magic Kingdom
    Quote:
    Dominaria, having experience after their dismal faiulure, continues trying to build their mass produced army of POWERFUL GOLEMS

    1) dominaria failed at their attempts, and have learned from their HORRENDOUS MISTAKES.
    2) dominaria has a DEDICATED MINING force with which to gather the resources neccasary for the golem cration.
    3) dominaria has a trio of EARTHAMANCY ARTIFACTS with which to utilize in the mass production.


    Yes, and Gerardion supplies them with additional gems, taking some of Dominaria's SKILLED MINERS as payment.

    1)Gerardion has GEM MINES.
    2)Gerardion has a POWERFUL LOOKAMANCER. (to create the most efficient trade route between Castle Gerardion and Dominaria)
    3)Gerardion possesses a STRONG GROUND-FORCE. (to protect the trade route)

    _________________
    JadedDragoon wrote:
    I was hoping we could debate the meaning of "agent" in the the Declaration of Non-Aggression again. It totally hasn't been argued to death already.

    You know... at this point you boops aren't beating dead horses any more. You're making glue.


    Last edited by zilfallon on Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:43 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:01 am
    Posts: 282
    After this round, would Gerardion like to formalize an alliance with dominaria?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:40 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:40 am
    Posts: 104
    thetobias wrote:
    Arkadia seperates with Andwoidia and becomes a protectorate of Risun
    Reasons:
    The Empire of Risun controls cities close to Arkadia (Arkadia is a port city (large navy) Risun has captured many ports of Andwoidia)
    The Empire of Risun has a FANATICAL ARMY (allowing Risun to protect Arkadia from Andwoidia's inevitable wrath)
    The Arcade is a GRAND CITY (making them an interesting addition to Risun's empire)

    Never try to control a PC, they fight back!

    Next turn, devastating attack on Andwoidia's capital!


    Actually, Arkadia, Risun, Andwoidia, and the Weather Toffs form a POWERFUL COALITION

    Reasons:
    1. Arkadia is already a city within Andwoidia
    2. The Weather Toffs are allied with Andwoidia
    3. Risun has Arkadia within its Trade Network

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:20 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
    Posts: 750
    Location: Probably totally lost.
    Shusagi wrote:
    thetobias wrote:
    Arkadia seperates with Andwoidia and becomes a protectorate of Risun
    Reasons:
    The Empire of Risun controls cities close to Arkadia (Arkadia is a port city (large navy) Risun has captured many ports of Andwoidia)
    The Empire of Risun has a FANATICAL ARMY (allowing Risun to protect Arkadia from Andwoidia's inevitable wrath)
    The Arcade is a GRAND CITY (making them an interesting addition to Risun's empire)

    Never try to control a PC, they fight back!

    Next turn, devastating attack on Andwoidia's capital!


    Actually, Arkadia, Risun, Andwoidia, and the Weather Toffs form a POWERFUL COALITION

    Reasons:
    1. Arkadia is already a city within Andwoidia
    2. The Weather Toffs are allied with Andwoidia
    3. Risun has Arkadia within its Trade Network

    Yes, and, Risun breaks alliance promptly, launching a strike force deep into Andwoidia and capturing core cities.
    1) Risun's FANATICAL ARMY urged the Emperor to push forward with an already successful war effort.
    2) Risun's COMPETENT NAVY ferried the FANATICAL ARMY into vital attack positions, on the pretense of fortifying Andwoidia's cities.
    3) Risun's EXPERIENCED AIR FORCE worked in conjunction with the other two forces to protect them from aerial assault.

    _________________
    "The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer


    Last edited by Nihila on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:25 pm 
    User avatar
    This user has been published!
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm
    Posts: 3074
    zilfallon wrote:

    Yes, and Gerardion supplies them with additional gems, and hires some of Dominaria's SKILLED MINERS as payment.


    This one is in violation of the modified "Yes, and..." rules. You can't introduce a third party via a "Yes, and..."

    The argument can stand on its own, without being a Yes, and...

    _________________
    Erfworld Empires X

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:38 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:40 am
    Posts: 104
    Nihila wrote:
    Shusagi wrote:
    thetobias wrote:
    Arkadia seperates with Andwoidia and becomes a protectorate of Risun
    Reasons:
    The Empire of Risun controls cities close to Arkadia (Arkadia is a port city (large navy) Risun has captured many ports of Andwoidia)
    The Empire of Risun has a FANATICAL ARMY (allowing Risun to protect Arkadia from Andwoidia's inevitable wrath)
    The Arcade is a GRAND CITY (making them an interesting addition to Risun's empire)

    Never try to control a PC, they fight back!

    Next turn, devastating attack on Andwoidia's capital!


    Actually, Arkadia, Risun, Andwoidia, and the Weather Toffs form a POWERFUL COALITION

    Reasons:
    1. Arkadia is already a city within Andwoidia
    2. The Weather Toffs are allied with Andwoidia
    3. Risun has Arkadia within its Trade Network

    No, actually, Arkadia allies with Risun, which remains allied with House Ordos and Escotia, rejecting Andwoidia's proposed alliance.
    1) Escotia's BOOMING ECONOMY funds Risun's TRADE NETWORK, and Risun has no desire to cripple its own economy with a stupid move.
    2) Risun has attacked Andwoidia and has no desire to give up current gains.
    3) Risun's SHREWD RULER recognizes the stupidity of breaking an alliance with two world powers to ally with a nation he is attacking.


    So you're saying Arkadia (and Andwoidia, since they're the same nation) allies with Risun, but Risun doesn't ally with Andwoidia (and Arkadia, since they're the same nation)? From the number of "stupids" in there, it's almost looking like you're taking my success personally; I doubt you are, since it's a game, but if you are, remember: It's a game.

    And not to nitpick, but saying "I don't want to" (or "Risun has no desire to") isn't a valid reason since it doesn't call upon any traits, else if you attack my capital I could say "Andwoidia has no desire to be attacked by Risun" as one of my reasons. Since it's a Matrix game, alliances and attacks and pretty much everything work the same, so you have to try to stick to using real reasons rather than stretching them out, like with "Andwoidia defeats Risun in battle because Mr.Roboto has a FAVORABLE FATE and found a magical sword on the ground which he happened to be attuned to because of his fate which he then used when marching into battle against Risun". If the trait doesn't make sense without explanation, I wouldn't use it. (Arkadia allies with Risun because Risun has a shrewd ruler. What?)

    Edit: Oh, and forgot to mention that Risun's not "allied" with two world powers, just has a trade network with them. So that reason, in addition to stretching of the reason and addition of "stupid" to try to prove your claim, is actually founded on a reason which is false.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:51 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
    Posts: 750
    Location: Probably totally lost.
    Fair enough. I'll edit my original post. I mean nothing personally, I have a lot of fun insulting people, especially when there are holes in my argument. But if you point them out multiple times...

    You know, your argument doesn't actually appear very strong yet. So why don't I change my earlier argument to a "Yes, and..."? :twisted:

    (Central lesson: if you leave your back wide open for Nihila to backstab you, don't act surprised when a knife appears in your back.)

    (Central lesson 2: Stratagem 10 of 36.)

    Quote:
    Never try to control a PC...

    _________________
    "The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:24 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:40 pm
    Posts: 808
    Apologies to Arkadia, but this is too good of a chance to miss:

    Escotia attacks and sacks the city-state of Arkadia:

    1) The Escotian navy is INVINCIBLE; the Arkadian navy is merely LARGE.
    2) Arkadia is a CITY-STATE and easily conquered (albeit it is bizarrely a side-within-a-side)
    3) Escotian forces are emboldened by their RECENT VICTORY over the Weathertoffs.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:26 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:40 am
    Posts: 104
    Nihila wrote:
    Fair enough. I'll edit my original post. I mean nothing personally, I have a lot of fun insulting people, especially when there are holes in my argument. But if you point them out multiple times...

    You know, your argument doesn't actually appear very strong yet. So why don't I change my earlier argument to a "Yes, and..."? :twisted:

    (Central lesson: if you leave your back wide open for Nihila to backstab you, don't act surprised when a knife appears in your back.)

    (Central lesson 2: Stratagem 10 of 36.)

    Quote:
    Never try to control a PC...


    Heheh. Even if you're breaking alliance right away, I do appreciate the help in getting a coalition formed, even if it'll only be of three nations to start. And I guess that means Arkadia's out of the trade network, though it's already a pretty decent trade network. And perhaps I can try to ally the coalition with the trade network next round.. >.>"

    And yeah. I try to control a PC, so that PC revolts by.. Attempting to put itself in someone else's control. There must be some subtleties to this I'm missing.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:13 am 
    User avatar
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 am
    Posts: 1034
    WLM: zilfallon@hotmail.com
    Location: Magic Kingdom
    LTDave wrote:
    zilfallon wrote:

    Yes, and Gerardion supplies them with additional gems, and hires some of Dominaria's SKILLED MINERS as payment.


    This one is in violation of the modified "Yes, and..." rules. You can't introduce a third party via a "Yes, and..."

    The argument can stand on its own, without being a Yes, and...


    Quote:
    Yes, and Gerardion supplies them with additional gems, taking some of Dominaria's SKILLED MINERS as payment.


    I've edited it now. Could you check it please?

    If it's still not valid, then how can I say that I want to help them by selling gems but taking SKILLED MINERS as payment instead of money?

    _________________
    JadedDragoon wrote:
    I was hoping we could debate the meaning of "agent" in the the Declaration of Non-Aggression again. It totally hasn't been argued to death already.

    You know... at this point you boops aren't beating dead horses any more. You're making glue.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:36 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:50 pm
    Posts: 584
    WaterMonkey314 wrote:
    Apologies to Arkadia, but this is too good of a chance to miss:

    Escotia attacks and sacks the city-state of Arkadia:

    1) The Escotian navy is INVINCIBLE; the Arkadian navy is merely LARGE.
    2) Arkadia is a CITY-STATE and easily conquered (albeit it is bizarrely a side-within-a-side)
    3) Escotian forces are emboldened by their RECENT VICTORY over the Weathertoffs.


    Yes, but they in fact attack a different random city of Andwoidia's

    1) Andwodia has a MASTER CLASS-FOOLAMANCER to hide the city state from Arkadia
    2) The Munchking is a BRILLIANT TACTICIAN and knows how to mislead enemy forces.
    3) Arkadia is one city state of many in Andwoidia

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:28 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:30 am
    Posts: 78
    Shusagi wrote:
    And yeah. I try to control a PC, so that PC revolts by.. Attempting to put itself in someone else's control. There must be some subtleties to this I'm missing.


    I actually have multiple reasons for this:
    1) YOU tried to control me.
    2) Nihila did not try to control me.
    3) I understand the logic of joining another nation for protection.
    4) :ugeek:

    Sihoiba wrote:
    WaterMonkey314 wrote:
    Apologies to Arkadia, but this is too good of a chance to miss:

    Escotia attacks and sacks the city-state of Arkadia:

    1) The Escotian navy is INVINCIBLE; the Arkadian navy is merely LARGE.
    2) Arkadia is a CITY-STATE and easily conquered (albeit it is bizarrely a side-within-a-side)
    3) Escotian forces are emboldened by their RECENT VICTORY over the Weathertoffs.


    Yes, but they in fact attack a different random city of Andwoidia's

    1) Andwodia has a MASTER CLASS-FOOLAMANCER to hide the city state from Arkadia
    2) The Munchking is a BRILLIANT TACTICIAN and knows how to mislead enemy forces.
    3) Arkadia is one city state of many in Andwoidia


    Thanks!
    On that note, I couldn't have made that counterargument because I already made an argument, right?

    _________________
    Join us in the Battle for New Erf

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:52 pm 
    User avatar
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am
    Posts: 3447
    thetobias wrote:
    Thanks! {to Sihoiba
    On that note, I couldn't have made that counterargument because I already made an argument, right?


    Oh, Sihoiba wasn't helping you out of kindness. WaterMonkey314's Escotians stand a fair chance to win, so when something like that happens you can expect other sides to come in and mess things up for the attacker.

    (btw, Sihoiba: It's Arkadia that has the foolamancer; but that's a mere nitpick.)

    You can also, if I recall correctly, ask for both the 24h extension and the right to change arguments, seeing as how we're in a situation when a capital is attacked. LtDave's the final word on this, but you might as well prepare a new argument right now.

    Anyway, Ordos' argument goes-

    House Ordos obtains FOOLAMANCY EXPERTISE in exchange for installing STUFFAMANCY ARTILLERY* in Arkadia.

    (*: for what it's worth, they shoot high-velocity key lime pie :P But will the enemy get egg on their faces, or merely be egged on? Hey, it's Erfworld, where the taste of key lime pie may be the last you'll ever taste.)

    1. The Ordos-brokered entry of Arkadia into the trade network was very popular with Arkadians (well, certainly more so than being gobbled up by Andwoidia), so these two sides have AMIABLE RELATIONS.
    2. Arcadia is a small (but rich) city and needs EFFICIENT DEFENSE.
    3. The Ordos can mass-produce STRONG MAGIC ITEMS because of their POWERFUL ECONOMY and experience with POWERFUL SIEGE.
    (4. Arcadia has a MASTERCLASS-FOOLAMANCER that can instruct Ordos casters/fabricators in foolamancy techniques.)

    _________________
    The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:21 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:30 am
    Posts: 78
    Hmm no.. I think I'll let that pass (I feel that Sihoiba's argument is solid enough)

    Anyhow, if watermonkey's argument succeeds he'll only sack, not raze my city so it should still be there (and be in my control) only with less schmuckers. (even if not he does not kill the Munchking so I can just set up a new side :D)

    Explanation:
    WaterMonkey314 wrote:
    Escotia attacks and sacks the city-state of Arkadia:

    1) The Escotian navy is INVINCIBLE; the Arkadian navy is merely LARGE.
    2) Arkadia is a CITY-STATE and easily conquered (albeit it is bizarrely a side-within-a-side)
    3) Escotian forces are emboldened by their RECENT VICTORY over the Weathertoffs.


    What's in a name?
    to annex - to take over control of a city (eg. conquer it)
    to raze - utterly destroy a city
    to sack - plunder a city, earning mucho schuckero's and going back to your capital with said schmuckero's

    Oh, and watermonkey... No sneaky changing the words behind my back hmmmm?

    _________________
    Join us in the Battle for New Erf

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:19 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:40 pm
    Posts: 808
    Well, who's to say I won't conquer the city after sacking it? :P

    I did choose "sack" on purpose for a number of reasons:
    1) I wasn't sure if Arkadia was a side or not, and I don't want to occupy a non-capital city.
    2) Jumping straight to conquest and victory would be very ambitious and hence less likely to succeed.
    3) I'm nice. (somewhat) :P
    4) Oh, and I have no desire to go from nearly losing to being the BIG BAD in 1 turn. :P

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:19 pm 
    User avatar
    This user has been published!
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm
    Posts: 3074
    The Queendom of Frank upgrades it fliers to UNMATCHED STATUS Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 6 Result: FAILURE.

    Dominaria, having experience after their dismal faiulure, continues trying to build their mass produced army of POWERFUL GOLEMS Rating: Very Strong Target: 5 Roll: 5 Result: SUCCESS!
    Gerardion supplies Dominaria with additional gems, taking some of Dominaria's SKILLED MINERS as payment. Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 3 Result: SUCCESS!

    Arkadia seperates with Andwoidia and becomes a protectorate of Risun Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 6 Result: FAILURE.
    No, Actually Arkadia, Risun, Andwoidia, and the Weather Toffs form a POWERFUL COALITION
    Yes, and, Risun breaks alliance promptly, launching a strike force deep into Andwoidia and capturing core cities. Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 3 Result: SUCCESS!

    House Ordos obtains FOOLAMANCY EXPERTISE in exchange for installing STUFFAMANCY ARTILLERY* in Arkadia. Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 3 Result: SUCCESS!

    Escotia attacks and sacks the city-state of Arkadia: Rating: STUPID Target: 0 Roll: 2 Result: FAILURE.
    Yes, but they in fact attack a different random city of Andwoidia's Rating: Normal Target: 3 Roll: 5 Result: FAILURE.


    Shusagi
    Side: Andwoidia
    Ruler: Mr.Roboto
    Andwoidia has a LOYAL ARMY
    Andwoidia has POWERFUL SEIGE
    Andwoidia has an EXPERIENCED FOOLAMANCER
    Mr.Roboto has been predicted to have a FAVORABLE FATE
    Andwoidia is surrounded by NATURAL ALLIES
    The Weather Toffs are allied with Andwoidia
    Arcadia is actually a city state within Andwoidia
    Arkadia, Risun, Andwoidia, and the Weather Toffs form a POWERFUL COALITION
    Risun breaks alliance promptly, launching a strike force deep into Andwoidia and capturing core cities.

    BLANDCorporatio
    Side: House Ordos.
    House Ordos has a POWERFUL ECONOMY.
    House Ordos has a BAD REPUTATION WITH OTHER SIDES.
    House Ordos produces STRONG MAGIC ITEMS.
    House Ordos has a MERCENARY* ARMY.
    House Ordos has a CUNNING LEADER.
    The Ordos are a part of the Risun's trade network
    House Ordos has an ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY from selling antipersonnel mines to Escotia.
    House Ordos has POWERFUL SIEGE.
    House Ordos obtains FOOLAMANCY EXPERTISE in exchange for installing STUFFAMANCY ARTILLERY* in Arkadia.

    Sihoiba
    Weather Toffs
    Ruler: The Great Lord Fahrenheit
    The Weather Toffs have FAST SCOUTS.
    The Weather Toffs have POWERFUL FLYERS.
    The Weather Toffs have a FLYING CAPITAL.
    The Weather Toffs have an EXPERT PREDICTAMANCER.
    The Weather Toffs have an ENORMOUS TREASURY.
    The Weather Toffs have located the forces of the opposing empires.
    The Weather Toffs are allied with Andwoidia
    The WeatherToffs have sneaked a large flying force into Escotia.
    The Commonwealth of Escotia defeats the Weather Toffs' flying incursion force in battle
    Arkadia, Risun, Andwoidia, and the Weather Toffs form a POWERFUL COALITION

    WaterMonkey314
    Side: The Commonwealth of Escotia
    Ruler: The Lord Protector
    Escotia is an ISLAND NATION.
    Escotia has a VAST EMPIRE.
    Escotia has an INVINCIBLE NAVY.
    Escotia has a DISCIPLINED ARMY.
    Escotia has BRILLIANT CASTERS.
    Escotia has a BOOMING ECONOMY
    Escotia has ANTIPERSONNEL MINES
    The Commonwealth of Escotia hires Frankish flyers and casters
    The Commonwealth of Escotia defeats the Weather Toffs' flying incursion force in battle
    Escotia attacks and sacks the city-state of Arkadia

    Iylzara
    Side: The Queendom of Frank
    Ruler: Queen Frank
    The Queendom of Frank is A MOUNTAIN NATION
    The Queendom of Frank is MINERAL RICH
    The Queendom of Frank has a SMALL ARMY
    The Queendom of Frank has A LOT OF FLIERS
    The Queendom of Frank has MANY SHOCKAMANCERS
    The Queendom of Frank has a LARGE SCALE MINING OPERATION
    Queendom of Frank sells fliers and shockamancers to Risun for a large MERCENARY PAYMENT.
    The Queendom of Frank earns a HIGH REPUTATION FOR MERCENARY WORK
    The Queendom of Frank accumulates a TREMENDOUS ECONOMY

    Nihila
    Side: Risun
    Ruler: Emperor Hai Tro Chen
    The Empire of Risun has a FANATICAL ARMY.
    The Empire of Risun controls VALUABLE PORTS.
    The Empire of Risun has an EXPERIENCED AIR FORCE.
    The Empire of Risun has a COMPETENT NAVY.
    The Empire of Risun has a SHREWD RULER.
    Risun has a TRADE NETWORK
    Risun launches a series of piratical raids on Andwoidia's coastal cities, capturing many and razing the rest.
    Queendom of Frank sells fliers and shockamancers to Risun for a large MERCENARY PAYMENT.
    Arcadia joins Risun's trade network
    Arkadia, Risun, Andwoidia, and the Weather Toffs form a POWERFUL COALITION
    Risun breaks alliance promptly, launching a strike force deep into Andwoidia and capturing core cities.

    Daemonwelsh
    Side: Dominaria
    Ruler: Urza
    Dominaria has a POWERFUL MILITIA
    Dominaria has LOYAL MINERS
    Dominaria has SKILLED MINERS
    Dominaria's capital, Urza's tower, is built DEEP UNDERGROUND
    Dominaria has NUMEROUS MINERS
    Dominaria has begun an EARTHAMANCY BATTERY
    Dominaria has a set of POWERFUL ARTIFACTS: the EARTHAMANCY BATTERY, a powerplant powered by PURE URZA, and a massive EARTHAMANCY TOWER
    Dominaria has a mass produced army of POWERFUL GOLEMS
    Gerardion supplies Dominaria with additional gems, taking some of Dominaria's SKILLED MINERS as payment.

    zilfallon
    Side: Gerardion
    Ruler: Sovereign
    Gerardion possesses a STRONG GROUND-FORCE.
    Gerardion has a POWERFUL CROAKAMANCER.
    Gerardion's capital, Castle Gerardion, is HEAVILY FORTIFIED.
    Castle Gerardion has GEM MINES.
    Gerardion has a POWERFUL LOOKAMANCER.
    Gerardion creates an UNCROAKED ARMY.
    Gerardion supplies Dominaria with additional gems, taking some of Dominaria's SKILLED MINERS as payment.

    thetobias
    Side Arkadia
    Ruler The Munchking
    The Munchking is a BRILLIANT TACTICIAN
    Arkadia has a LARGE FLEET
    The Arcade is a GRAND CITY (level 5 with a lot of income)
    Arkadia is a FLOURISHING CITY-STATE
    Arkadia has a MASTER-CLASS FOOLAMANCER
    Arcadia is actually a city state within Andwoidia
    Arcadia joins Risun's trade network
    House Ordos obtains FOOLAMANCY EXPERTISE in exchange for installing STUFFAMANCY ARTILLERY* in Arkadia.
    The city-state of Arkadia has been SACKED by Escotia
    Arkadia, Risun, Andwoidia, and the Weather Toffs form a POWERFUL COALITION


    Ok, so the Arcade has been SACKED, much as ROME was by the Barbarian hordes in the 5th Century.
    I'm going to rule that this is not Game Winning, since it is not "occupied". But it is pretty darn close.
    We can expect a full blown response from the POWERFUL COALITION.

    BTW, the Weather Toff flying force in Escotia has only been defeated - not destroyed, not driven off, not even damaged.

    From me and all of mine, MERRY CHRISTMAS. Go to Church, you heathens!

    I'll process again in 48 hours (which is Boxing Day down under).

    Cheers

    _________________
    Erfworld Empires X


    Last edited by LTD on Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ] 

    Board index » Your Things » Your Games


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: kyleraymond and 4 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: