Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:07 pm 
Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
Offline
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:40 pm
Posts: 808
Iylzara wrote:
The Queendom of Frank earns a HIGH REPUTATION FOR MERCENARY WORK

1: The Queendom of Frank has a LOT OF FLIERS (With the required manoeuvrability to reach battlefields quickly)
2: The Queendom of Frank has MANY SHOCKAMANCERS (some of the most obviously battle-apt casters there are)
3: The Queendom of Frank recently received a LARGE MERCENARY PAYMENT for work of this nature.


Yes, AND the Commonwealth of Escotia further bolsters this reputation to become LEGENDARY after hiring Frankish flyers and casters to rout the Weather Toff's forces.

Reasons:
1) The Queendom of Frank has a LOT OF FLIERS (With the required manoeuvrability to reach Escotia quickly)
2) The Queendom of Frank has MANY SHOCKAMANCERS (some of the most obviously battle-apt casters there are)
3) Escotia has a BOOMING ECONOMY, revenue from which can pay the Franks.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:01 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:50 pm
    Posts: 584
    The Weathertoff's use their flying force to assassinate Escortia's LORD PROTECTOR.

    1) The Weathertoffs have POWERFUL FLYERS in Escortia's airspace.
    2) The Weathertoffs have an EXPERT PREDICTAMANCER to know when the best time is to strike.
    3) Escortia forces are DISTRACTED as they are spending their time joining with mercenary forces.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:18 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 pm
    Posts: 104
    Nihila wrote:
    Well, for after BLAND's Yes, and--> gets added to an already Very Strong argument (did you do that on purpose, BLAND?), here's my Turn 4 argument:

    Risun again initiates aggressive diplomacy, coercing Andwoidia's NATURAL ALLIES into new alliances with Risun.

    Reasons:
    1) Risun's raids on Andwoidia's coast enhanced the reputation of their FANATICAL ARMY, making threats of destruction more plausible.
    2) Risun's raids on Andwoidia's coast razed some cities, providing money for the deals.
    3) Risun's made a LARGE MERCENARY PAYMENT to Frank recently. (So they'll do the same for Natural Allies who just turn.)


    Yes, and Andwoidia allows their Natural allies to break alliance with them because they are UNRELIABLE ALLIES

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:21 pm 
    User avatar
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am
    Posts: 3447
    (Note: this post assumes that my argument for turn 3, the one that I made in the previous post about the Andwoidian powerful siege, was rolled for. If that argument was not rolled for in turn 3, then uhm, roll it now and disregard what follows).

    yes, and on Risun co-opting Andwoidian Natural Allies-> House Ordos installs TRAVELLING PORTALS in the lands of Andwoidia's (former) Natural Allies.

    1. House Ordos can produce STRONG MAGIC ITEMS.
    2. House Ordos is part of a trade network and is interested in FAST TRAVEL around the Andowidian lands (surrounded as they are by the nat allies).
    3. House Ordos has experience with MERCENARY ARMIES and a POWERFUL ECONOMY, and can hire the locals as portal guards.

    _________________
    The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:01 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 pm
    Posts: 104
    (Andwoidia's getting a lot of the hatin'! Time to pull a Parson. Muahahah..)

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:27 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:40 pm
    Posts: 808
    Shusagi wrote:
    (Andwoidia's getting a lot of the hatin'! Time to pull a Parson. Muahahah..)


    So is Escotia... what do you say we team up? I'll throw some help your way if you throw some mine. :P

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:03 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 pm
    Posts: 104
    WaterMonkey314 wrote:
    Shusagi wrote:
    (Andwoidia's getting a lot of the hatin'! Time to pull a Parson. Muahahah..)


    So is Escotia... what do you say we team up? I'll throw some help your way if you throw some mine. :P


    Feel free to ally with me next round and we can use it a a reason for future arguments.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:45 am 
    User avatar
    This user has been published!
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm
    Posts: 3226
    BLANDCorporatio wrote:
    Oy!


    Surely you mean Oi! But yes, your point is valid. Sorry for skipping. I have edited that last post to reflect the changes.

    I will process the current arguments tonight.

    I'm considering putting some limits in on the Yes, and... arguments. People just seemt o be jumping in on the act to avoid having to come up with their own argument.

    I'll think some more on this.

    _________________
    Erfworld Empires X Version 3

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:37 am 
    User avatar
    This user has been published!
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm
    Posts: 3226
    Risun again initiates aggressive diplomacy, coercing Andwoidia's NATURAL ALLIES into new alliances with Risun.
    Yes, and Andwoidia allows their Natural allies to break alliance with them because they are UNRELIABLE ALLIES Rating: Very Strong Target: 5 Roll: 6 Result: FAILURE.

    The Queendom of Frank earns a HIGH REPUTATION FOR MERCENARY WORK Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 3 Result: SUCCESS!

    The Commonwealth of Escotia hires Frankish flyers and casters Rating: Strong Target: 4 Roll: 1 Result: SUCCESS!


    House Ordos installs TRAVELLING PORTALS in the lands of Andwoidia's (former) Natural Allies. Rating: Normal Target: 3 Roll: 4 Result: FAILURE.

    The Weathertoff's use their flying force to assassinate Escortia's LORD PROTECTOR. Rating: Normal Target: 3 Roll: 6 Result: FAILURE.


    Shusagi
    Side: Andwoidia
    Ruler: Mr.Roboto
    Andwoidia has a LOYAL ARMY
    Andwoidia has POWERFUL SEIGE
    Andwoidia has an EXPERIENCED FOOLAMANCER
    Mr.Roboto has been predicted to have a FAVORABLE FATE
    Andwoidia is surrounded by NATURAL ALLIES
    The Weather Toffs are allied with Andwoidia


    BLANDCorporatio
    Side: House Ordos.
    House Ordos has a POWERFUL ECONOMY.
    House Ordos has a BAD REPUTATION WITH OTHER SIDES.
    House Ordos produces STRONG MAGIC ITEMS.
    House Ordos has a MERCENARY* ARMY.
    House Ordos has a CUNNING LEADER.
    The Ordos are a part of the Risun's trade network
    House Ordos has an ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY from selling antipersonnel mines to Escotia.
    House Ordos has POWERFUL SIEGE.

    Sihoiba
    Weather Toffs
    Ruler: The Great Lord Fahrenheit
    The Weather Toffs have FAST SCOUTS.
    The Weather Toffs have POWERFUL FLYERS.
    The Weather Toffs have a FLYING CAPITAL.
    The Weather Toffs have an EXPERT PREDICTAMANCER.
    The Weather Toffs have an ENORMOUS TREASURY.
    The Weather Toffs have located the forces of the opposing empires.
    The Weather Toffs are allied with Andwoidia
    The WeatherToffs have sneaked a large flying force into Escotia.

    WaterMonkey314
    Side: The Commonwealth of Escotia
    Ruler: The Lord Protector
    Escotia is an ISLAND NATION.
    Escotia has a VAST EMPIRE.
    Escotia has an INVINCIBLE NAVY.
    Escotia has a DISCIPLINED ARMY.
    Escotia has BRILLIANT CASTERS.
    Escotia has a BOOMING ECONOMY
    Escotia has ANTIPERSONNEL MINES
    The Commonwealth of Escotia hires Frankish flyers and casters

    Iylzara
    Side: The Queendom of Frank
    Ruler: Queen Frank
    The Queendom of Frank is A MOUNTAIN NATION
    The Queendom of Frank is MINERAL RICH
    The Queendom of Frank has a SMALL ARMY
    The Queendom of Frank has A LOT OF FLIERS
    The Queendom of Frank has MANY SHOCKAMANCERS
    The Queendom of Frank has a LARGE SCALE MINING OPERATION
    Queendom of Frank sells fliers and shockamancers to Risun for a large MERCENARY PAYMENT.
    The Queendom of Frank earns a HIGH REPUTATION FOR MERCENARY WORK

    Nihila
    Side: Risun
    Ruler: Emperor Hai Tro Chen
    The Empire of Risun has a FANATICAL ARMY.
    The Empire of Risun controls VALUABLE PORTS.
    The Empire of Risun has an EXPERIENCED AIR FORCE.
    The Empire of Risun has a COMPETENT NAVY.
    The Empire of Risun has a SHREWD RULER.
    Risun has a TRADE NETWORK
    Risun launches a series of piratical raids on Andwoidia's coastal cities, capturing many and razing the rest.
    Queendom of Frank sells fliers and shockamancers to Risun for a large MERCENARY PAYMENT.

    Daemonwelsh
    Side: Dominaria
    Ruler: Urza
    Dominaria has a POWERFUL MILITIA
    Dominaria has LOYAL MINERS
    Dominaria has SKILLED MINERS
    Dominaria's capital, Urza's tower, is built DEEP UNDERGROUND
    Dominaria has NUMEROUS MINERS
    Dominaria has begun an EARTHAMANCY BATTERY
    Dominaria has a set of POWERFUL ARTIFACTS: the EARTHAMANCY BATTERY, a powerplant powered by PURE URZA, and a massive EARTHAMANCY TOWER



    Ok, so I'm making some changes to the "Yes, and..." argument.
    From now on, a Yes, and... can only relate to the nations invovled in the original argument, and the original action.
    So player A says "A attacks B and wins".
    Another player can only m ake a Yes, and... that relates to A & B (not C or D). So:
    "Yes, A attacks B and wins, AND A's army has great morale" FINE.
    "Yes, A attacks B and wins, AND C gets a brand new bicycle" NOT FINE.

    Otherwise, what's to stop us saying "A attacks B and wins AND C wins the entire game."

    Some not so great rolling this round. 48 hours starts now (which makes it late night Wednesday for me to process again).

    Cheers

    _________________
    Erfworld Empires X Version 3

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:59 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:59 pm
    Posts: 26
    Would the reputation not be "legendary" after the 'and' argument given that routed the Weathertoffs?

    Regardless.

    The Queendom of Frank accumulates a TREMENDOUS ECONOMY

    1: The Queendom of Frank has a HIGH (Legendary?) REPUTATION FOR MERCENARY WORK
    2: The Queendom of Frank is MINERAL RICH
    3: The Queendom of Frank recently received a LARGE MERCENARY PAYMENT

    _________________
    "Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realise how little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:42 am 
    User avatar
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:47 am
    Posts: 1126
    WLM: zilfallon@hotmail.com
    Location: Magic Kingdom
    Oh well, Sovereign decided that the Army of the Dead can't just watch the battle.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Side: Gerardion
    Ruler: Sovereign

    Gerardion possesses a STRONG GROUND-FORCE.
    Gerardion has a POWERFUL CROAKAMANCER.
    Gerardion's capital, Castle Gerardion, is HEAVILY FORTIFIED.
    Castle Gerardion has GEM MINES.
    Gerardion has a POWERFUL LOOKAMANCER.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gerardion creates an UNCROAKED ARMY.

    1. Gerardion has a POWERFUL LOOKAMANCER. (to locate humanoid barbarians to uncroak)
    2. Gerardion has a STRONG GROUND-FORCE. (to croak barbarians)
    3. Gerardion has a POWERFUL CROAKAMANCER. (to uncroak barbarians)

    _________________
    JadedDragoon wrote:
    I was hoping we could debate the meaning of "agent" in the the Declaration of Non-Aggression again. It totally hasn't been argued to death already.

    You know... at this point you boops aren't beating dead horses any more. You're making glue.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:35 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:40 pm
    Posts: 808
    @Shusagi - Yes, perhaps, but I have some housekeeping to take care of first:

    The Commonwealth of Escotia defeats the Weather Toffs' flying incursion force in battle:

    1) Escotia has just hired a FRANKISH MERCENARY FORCE.
    2) Escotia has a DISCIPLINED ARMY providing ground support.
    3) Escotia has BRILLIANT CASTERS who will launch the POWERFUL Ordos ANTIPERSONNEL MINES at the Weather Toffs.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:54 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
    Posts: 750
    Location: Probably totally lost.
    Okay, those NATURAL ALLIES don't seem to be all that unreliable, but time to use that anyhow...

    Funded by Risun, Andwoidia's NATURAL ALLIES turn on them, demolishing Andwoidia's remaining peripheral cities and threatening the empire's core.
    1) Andwoidia's NATURAL ALLIES are UNRELIABLE ALLIES.
    2) Risun has a TRADE NETWORK allowing such payments.
    3) Risun's VALUABLE PORTS generate enough income to provide for the attack.

    _________________
    "The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:21 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:50 pm
    Posts: 584
    WaterMonkey314 wrote:
    @Shusagi - Yes, perhaps, but I have some housekeeping to take care of first:

    The Commonwealth of Escotia defeats the Weather Toffs' flying incursion force in battle:

    1) Escotia has just hired a FRANKISH MERCENARY FORCE.
    2) Escotia has a DISCIPLINED ARMY providing ground support.
    3) Escotia has BRILLIANT CASTERS who will launch the POWERFUL Ordos ANTIPERSONNEL MINES at the Weather Toffs.


    No, actually the ESCORTIAN counter attack fails with the ANTIPERSONNEL MINES damaging their own forces.

    1) The Weathertoffs have a large force of POWERFUL FLYERS.
    2) The Weathertoffs have an EXPERT PREDICTAMANCER to warn them of the impending attack.
    3) ANTI-PERSONNEL MINES are complicated magic items produced by a different nation and not suitable to use as anti-aircraft ammo.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:17 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:30 am
    Posts: 78
    Well then Arkadia will join in the fray.
    Side Arkadia
    Ruler The Munchking
    Capital The Arcade

    The Munchking is a BRILLIANT TACTICIAN
    Arkadia has a LARGE FLEET
    The Arcade is a GRAND CITY (level 5 with a lot of income)
    Arkadia is a FLOURISHING CITY-STATE
    Arkadia has a MASTER-CLASS FOOLAMANCER

    Action
    Arkadia hides its city from all sides.
    Reasons
    The Munchking is a BRILLIANT TACTICIAN (understanding the need, and logistics required for hiding a city)
    Arkadia is a FLOURISHING CITY-STATE (thus small enough to be veiled by one foolamancer)
    Arkadia has a MASTER-CLASS FOOLAMANCER (able to hide even the largest most bustling city)

    _________________
    Join us in the Battle for New Erf

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:56 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 pm
    Posts: 104
    Nihila wrote:
    Okay, those NATURAL ALLIES don't seem to be all that unreliable, but time to use that anyhow...

    Funded by Risun, Andwoidia's NATURAL ALLIES turn on them, demolishing Andwoidia's remaining peripheral cities and threatening the empire's core.
    1) Andwoidia's NATURAL ALLIES are UNRELIABLE ALLIES.
    2) Risun has a TRADE NETWORK allowing such payments.
    3) Risun's VALUABLE PORTS generate enough income to provide for the attack.


    (Just an FYI to everybody, if you use a reason that isn't currently in the game (Andwoidia's NATURAL ALLIES would only be UNRELIABLE ALLIES if the argument causing that succeeded, but it didn't. So they're not) it'll cause a weaker argument. As reasonable as the reason SOUNDS, it's just as effective as me saying "Andwoidia accumulates many gems because they have a POWERFUL DIRTAMANCER". Yes, the reason makes the argument make sense, but Andwoidia DOESN't have a dirtamancer, at least not as one of its stated things.

    Not trying to be a douche or shoot down Nihila's argument, I've just noticed a lot of people making up reasons that don't already exist and I've been seeing their arguments penalized for it. I do fully expect Nihila to improve his argument if he agrees with what I'm saying.. I mean, the point of the game is to have fun, right?)

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:53 pm 
    User avatar
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am
    Posts: 3447
    Hi, 've been a bit busy the past two days, so I have to rush an argument.

    Anyway, welcome to the new players and a

    No, actually at thetobias' argument :P:

    "No, actually Arcadia joins Risun's trade network":

    1. Both Risun and Ordos have SHREWD/CUNNING LEADERS.
    2. Arcadia has a LARGE FLEET that can be used for transport and trade between Risun's ports.
    3. Arcadia's FLOURISHING ECONOMY does not allow it to bubble up, lest it face stagnation.

    _________________
    The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:09 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 pm
    Posts: 104
    Arcadia is actually a city state within Andwoidia
    1) Arcadia is a FLOURISIHING CITY STATE (thus small enough to be part of another nation)
    2) Arcadia has a MASTER-CLASS FOOLAMANCER (who is actually Andwoidia's EXPERIENCED FOOLAMANCER)
    3) The Munchking is a BRILLIANT TACTICIAN (and thus has been given his own city state to control)

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:18 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:01 am
    Posts: 282
    Dominaria having spent the previous time incognito, begins mass producing POWERFUL GOLEMS

    1) dominaria has a POWERFUL EARTHAMANCY battery.
    2) Dominaria has POWERFUL EARTHAMANCY artifacts.
    3) dominaria understands the power of EARTHEN GOLEMS in an underground enviornment.


    Also... I will be returning from colorado... sorry I was absent.
    Alliances... with the two powerful nations whom are the target of many assaults... would be entirely acceptable.

    In fact... if any nation recognizes the power of the tech advanced swarm rush... an alliance would be welcome.


    Last edited by Daemonwelsh on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:05 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:40 pm
    Posts: 808
    Sihoiba wrote:
    WaterMonkey314 wrote:
    @Shusagi - Yes, perhaps, but I have some housekeeping to take care of first:

    The Commonwealth of Escotia defeats the Weather Toffs' flying incursion force in battle:

    1) Escotia has just hired a FRANKISH MERCENARY FORCE.
    2) Escotia has a DISCIPLINED ARMY providing ground support.
    3) Escotia has BRILLIANT CASTERS who will launch the POWERFUL Ordos ANTIPERSONNEL MINES at the Weather Toffs.


    No, actually the ESCORTIAN counter attack fails with the ANTIPERSONNEL MINES damaging their own forces.

    1) The Weathertoffs have a large force of POWERFUL FLYERS.
    2) The Weathertoffs have an EXPERT PREDICTAMANCER to warn them of the impending attack.
    3) ANTI-PERSONNEL MINES are complicated magic items produced by a different nation and not suitable to use as anti-aircraft ammo.


    I don't know what counterattack you're talking about - who are these "Escortians"? :P

    With all seriousness, though, I realize that I've been referring to the toffs incorrectly and will henceforth strive to name them correctly.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ] 

    Board index » Your Things » Your Games


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: