Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:49 pm 
Offline
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
Posts: 750
Location: Probably totally lost.
Is this the fastest growing thread in this forum? I think it is.

Congratulations, Siralus, you've unleashed a monster of a thread into the world!

And, Az, will we get to see the Golmon Empire at its finest? :) I hope so, it'd be nice to see Lokarat again.

Edit: Az, 6 pages? By commenting on this, I made it even longer! :lol:

_________________
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:55 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:54 pm
    Posts: 98
    WLM: lakey100@live.co.uk
    Location: London, U.K
    I live to serve.

    And bump myself regularly enough.

    And to serve.

    (AND FOR INTERNET FAME!)

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:09 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 11:51 am
    Posts: 682
    AOL: maxusbrimstone
    This is indeed fast growing.

    Like my Treasury!

    I make about 1500 a turn and upkeep is less than half that. Once I get a couple more mining cities up, I'll be banking! And the firt side I runinto might find my fat purses sounding nice if they choose to join forces with me. :twisted:

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:23 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
    Posts: 750
    Location: Probably totally lost.
    Crovius wrote:
    This is indeed fast growing.

    Like my Treasury!

    I make about 1500 a turn and upkeep is less than half that. Once I get a couple more mining cities up, I'll be banking! And the firt side I runinto might find my fat purses sounding nice if they choose to join forces with me. :twisted:
    You wouldn't happen to need a large, fanatically devoted navy, now, would you?
    Risun's assassination fees are nominal. (Or, well, not at all, Sea Assassins are expensive, but why let reality get in the way of messing with quotes?)

    Edit: Siralus, what turn is everyone on?

    _________________
    "The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:06 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 11:51 am
    Posts: 682
    AOL: maxusbrimstone
    I just finished my 2nd turn.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:12 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:35 am
    Posts: 288
    And my side. :)

    Golmon.
    Barbarian State
    Prefer to start in/next to Plains

    Basic Units:
    a) Citizen Warriors: Move 3, Hits 7, Attack 6, Defense 5, Long Range (14), Garrison (0) Weapon Type: sword (This unit cost 98, and has 15 upkeep)
    b) Warrior sapper: Move 4, Hits 5, Attack 7, Defense 4, Siege (12), Rider (10), Weapon Type: Mace (This unit cost 100, and has 30 upkeep)
    c) Battle Hawk: Move 11, Hits 4, Attack 2, Defense 1, Scout, Mountain affinity (This unit cost 100, and has 30 upkeep)
    “These Hawks fly low to scout terrain for any dangers. They therefore have not the flyer trait.”

    Special Units:

    a) Steppe Horse: Move 9, Hits 7, Attack 5, Defense 5, Mount (6), (This unit cost 116, has 45 upkeep)
    b) Golmon Knight-Archers: Move 5, Hits 7, Attack 7, Defense 3, Rider, Long Range, Plains Affinity, Polearms (This unit cost 120, has 45 upkeep)
    c) Warrior Saints: Move 4, Hits 5, Attack 7 (8), Defense 2, Rider, Ethereal, Magic Damage, Fearless, Arcane (Consume) (148) Weapon Type: Polearm (This unit cost 148, has 60 upkeep)
    “These warrior saints are believed to be the returned spirits of fallen Golmon knights. It is because of these warriors and their mounts that the Golmon are so ultimately feared in combat.”
    d) Ghost Dwagon: Move 9, Hits 6 , Attack 7 (8), Defense 3, Flying, Mount, Frightening, Ethreal, Magic Damage (This unit cost 177, has 75 upkeep)

    Naval Units:

    a) Kraken: Move 7, Hits 7, Attack 6, Defense 4, Vessel, Mount (This unit cost 96, and has 30 upkeep)
    b) War Galley: Move 6, Hits 9, Attack 2, Defense 4, Vessel, Transport, Armoured (This unit cost 97, and has 30 upkeep)

    Question, if I, at a later time, wish to become a Royal faction, how do I do that? Since you need a royal warlord to become monarch but you cant create any :P.

    Any way, Golmons are barbarians at start. Doesn't mean someone cant call himself Prince now can he?


    Last edited by Azgrut on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:26 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
    Posts: 750
    Location: Probably totally lost.
    Siralus, can non-Ethereal units use Ethereal units as mounts? That makes very little sense.

    _________________
    "The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:30 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:35 am
    Posts: 288
    I dunno if non eth's can use Eth's as mount but luckely I have Saints for that :).

    And about the other thing, that was just a copy paste failure. :p

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:35 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
    Posts: 750
    Location: Probably totally lost.
    Yeah, I removed it after your edit. Let's let everyone wonder what we're talking about now. :P

    Yeah, those Ethereal units could get annoying. Especially since my only Magic Damage units are melee. Oh well, those units aren't ranged, so they have to come into close range anyways.

    Nice side you've got there, Azgrut, but... why do your Golmon Knights have Plains Affinity? It's redundant, and Desert Affinity would work just as well with a Mongol Empire themed side.

    _________________
    "The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:46 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:35 am
    Posts: 288
    Well, since they would be capable of batteling better in plains. But it is rather pointless in the end... But so is desert capable since they will probably be mounted and thus use the movement of the horses...

    I'll think about it and probably change it.

    Gz!

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:28 am 
    User avatar
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 am
    Posts: 1040
    WLM: zilfallon@hotmail.com
    Location: Magic Kingdom
    well crovius, i'll be happy to join forces with you, with your money, i can even get a stack of skeletal dwagons + knights, and then we'd be unstoppable

    _________________
    JadedDragoon wrote:
    I was hoping we could debate the meaning of "agent" in the the Declaration of Non-Aggression again. It totally hasn't been argued to death already.

    You know... at this point you boops aren't beating dead horses any more. You're making glue.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:20 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
    Posts: 750
    Location: Probably totally lost.
    zilfallon wrote:
    well crovius, i'll be happy to join forces with you, with your money, i can even get a stack of skeletal dwagons + knights, and then we'd be unstoppable
    Until you hit water, comrade. Until you hit water. In fact, a high-level Elementalism caster could slice a full stack of skeletal dwagons out of the sky, then let the Dwead Knights fall a few hundred feet. But no one would ever build an Elementalism caster, of course. So you'd just have to worry about raiding Sea Assassins, 20-foot long snakelike Glacier Dwagons, fanatical Aimursas, and slow-moving but hard-hitting Ventae Elementalum.
    Azgrut wrote:
    Well, since they would be capable of batteling better in plains. But it is rather pointless in the end... But so is desert capable since they will probably be mounted and thus use the movement of the horses...
    Only defensively, and they don't look very suited for a defensive fight--the Polearms lower their attack by one on defense at close range, and they have low defense already. Though, IDK, that might encourage you to keep Plains Affinity. :)

    On a mostly unrelated side note, I started a Mongol Conquests scenario game in Civ. 4. I've already overrun three-fourths of China, and I've taken no prisoners, cities, etc.--that's why razing and pillaging were invented. Now, I'll let people vote: Would they rather me attack Kazakhstan, Korea, or the last part of China next?

    The success in that game will remind me to take Azgrut's (and, for that matter, everyone else's) sides very seriously. But especially Azgrut's.

    _________________
    "The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:31 am 
    User avatar
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 am
    Posts: 1040
    WLM: zilfallon@hotmail.com
    Location: Magic Kingdom
    Nihila wrote:
    zilfallon wrote:
    well crovius, i'll be happy to join forces with you, with your money, i can even get a stack of skeletal dwagons + knights, and then we'd be unstoppable
    Until you hit water, comrade. Until you hit water. In fact, a high-level Elementalism caster could slice a full stack of skeletal dwagons out of the sky, then let the Dwead Knights fall a few hundred feet. But no one would ever build an Elementalism caster, of course. So you'd just have to worry about raiding Sea Assassins, 20-foot long snakelike Glacier Dwagons, fanatical Aimursas, and slow-moving but hard-hitting Ventae Elementalum.


    Comrade, why the violence between us, who follow same idea and share similliar goals? Together, you will rule the seas, and the in-land will be dominated by the army of the dead. I'll even give your croaked troops free graves(though i can't guarantee that they'll stay there for long) :D

    _________________
    JadedDragoon wrote:
    I was hoping we could debate the meaning of "agent" in the the Declaration of Non-Aggression again. It totally hasn't been argued to death already.

    You know... at this point you boops aren't beating dead horses any more. You're making glue.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:38 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
    Posts: 750
    Location: Probably totally lost.
    zilfallon wrote:
    Comrade, why the violence between us, who follow same idea and share similliar goals? Together, you will rule the seas, and the in-land will be dominated by the army of the dead. I'll even give your croaked troops free graves(though i can't guarantee that they'll stay there for long)
    Of course, at a later date, the exact distribution of the world can be determined, perhaps after we eliminate the NPC states, the rest of us can join together in a great Congress of PC Nations, and carve up the world. :) But, you know, long-term planning. Don't put the Aquatic Siege Engine before the Sea Horse, the Prophet-Emperor always says.

    _________________
    "The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:43 am 
    User avatar
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 am
    Posts: 1040
    WLM: zilfallon@hotmail.com
    Location: Magic Kingdom
    Nihila wrote:
    zilfallon wrote:
    Comrade, why the violence between us, who follow same idea and share similliar goals? Together, you will rule the seas, and the in-land will be dominated by the army of the dead. I'll even give your croaked troops free graves(though i can't guarantee that they'll stay there for long)
    Of course, at a later date, the exact distribution of the world can be determined, perhaps after we eliminate the NPC states, the rest of us can join together in a great Congress of PC Nations, and carve up the world. :) But, you know, long-term planning. Don't put the Aquatic Siege Engine before the Sea Horse, the Prophet-Emperor always says.


    Your empire has a nice proverb. Maybe it is because you're a theocracy, you know, signamancy or such may have caused this. Mine is totally a monarchy, because only the royals are "alive" maybe. It would be pointless to be a republic without any "citizens".

    _________________
    JadedDragoon wrote:
    I was hoping we could debate the meaning of "agent" in the the Declaration of Non-Aggression again. It totally hasn't been argued to death already.

    You know... at this point you boops aren't beating dead horses any more. You're making glue.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:40 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
    Posts: 750
    Location: Probably totally lost.
    Yes, proverbs are why we keep the Emperor around. That and the elemental magic.

    Siralus, I have another question:
    Do Cordonnia's Dwarf Mon'kes have Mt. Affinity? It doesn't say that they do on their character sheet.

    (And an old one, so it doesn't get lost)
    Can non-Ethereals use Ethereals as mounts?

    _________________
    "The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:42 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:54 pm
    Posts: 98
    WLM: lakey100@live.co.uk
    Location: London, U.K
    Nihila wrote:
    Yes, proverbs are why we keep the Emperor around. That and the elemental magic.

    Siralus, I have another question:
    Do Cordonnia's Dwarf Mon'kes have Mt. Affinity? It doesn't say that they do on their character sheet.

    (And an old one, so it doesn't get lost)
    Can non-Ethereals use Ethereals as mounts?


    They don't, no. The Cordonn player would also like to point out that amongst his people, Mon'Ke is a grave insult, and the name given to the dwarven auxiliaries is an enormous in-joke amongst the Cordonns.



    And Az, you can become a royal nation by having your faction ruler die, going through the turn of anarchy, and nominating your new monarch out of your warlords. He'll become a royal warlord of the same level.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:50 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
    Posts: 750
    Location: Probably totally lost.
    And what about the Ethereal question?

    _________________
    "The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:35 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:54 pm
    Posts: 98
    WLM: lakey100@live.co.uk
    Location: London, U.K
    Nihila wrote:
    And what about the Ethereal question?


    Its a common sense issue than a rules one, but yeah. I'll put it in. It would be a bit fishy to have physicals riding ghosts.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:09 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:54 pm
    Posts: 98
    WLM: lakey100@live.co.uk
    Location: London, U.K
    The last faction has entered the fray!

    (The other rl friend, who is back from holiday)

    The Mesmerism Theocracy of Fenlundor

    Basic Units:
    a) Sentinel: Move 7; Hits 4; Attack 6; Defense 3; upkeep 30, Ranged, Heavy Forest affinity, swords
    b) Branchwalker: Move 6; Hits 6; Attack 6; Defense 4; upkeep 30, Heavy Forest affinity, Swords
    c) Glade Mares: Move 10, Hits 7, Attack 2, Defense 2; upkeep 30, Mount, Heavy Forest affinity, maces

    Special Units:
    a) Silverbranch Warden: Move 3, Hits 6, Attack 8(9), Defense 3, Magical Damage, long ranged, rider, polearms, upkeep 45
    b) Storm Eagle: Move 10; Hits 7(8); Attack 2(3); Defense 3; Mount; Flying, Heavy, upkeep 45.
    c) Ancestor Guardian: Move 6; Hits 8; Attack 7(8); Defense 4; Ethereal, Magical Damage, swords, upkeep 60.
    d) Stalker: Move 6, Hits 9, Attack 7(11), Defense 5, Heavy Forest affinity, Maces, Lightning Breath, Siege, Fearsome, 75 upkeep

    Naval Units:
    a) Sloop: Move 9, Hits 6, Attack 6, Defense 3, Vessel
    b) Ferry: Move 6, Hits 12, Attack 0, Defense 2, Vessel, Transport


    No more factions now, please. 6 is plenty to fill the map, and my time.


    Last edited by Siralus on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ] 

    Board index » Your Things » Your Games


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Atrius Night, kyleraymond, wiz and 2 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: