Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games

Post subject: Re: Another Erf-Game
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Units with Simple Mancies are able to cast any spell of that school of magick. They're limited, however, to only 20 juice. Only Special Units D can have high-level specials like Breath Weapons, Very Fast and Simple Mancies. Special Units C can have up to "complex" specials, but not high-level ones.

I read my readers!
A Tale of Destruction by zilfallon

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:43 pm 
    Fixed up my units.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:32 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Lefish wrote:
    Units with Simple Mancies are able to cast any spell of that school of magick. They're limited, however, to only 20 juice. Only Special Units D can have high-level specials like Breath Weapons, Very Fast and Simple Mancies. Special Units C can have up to "complex" specials, but not high-level ones.

Summed up quite nicely - thank you Lefish :)

"When life gives you crap, make Crap Golems, right?"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:20 pm 
    And +5 juice every time they level up, don't forget.

So who are waiting for to start the game?

<INSERT_WITTY_COMMENT_HERE>

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:06 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Sinrus wrote:
    And +5 juice every time they level up, don't forget.

So who are waiting for to start the game?

Umm..... no. No extra Juice from levelling for non-casters. Make sure you read the rules. ;)

Also, everyone is starting as soon as they can and their respective GM says they're ready. We'll get everyone to about turn 33-35 and then wait until you're all at the same spot to continue.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:02 pm 
    We have at least three players on Turn 33.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:04 pm 
    AOL: maxusbrimstone
    Oh wait, I'm on turn 34 from the other game... I haven't started this game. My bad.

Also, no one ever reviewed my sidea nd actualyl said it was ok. should I update to include all potential units?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:00 pm 
    Are you one of the players on Google Wave, Crovius?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:12 pm 
    Yeah, but I haven't been able to get my google wave account started since most of the time that I am on this site is when I'm at work, and I can't accss google wave while at work.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:53 pm 
    Crovius wrote:
    Yeah, but I haven't been able to get my google wave account started since most of the time that I am on this site is when I'm at work, and I can't accss google wave while at work.

Crovius, I don't recall ever seeing any units for your side, beyond a vague concept. If you post or PM me detailed info, I can try to approve it ASAP.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:26 pm 
    Side Name: Wonderland
    Ruler/Overlord Name: Alice
    Type of starting hex preferred: Forest
    Starting Units: Scout(without flying), Special A and Special B
    Colors: Red and white
    Insignia: A Deck of cards, the top card has an A in the corners and the center picture is a Chessire smile.

RedCard: Stabber Class Infantry, HP 6, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 4, upkeep 30

WhitePawn: Piker Class Infantry, HP 8, Attack 3, Defense 4, Move 3 Pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 20 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 30.

Roses: Archer Class Infantry, (HP 6, Attack 6, Defense 1, Move 3, Special-Archery) Pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 30 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 40.

Dodo: Scout-Class unit, HP 4, Attack 1, Defense 1, Move 6, Special-Scout(8), 30 upkeep

Carpenter: Special-Class A Unit, HP 6, Attack 3, Defense 6, Move 4, Special- Builder, 40-50 upkeep

Walrus: Special-Class B Unit, HP 9, Attack 5, Defense 3, Move 3, Special- Siege, 40-50 upkeep

Caterpillar: Special-Class C Unit, HP 18, Attack 7, Defense 4, Move 4, Special- Heavy and Mount, 70-80 upkeep

Jabberwock: Special-Class D Unit, HP 24, Attack 12, Defense 8, Move 20, Special- Siege, Frightening and Fast, 200-300 Upkeep

Mad Hatter: Knight-Class Unit, HP 13, Attack 10, Defense 13, Move 6, Special- Rider and Fast, 120 Upkeep

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:07 pm 
    Crovius -

I've got my co-GM taking a look at your side as I type, but she'd like to be able to be in touch with you ASAP so you can get started sooner rather than later. Are you on Wave?

EDIT: Also, your C-type units are a little bit overpowered.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:17 am 
    Dark Arbiter wrote:
    Crovius -

I've got my co-GM taking a look at your side as I type, but she'd like to be able to be in touch with you ASAP so you can get started sooner rather than later. Are you on Wave?

How? I thought I did the math right... I know 6 points of HP are from being Heavy. Also I haven't gotten on wave, and cannot access it from work. Unless your other gm is ok with texting my cell phone numbe,r which I a willing to give, there's not a lot I can do until I get home tonight.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:25 pm 
    Crovius wrote:
    Dark Arbiter wrote:
    Crovius -

How? I thought I did the math right... I know 6 points of HP are from being Heavy. Also I haven't gotten on wave, and cannot access it from work. Unless your other gm is ok with texting my cell phone numbe,r which I a willing to give, there's not a lot I can do until I get home tonight.

Okay. Did not take Heavy into account there - my bad. C's are fine. On the other hand, your D's are 4 points below max. I'll assume that was intentional to lower upkeep unless you say otherwise. My Wave email is colcarmody@gmail.com. Add me when you can and we'll hopefully be able to get you started tonight.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:03 pm 
    Yeah, since they have 3 specials, I wanted to see if dropping 4 points could make them closer to 200 upkeep. But if they don't get cheaper than 240 I'll throw the 4 points into Attack, just to make them beastly. (I mean, it's the friggin Jabberwock!)

I look forward to this evening.

And just curious, how's my theme look to you? It took em a bit to work with the Alice in Wonderland to amke the units' stats emulate the character the unit is based on.

So far all my erfworld sides have been based on in order:
    World of Darkness in general for the first Erfworld Game
    Prometheans from the new World of Darkness for Kaed's game
    Overlord 1&2 witha bit of personal change for Ehbobo's Erfgame
    And Alice in wonderland (both the books, the creepy video game, and the newest Live Action movie)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:14 pm 
    Crovius wrote:
    Yeah, since they have 3 specials, I wanted to see if dropping 4 points could make them closer to 200 upkeep. But if they don't get cheaper than 240 I'll throw the 4 points into Attack, just to make them beastly. (I mean, it's the friggin Jabberwock!)

I look forward to this evening.

And just curious, how's my theme look to you? It took em a bit to work with the Alice in Wonderland to make the units' stats emulate the character the unit is based on.

So far all my erfworld sides have been based on in order:
    World of Darkness in general for the first Erfworld Game
    Prometheans from the new World of Darkness for Kaed's game
    Overlord 1&2 witha bit of personal change for Ehbobo's Erfgame
    And Alice in wonderland (both the books, the creepy video game, and the newest Live Action movie)

It's looking like we're going to charge 275 upkeep on the Jabberwocks as they are now (it can go all the way up to 350) - although I would recommend giving them SOME high-level special. :)

Also, I'm a very big fan of your theme, as is Amelie (my co-GM).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:24 pm 
    By the creepy video game, do you mean Alice is Dead? Because that is seriously F*cked up.

And how dare you not make a Cheshire cat unit?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:37 pm 
    Ehbobo wrote:
    By the creepy video game, do you mean Alice is Dead? Because that is seriously F*cked up.

And how dare you not make a Cheshire cat unit?

My bet is that he'll be a Warlord. Or, say, a Foolamancer. :mrgreen:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:57 pm 
    Deff gonna have a Foolamancer or at least Warlord named Chesire.

Also is Flight "High level"? If so I'll just go with that. Jabberwock is like a terrifying dragon-like beast who rips lesser units and cities apart.

And I'm talking American McGee's Alice. Yeah...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:07 am 
    Crovius wrote:
    Deff gonna have a Foolamancer or at least Warlord named Chesire.

Also is Flight "High level"? If so I'll just go with that. Jabberwock is like a terrifying dragon-like beast who rips lesser units and cities apart.

And I'm talking American McGee's Alice. Yeah...

Flight is a complex special. Costs 2 points for a D unit.

Also, can you please get on Wave and get in touch with me? Wanna get you going ASAP.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Your Games