Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Website Things » Suggestions/Requests

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:50 pm 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
I think that is a good idea. One problem is that I don't think that Paypal supports variable monthly payments.

What would be needed is something like a direct debit, where you authorise them to take between $3 and $13 dollars (assuming they post 10 comics in that month), and you let them decide how much they take.

Another option is that they post extra comics based on a donations bar. They could post 1 comic per week and extra ones everytime the comic hit the target.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:14 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Seerow wrote:
    To be honest I don't care much for paypal anyway. If I knew of any alternative online payment processor's I'd suggest them, but as I don't... *shrug*

A quick Google showed this, not sure how hard it is to implement (or if it is appropriate), but seems to allow recharging of the same CC with variable amounts.

I see your point about creating the right incentives, without creating an expectation :).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:06 pm 
    maybe a version of what pete abrams is doing over at sluggy freelance would be possible?
    in case you're not a defender of the nifty: it's a yearly payment and automated reminder mails...
    maybe 6 months would be okay?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Website Things » Suggestions/Requests