Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Other People's Things » Internet and Webcomics

Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:01 pm 
This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
Le Sigh, CTRL ALT DEL (Players addition), Erfworld, Girl Genius, Questionable Content, Order of the Stick, and MS Paint Masterpieces. So many comics and I've read them all the way through. I have to wait days for new updates for some or weeks and months for others (MS Paint Masterpieces rarely updates). A lot of people hated the Ethan storyline of CTRL ALT DEL, but I've always liked the Players and now they have their own storyline. So many questions I have about the stories and very few answers are forthcoming. In just 3, 4, or 5 days, I have read the entirety of the Girl Genius online Webcomic, but I hear their are books about it. I haven't read the reboot of the CTRL ALT DEL storyline. Maybe I can use that to pass the time. Does anyone have any suggestions for good story driven webcomics?

Old Cyborg pony pic:
Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:11 am 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    In some webcomics forums/comments section to recommend other webcomics is generally frowned upon, on the basis that it has the potential to make a reader move his patronage elsewhere.

I'll just mention those recommended by Rob himself in two of those little boxes on Erfworld's main page. You may need to refresh it, they appear randomly:

"Other good Fantasy/Gaming Story Comics"

The Order of the Stick
    Guilded Age
    Goblins
    Gunnerkrigg Court
    Girl Genius

"Webcomics I Never Miss"

Non-Adventures of Wonderella
    Oglaf (nsfw)
    Basic Instructions
    The Order of the Stick
    The Devil's Panties
    XKCD
    Diesel Sweeties
    The System

Of these, GA, Goblins and GC are story-driven, and you already know OotS and GG. NAoW, Oglaf and XKCD are comic strips. The rest I don't know.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:52 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    It is unlikely that I would ever remove my current patronage, but thank you for the concern. I appreciate the honest answer though.

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:39 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I would recommend Grandline 3.5, Friendship is Dragons, and Darths and Droids.

My blog

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:20 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    A few I love that don't seem to get regular mention:

Digger by Ursula Vernon. It finished a couple of years ago (and then promptly nabbed a Hugo) but the whole thing is still available online as well as in dead tree format. The heroine is an anthropomorphic wombat. There are artistic hyenas, warrior priests, sleepy trolls, psychic slugs, a demon or two, and too many gods.

The Last Halloween by Abby Howard. One little girl against seven billion monsters. Features a ghoul, a creepy doll, a were-opossum named Banjo and the world's most annoying vampire. If you like your humor macabre and bloody, this is for you. Book Two has only just started (out of what I'm guessing will be three), so if you're binge-reading it be prepared to run into the ongoing story there, and it's only a weekly update at best, but at least there's one full book to enjoy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Other People's Things » Internet and Webcomics