Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Other People's Things » Internet and Webcomics

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:45 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
I don't see a thread for this already, so, umm, anyone read fanfictions? Got any recommendations?

I like Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, and this one about the Terminator.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:53 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Some FanFics deserve followup fanfics:
    Significant Digits (followup to HP:MoR): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11174940/1 ... ant-Digits

And then ... My Little Ponies play Homestuck (cancelled about 2/3rds through the initial act, but the whole plot summary was posted, so you can at least get the story): http://mspfanventures.com/?s=484&p=1

And then, there's Harry Potter and the Natural 20. Summary: The Death Eaters accidentally summon a D&D wizard character: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8096183/

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:52 pm 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    My Immortal. The fanfiction to end all fanfiction.

Read it and you will not be wanting for more.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:00 pm 
    Cheers for the MoR sequel. That'll be a good read.

There's a few that I enjoyed

* The Two Year Emperor - Published on Amazon now, which required him to take down the free version. Main character is practically Parson but pulled into D&D 3.5 instead of Erfworld. The end got a little weird for me.

* Harry Potter and Futures Past - A time travel story that explores a few interesting theories, the biggest of which that Harry and Hermione were tricked into marrying their partners

* Harry Crow - Harry was raised by goblins. Lots of Mary Sue-ism, but still got interesting ideas.

* Backward with Purpose - A Harry Potter one where the timeline we know isn't how it happened the first time. Multiple time streams.

I'm sure there are more, I just can't think of them right now.

Express your opinion on balance in Erfworld

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:38 pm 
    One that I love but forgot to add

* Pokemon: The Origin of Species; In a variation of the Pokemon Universe, follow three protaganists as they work towards their dreams; Blue, who wants to be Champion, Red, who wants to be a professor and Leaf, who wants to be a journalists.

I'm guessing they didn't call the girl Green because in the manga Blue is the girl who flies around on a jigglypuff and Green is basically Gary Oak.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:27 am 
    Man, the Methods of Rationality had some of the best OCs... with Draco, Quirrel, and Fred and George.... Look I've neither read the books, nor watched any move past the second one (and I only watched those two when it was in the cinemas)... so they're original to me, ok?

A fan-fiction that I find hard to recommend, not because it is dead or incomplete (although it is boath) but because it has been lost to the ether, is The Black Company In Equestria, by UnderscoreWV.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20150107155 ... -equestria

The Black Company in Equestria, was so good of a fanfic that it managed to exist for four whole chapters (out of 9) without introducing a single talking horse, whilst being on a website devoted to My Little Pony fiction. A cross-over fanfic of lesser-stature would have never been able to be greenlighted.
    It also had a location-name worthy of Erfworld. I mean Windsoar Castle is just topnotch.

Although it's listed as incomplete, I like to imagine the Analyst died during Chapter 8, The Storm, leaving him unable to write the ending.

UnderscoreWV also did an ASOIAF cross over with The Black Company called "Welcome to the Menagerie". It's not as long, it's just as incomplete, but atleast it is readable. (What am I doing recomending incomplete fics?) I'm just pointing this out since it's a little known fact that this one person did two Black Company cross over fics on two seperate sites.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/r/10598910/

Anyways, if I were to recommend a Fan Fic that is good, and complete it'd be The Black Company in Middle Earth (which even has its own TVtropes page). In those days, the Black Company was in service to the Eye of Barud-dur... https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6668903/1/ ... ddle-Earth

None of these fics require reading of the Black Company to read them (although the first one does require a Time Machine). But the MCJunker one is pure gold, just read the first paragraph:
    Quote:
    In those days the Company was in service to the Eye of Barad-dur, the Dark Lord of Mordor. I'll never understand why these raving sorcerous overlord types give themselves names like "Bloodfang the Foul," or "Lord Slaughter," or whatever. It can't possibly earn them universal acceptance. If I was an emperor, I would call myself "Lord Galadel the Kind," or something like that. No one could object to being ruled by somone named that. Then I could rule my conquests with an iron fist and no one would revolt. Think about it- would you rebel against someone named "Galadel the Kind"? You'd feel ridiculous.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:34 pm 
    Who or what is The Black Company?

(google ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Company)

EDIT: ACK, Wayback does not have any of the 8 story pages, just the index of them. Does anyone have this story somewhere?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:51 pm 
    I did say you needed a Time Machine. Wayback won't suffice :lol: ... I think I may have a few of the pages saved onto my MacBook's hard-drive... which has a missing charger... and a non-functioning mousepad... and I previously disabled the search function inorder to skimp on memory.

And even if I did have it still on my hardrive and accessible, I don't think I'd have any of the chapters past 4. Concidering that it was in between December of 2012 and January of 2013 when I started to download them... Not because of Nostradamus, but because I was in Queensland for the holidays.
    If I were to find what remains of it on my laptop... it'd be a moonshot.

Edit: I'm not sure if I'm really supposed to answer your question, given your googling skills.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:47 pm 
    My googling skills? I roll a 4 far too often, and get tons of stuff not quite related to what I'm looking for.

Why is it that future searches on TV shows only get a small number of hits, and all are relevant?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:13 am 
    Bought a charger, computer can turn on. Fixed Spotlight... searched for "Black Company" Yields a bunch of audiobooks. Search for "Equestria", unable to find.

Did say it was a moonshot that I'd have it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:41 am 
    You could always try googling for it by content. Any particularly memorable quotes Anon? Maybe it'll turn up under a different name

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Other People's Things » Internet and Webcomics