Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 124
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:02 am 
This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
Just realised some folks have given me shmuckers - thanks for those! I've mainly lurked so far, and hadn't thought much about how the tipping system worked: will have to look for a way to pass them on!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:58 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    deus EX wrote:
    I was so very much hoping they would build a wall with spikes just in front of the portal. That would've been hilarious...

(Did not read past page 2 so sorry if it was discussed)

Can you kill enemy like that though? Let them impale themselves on your spear?
    It appears you have to have an intention to kill unit you are hitting (assumed from the fact you can harvest dwagon with that intention and weak hit alone)
    Or does that count as a weakly set up stabity trap because you are not attacking as such?

(Again did not read all yet)
    Also how is this supposed to go? GK defend themselves with non lethal stuff because if they do harm those attacking archons, they start loosing money again.
    11 or 12 archons was it? Thats 60 mil. You still will need to get hit few times in that scenario to be in plus on the money. And that is if it is on hit kill on the archons. Right?

Last edited by Intocabille CZ on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:59 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I'm excited that decrypting at least has given Bouncy a waist and one hip, and that we'll soon learn her name!

2nd level Dollamancer, currently using my Juice on a Bag of Holding

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:05 am 
    MrPyro wrote:
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Neceros wrote:

What power?

[Power of] Voodoo

Who do?

YOU do!

(BTW. Long time reader/lurker. signed up just for this post.....your password strength requirements are surprisingly restrictive. How many people do you think are going to try to hack my erfworld account? ;)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:08 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    jamie7keller wrote:
    MrPyro wrote:
    Anomynous 167 wrote:

[Power of] Voodoo

Who do?

YOU do!

Do what?

3. There are real human beings behind our usernames/avatars
    4. Don't sweat the small stuff

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:13 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    happyturtle wrote:
    I'm excited that decrypting at least has given Bouncy a waist and one hip, and that we'll soon learn her name!

And that we'll soon learn what kind of casters the Bean Team are! Interesting point from Book 0 that I recently reread - Casters do not automatically know each others disciplines, and Wanda can't tell from Croak-a-senses. So she has no idea what she'll get until she asks them.

Aside - it does look like we should be seeing the bag of guns in panels 2 and 6 on the ground in some form based on perspective from the previous updates. I don't think they've been yoinked, but I'll feel much better after they start to get handed out.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:14 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Ashendant wrote:
    cu wrote:
    - All that awesome I pulled in Charlescomm Tower has unlocked in me the "Epic Empress of Archons" mode. From this moment on, as you can see, I outrank even rulers. So I am in charge wherever I go. When Charlie's archons cross the portal they will be subject to my absolute rule, so there's nothing to worry about. Now, what about some mushrooms in the Hippiemancer's Glade? I hate how Sizemore babbles about how tasty they are but never brings any.

I have a theory that all the CharlieCrows in Lilith's brain allow her to be promoted to a caster.

Lilith as "the Horcrux Charlie never meant to create"?

Fun to think about, on one level, but I really don't think it has any place in this story.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:18 am 
    Twitter: AmadoOhland
    YouTube: AmadoSings
    civilphil wrote:
    jamie7keller wrote:
    MrPyro wrote:

Who do?

YOU do!

Do what?

Remind me of the babe.

My thing is improvised a cappella music. My latest album is on BandCamp—listen for free! Or if you're inclined to spread the crowdfunding love, https://www.patreon.com/amado ...donating 5¢/song amounts to just $1/month, so, I'm cheap and easy.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:29 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Aside (If we keep this up we'll shatter the previous record for the topic with the most posts :lol: )

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:35 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Aside (If we keep this up we'll shatter the previous record for the topic with the most posts :lol: )

Let's bring it. Then Rob can get more Ad revenue on Monday/Tues and Fri/Sat. ;)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:54 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Mnemnosyne wrote:
    Whispri wrote:
    This would be a great time for that clause in the peace treaty that allows it to be ended prematurely by mutual consent to be invoked, given the obvious desire of both parties to fight to extermination.

Why would Charlie agree to this? With his vast stores of funds, he has an absolute advantage at the moment as far as the peace treaty goes. Without the peace treaty, invading Charlescomm right now would be a very viable option for GK, and they'd stand a really good chance of reaching and croaking Charlie. The peace treaty makes that potentially impossible because GK would go bankrupt cutting through whatever archons Charlie puts between them and himself.

So he can avoid spending a hundred and forty million (money he no longer has without converting gems) and subsequently having to croak Stanley to get it back - which is the real thing he was worried about diplomatically speaking. As far as invading goes, it would just mean Wanda could skip stage one, turning barbarian, before launching her attack. Plus, you know, he is hoping to win the battle and exterminate every Knobian he can reach, invasion is only a threat if he loses. And even then he has scores of archons left alive to defend his city, all of them armed to the teeth.

Also, Charlie may expect Parson to be back in command soon. Parson would never invade if he had any say in the matter, he'd be far too scared.

With all that said, you're right, it's an utterly lop sided treaty only a complete idiot would have signed.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:55 am 
    Amado wrote:
    Remind me of the babe.

Speaking of, is this Bowie the Changeamancer in panel two, dressed as Major Tom from Space Oddity?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:59 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Whispri wrote:
    And even then he has scores of archons left alive to defend his city, all of them armed to the teeth.

Yes, but with the 'pliers present, Charlie needs to throw all of them at GK at once or he's just feeding them corpses. And possibly intel.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:01 am 
    Octavian wrote:
    How 'bout it Rob, in honor of Jareth the "Gobwin" King? Someone surely reminds someone else of the babe! The babe with the power...

For anyone who doesn't get this reference, welcome to the ranks of today's ten thousand. An homage to Wizard of Oz and Maurice Sendak, with the combined might of Jim Henson, David Bowie, Jennifer Connolly, and Frank Oz.
    https://youtu.be/dDkp7GysvbY
    Highly recommended for any fan of Erfworld.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:05 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Amado wrote:
    civilphil wrote:
    jamie7keller wrote:

YOU do!

Do what?

Remind me of the babe.

I saw my Warlord
    Trying hard as he could try
    What could he do?
    My Warlord's funds had gone
    And left his raiment blue
    Nobody knew

What kind of magic spell to use
    Psychic hails
    Or baffles and veils
    Blunderbuss lightning...

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:10 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    A conclusion I'm surprised no one else is jumping to is that it is Marie's fault that Charlie is invading the Magic Kingdom. If she hadn't made the prediction that Charlie would invade, he could have been persuaded by Tondelayo to belay such actions.
    Marie's predictamancy turned a probable course of events into a certain one.
    Free Radical wrote:
    Amado wrote:
    Remind me of the babe.

Speaking of, is this Bowie the Changeamancer in panel two, dressed as Major Tom from Space Oddity?

A babe with a power! (wait, we're not doing that anymore?)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: "the fight is magical"
     Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:16 am 
    ...got me thinking. Those are physical projectiles, not "pew pews". Of a type thus unknown.
    I wonder if Erfworld sees them for what they are, or if they are merely enchanted with "how to use", but otherwise merely devices utilizing overlooked physical phenomena.

Might be cheaper, essentially fabricated as unusable in Erfworld as weapons due ONLY to Erfworld's arbitrary rules... like the old idea of throwing rocks without the archery special..., and then Carnied/Thinked with an apparently detrimental "make holder think it's a magic weapon".
    Charlie is an engineer, he tries things, too. Occasionally they work.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:28 am 
    Neko wrote:
    ... And that we'll soon learn what kind of casters the Bean Team are! Interesting point from Book 0 that I recently reread - Casters do not automatically know each others disciplines, and Wanda can't tell from Croak-a-senses. So she has no idea what she'll get until she asks them ...

I think Signamancers can. 'least, they can narrow it down a little, the same way why we're guessing AlecBean to be either a Moneymancer (because of his evil plot) or a Foolamancer (because he's a spy).

Me, I'll go with Moneymancer.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:30 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    A conclusion I'm surprised no one else is jumping to is that it is Marie's fault that Charlie is invading the Magic Kingdom. If she hadn't made the prediction that Charlie would invade, he could have been persuaded by Tondelayo to belay such actions.
    Marie's predictamancy turned a probable course of events into a certain one.

Is that how predictamancy works?

I'm confused, so please correct me if I am misinterpreting you. But it seems like you are saying that it is the act of predicting something that guarantees that it will happen.

If so, I don't think I agree. If Marie had been killed/removed from erfworld after the blunder attack then I think events would unfold in the same way on Charlie's side of things. Certainly the MK side of things would be different without her warning of incoming enemies . . . but how could her prediction influence Charlie?

3. There are real human beings behind our usernames/avatars
    4. Don't sweat the small stuff

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:55 am 
    Now that its a formal prediction, Charlie sending the Archons through the portal is his best possible action. The easy way.

Considering how bad its going to go for Charlie, you have to wonder what the hard way would be.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions