Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:05 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Mined 4 Erf
AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
It hadn't updated in well over a year when you left. You haven't been gone that long.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:54 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Hey, a man can dream...

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:23 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Don't feel bad, I was kind of hoping it would update too.

I admit I unselected the backer stories as a donation option early on, since the comic was having trouble keeping to the basic schedule. I've since re-enabled it. To everyone who would like to see these continue, I recommend let Rob know by enabling the option in your profile:

1: Go here: https://login.erfworld.com/manage_subscription
    2: Make sure all the checkboxes are selected. "Backer Stories" and "Book 0" - You may need to scroll down to see them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:23 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Maybe should do a kickstarter to kickstart the backer stories getting done.

I'd kick in $25.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:44 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Rob said he'd be restarting the backer stories after the end of book 3.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:48 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Ah, the early days of webcomic kickstarters when everyone got carried away with backer rewards despite having trouble just meeting their usual schedules. Even worse, backer rewards that ended up being far more expensive than planned, and which caused the whole thing to lose money.

I mean, Rich Burlew's kickstarter for OOTS raised over a million dollars, but he's on record saying that the expenses have ended up exceeding the amount raised (especially because of postage increases in the time it has taken him to deliver some of the rewards), and he's STILL not completed everything promises, almost 5 years on. Some of those things are like the monster miniatures I doubt anyone gives a crap about and he shouldn't have promised, they probably didn't earn a penny. Some of them are the 5 backer stories people pledged a lot of money for, and I feel kinda bad for them.

The Erf kickstarters had the same problems. A couple of other webcomics I pledged to had the same problems (ESPECIALLY failure to properly budget for postage). It turned out to be a terrible business model for webcomics after a promising start, mostly because most webcomic authors can't budget time or money to save their lives.

The Patreon model seems to be a ton better, and a lot more reasonable when it comes to backer rewards.

I'm glad to hear Rob can manage to return to Dylan and Thomas, for the sake of the backer at least. I always assumed this long pause was at least as much about Rob not knowing what to do with the story (especially with all the required rhyming) as much as the time component anyway.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:10 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    It's probably taking long because writing rhyme-o-mancy isn't a.. reliable thing, as they say?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:42 am 
    Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    I loved the backer stories, especially "Duke Forecastle" (the last full one). Would be nice to get back to this one at some point!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions