Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 5
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:07 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf For when you need it most
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 5
     Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:38 am 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Good update. And there is lots of good details in the picture. Even things like Vanna and Duncan sitting by the fire is a nice touch.

And I agree with just using what ever format makes the most sense for the current strip. Some scenes in the the second book, such as a lot of the magic kindom talk would have worked better as text updates. But some scenes such as Parson walloping Slatey definitely worked as comic strips.

I have no idea how this Parson/Jillian conflict will be resolved. Parson needs to deal with the threat, yet I can't see Jillian losing FAQ either. It will probably be a diplomatic victory.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:55 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Something that caught my eye - The troops in the megalogwiffon appear to be in the livery of Wanda's decrypted troops, whereas previously she only captured troops who hadn't been decrypted, who bore Stanley's star-livery. While Ansom did make her feel uncomfortable around the issue, the living troops had to be easier to be turned, considering the devotion of the decrypted. Yet none of the non-decrypted appear to be captured this time around?

Could be a mistake, could be intentional, or maybe I missed something. The conversation between Jillian and Ansom certainly has me waiting for more.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:04 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf
    Wow!

Connect the stars and it spells where this is going...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:26 am 
    dogsx wrote:
    Wow!

I don't see it. Can you explain?

Anyway, I can tell I'm not the only one a little tired of Jillian. She's just never felt particularly bright to me. She's basically a puppet queen surviving entirely on the charity of Charlie and Don, and that won't last forever. (especially from Don). And her Gobwin Knob raids just feels like she's kicking a hornets nest. I expect something big to go down, and she won't come away from it very well.

Looking forward to getting back with Ceasar and Transylvito in general. First post, woo!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:54 am 
    Adore, adore, adore, adore the marbit feedbags! (Megalogwif feedbag a plus).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:57 am 
    WLM: zilfallon@hotmail.com
    splexis wrote:
    Adore, adore, adore, adore the marbit feedbags! (Megalogwif feedbag a plus).

Those aren't marbits, those are normal gwiffons.

You know... at this point you boops aren't beating dead horses any more. You're making glue.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:23 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Cue shippers turning their attentions to Vanna and Duncan.

The Mega having broken a tree as it landed was a nice touch.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:08 am 
    Lipkin wrote:
    Cue shippers turning their attentions to Vanna and Duncan.

The Mega having broken a tree as it landed was a nice touch.

Just don't blame the poor Megalo, Jillian was the one driving it!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:30 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool!
    I predict an attack on Green-washing. lol. What a name for a city... deceptive marketing indeed xD

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:40 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    The signamancy of the captured soldiers is clearly a continuity error.

But notice how they've all been shifted to the megalo's butt region, to give Jillian and Ansom a little privacy for their chat. Sucks to be them. :lol:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:56 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    pkingdom wrote:
    dogsx wrote:
    Wow!

Anyway, I can tell I'm not the only one a little tired of Jillian. She's just never felt particularly bright to me. She's basically a puppet queen surviving entirely on the charity of Charlie and Don, and that won't last forever. (especially from Don). And her Gobwin Knob raids just feels like she's kicking a hornets nest. I expect something big to go down, and she won't come away from it very well.

Looking forward to getting back with Ceasar and Transylvito in general. First post, woo!

I can't tell either, any help?

Gillian is a horror, a plague on the World who has to be stopped. And a plague on her Side. In fairness, tho, it's not her fault, Charlie and the evil healomancer tore out the best of her, she's a hollow shell of who she used to be.

Welcome. :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:31 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    mustaju wrote:
    Something that caught my eye - The troops in the megalogwiffon appear to be in the livery of Wanda's decrypted troops, whereas previously she only captured troops who hadn't been decrypted, who bore Stanley's star-livery. While Ansom did make her feel uncomfortable around the issue, the living troops had to be easier to be turned, considering the devotion of the decrypted. Yet none of the non-decrypted appear to be captured this time around?

Could be a mistake, could be intentional, or maybe I missed something. The conversation between Jillian and Ansom certainly has me waiting for more.

It would take a minimum of 3 turns for her to get back home, so my guess would be that Vanna successfully turned, in the field, the once-popped/living units. She's bound to loose a few of her own units during battles, so it helps to have a reserve.

But all of the visible captives appearing to be decrypted units does raise an eyebrow. Maybe the most recent city didn't have enough non-decrypted targets to capture? And maybe the few that were have already been turned? Well, it makes me all the more anxious to hear Vanna's report from first attempting to turn a low-level non-leadership decrypted unit.

As for "Jillian and FAQ living off charity"; her capturing and subsequent razing of GK cities have boosted her treasury enough that she is likely to be in the position to offer to pay back Transylvito. Though communication there seems to be mildy reluctant. :roll:

As for what Parson is up to now... Maybe a Wanda-Maggie-Ace link-up migh let them bypass some prisoner rules and let Wanda "puppet" Ansom for a brief moment?
    Could be too dangerous though, since Wanda likely have to act as an individual if they intend to talk to Jillian that way.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:42 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    As far as the religious argument she is making goes, I'm inclined to glance at Don and say 'those whom the Titans wish to destroy, they first make mad'.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:24 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    What would Ace be doing in your proposed linkup? Literally "puppeting" Ansom?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:49 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    Personally I'm definitely cool with text updates being mixed in with the regular comic updates. I feel like the main Erfworld story has always had some text heavier updates going back even to book 1 with Parson's klogs and that fusion between comic and novel is part of what makes Erfworld effective and interesting. I think Erfworld has proved that sometimes a big-ass wall of text with a mood/scene setting panel or two is exactly what a story needs.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:27 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    TurtlesAWD wrote:
    Personally I'm definitely cool with text updates being mixed in with the regular comic updates. I feel like the main Erfworld story has always had some text heavier updates going back even to book 1 with Parson's klogs and that fusion between comic and novel is part of what makes Erfworld effective and interesting. I think Erfworld has proved that sometimes a big-ass wall of text with a mood/scene setting panel or two is exactly what a story needs.

This.

It wouldn't be Erfworld if we didn't have some of the more information intense scenes described with words where pictures fail to keep up. And somehow, long conversations tend to go quicker and more easily when you have the inner thoughts of the characters to go along with them. For instance, poker is kind of a boring game to just sit and watch. But if you knew what was going on in the heads of the players, it would be fan-flippin'-tastic.

Keep up the good work Rob, and hit us with what is required instead of what is fashionable. :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:50 pm 
    Does Jillian know what happened at Jetstone?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:55 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    pkingdom wrote:
    dogsx wrote:
    Wow!

._. Charlie Charity? I mean, I approve of alliteration, but I don't approve of bold face lies.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:50 pm 
    Salem wrote:

._. Charlie Charity? I mean, I approve of alliteration, but I don't approve of bold face lies.

Point. What Jillian is getting from Charlie would be more akin to an investment. From a loan shark.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions