Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 1
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:02 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 1
     Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:06 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    It can't be that easy to spy on charlie ;V

But the idea of a microscout is interesting...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:10 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    YESSS!! It's ba-ack!

Great art, looks very Erfworld-y.

Parson is really pushing this traveling through Portal Park idea - I fear he's going to get even more grief from it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:15 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I think this is our first 100% official confirmation that decrypted casters actually CAN cast? (Not just that they think they can cast).

It will be funny if Charlie has anti-Lookamancy in effect somehow, so all the pictures come back blank or scrambled.

Also, did Parson possibly just help create the paparazzi?

Finally... the camera by itself doesn't seem all that complicated, I'm surprised Ace couldn't just create one by himself. The only thing I can think of is the storage of pictures bit requires the Lookamancer.Although creation of "film" is itself likely dollamancy... Hmm.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:18 am 
    Given Charlie's incredibly paranoid strategy, there is no way his portal is unwarded. It isn't necessarily bad to experiment, but does Parson really want to motivate Charlie into trying the same?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:19 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Radagast wrote:
    Finally... the camera by itself doesn't seem all that complicated, I'm surprised Ace couldn't just create one by himself. The only thing I can think of is the storage of pictures bit requires the Lookamancer.Although creation of "film" is itself likely dollamancy... Hmm.

I would expect the internal optics would require Lookamancy. The shell, button, and materials might all be Dollamancy, but getting the light to hit the film properly (assuming Ace could create film by himself in the first place) should definitely require Lookamancy - IMHO :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:20 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    That seems pretty risky. Parson might lose both your link-created things in a single stroke of detection without finding out much, which seems very, very likely. Sending it the long way would probably be safer...

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:20 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Woah. TBH I was honestly not expecting this until, like, October. :D

I have a feeling that new unit is going to come to a short and sudden end.

Regarding the camera, it's possible the Lookamancy is to see through any Foolamancy that Charlie is using to help defend his base.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:21 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    JOY!!!!!!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:23 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    Awesome! Glad to see Book 3 starting! Also nice to see Parson back to coming up with unorthodox tactics (and using knowledge stuff from Stupidworld to boot!)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:31 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    The SHORT way
    of all the cheek... I love it =D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:38 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    It might be able to leave the Magic Kingdom, but can a non-caster unit come back? Past info suggests that disbanding upon entry is automatic and immediate.

So, this one-way scouting trip could hypothetically benefit Parson's intel, but how...?

What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:39 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Yay, so pleased the main books are back.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:49 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent
    Yay!!! I'm looking forward to the accelerated schedule!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:57 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    And we're back!

sheepfly wrote:
    It might be able to leave the Magic Kingdom, but can a non-caster unit come back? Past info suggests that disbanding upon entry is automatic and immediate.

Perhaps that doesn't apply to magical constructs, or only applies to military units and not a mere animated toy.

I would assume that is the case before I'd assume it's a one way trip, much as Parson undoubtedly assumes anything passing through Charlie's portal without Charlie's say-so is going to be zapped on arrival, veil or not, he's had a little camera built for the thing on the off-chance it actually works... no point doing that if you have no way to get it back.

The camera looks very similar to my Pentax compact, actually. I liked that thing, shame it has become outclassed even by phone cameras by now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:02 am 
    So most magic Items can be made as small as you want, how big can they get? Could this be weaponized?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:14 am 
    This user has been published! This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Hurray, book 3 is starting! ^^ What a way to start a Friday!*

*(in Germany it's Friday morning now).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:18 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    !!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:32 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Might take a bit to get used to the new art, but I'm very pumped this is back.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:38 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool
    So Parson is about the same height as Ace, huh?

Then again, Ace is unusually tall by Erfworld standards. Wonder if it means anything.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions