Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Digdoug - Episode 22
 Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:55 am 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
BakaGrappler wrote:
Kichumen wrote:
Plus im still confused about the value of Rands : it pays upkeep so it should be worth the highest upkeep of a unit , for example it should be worth a thousand shmuckers for Parson , while only worth 160 shmukers for Doug , so Dove should actually have no Rands , she would be a fool not to sell them to units with a high upkeep , as even selling them for a discount she gets more out of it than consuming them herself ....

Except that Dove is not a Mathamancer.

Sure, there may be a whole substratum of Casters making their living by trading Rands to higher upkeep units for slightly less than they are worth and then using that profit to make more rands. But that sounds like a job where you would need to be as trustworthy as a bank. I don't think a Carnie would be able to get that kind of business off the ground.

Hmm .. . I dont see that this would require more trust then trading Potions and Scrolls , which she does .

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:00 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Xarx wrote:
    Kichumen wrote:
    The Heir is still alive though , so should not have Follywood inherited everything ?

Hopefully this will finally drive a stake through the idea that an heir remains the heir after switching sides.

Well , in talking with his brother King Posbrake insited that he still had an Heir ,if he lost that status should not Prince Creen have said something to that effect ?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:38 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    Given that Posbrake is/was a fairly unconventional tactician, I think it would be in keeping with his character to be willing to see if a side with a caster as ruler would work. On the other hand, Carniac's line is vague as to who the ring will belong to when it once again belogns to a ruler... so possibly Digdoug will be able to give it back to him? If digdoug would be giving the ring away, it would have to be to someone he trusted and respected. Right now that's a short list of people. I feel very doubtful at this point that Posbrake is still alive, mainly because I figured that if he had survived through some clever ploy it would have been revealed while still in part 1. Until we actually know for certain what happened to him after the casters went through the portal though, I don't quite feel like counting him out completely.

Also, the line about the tonic being "worth a fortune" was top quality.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:54 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Haplo wrote:
    In episode 17 Charlie's Archons destroyed hippo-crates which means that Charlie would have to pay a 8K penalty.

Quote:
    It cost them eight thousand to croak those ‘crates.”

Does this mean that Digdoug can claim this penalty from Charlie?

No, that would have gone directly and immediately into the treasury, which would have gone to whoever took the capital.

Kichuman wrote:
    Well , in talking with his brother King Posbrake insited that he still had an Heir ,if he lost that status should not Prince Creen have said something to that effect ?

Sorry, where does he say that? I remember Posbrake saying that he'd stuck to the letter of the agreement by popping an heir, since the contract didn't specify that he had to keep him. Delkey was irked because he didn't have one anymore, having traded him away.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:16 am 
    Xarx wrote:
    Haplo wrote:
    In episode 17 Charlie's Archons destroyed hippo-crates which means that Charlie would have to pay a 8K penalty.

Quote:

No, that would have gone directly and immediately into the treasury, which would have gone to whoever took the capital.

Kichuman wrote:

Sorry, where does he say that? I remember Posbrake saying that he'd stuck to the letter of the agreement by popping an heir, since the contract didn't specify that he had to keep him. Delkey was irked because he didn't have one anymore, having traded him away.

You are right , i completely misremembered that conversation . :oops:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:32 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    In any case, I just remembered that this episode burns that idea and scatters its ashes: http://www.erfworld.com/2014/04/digdoug-episode-18/

Creen - who is already the heir to Delkey - says that Posbrake must appoint him the heir to Homekey (at Delkey's expense) after he (Creen) turns. So heir status is specific to one's side, and doesn't transfer. Period.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:14 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Haplo wrote:

Quote:

It also said that Posbrake felt the 8k go into the treasury automagically.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:25 pm 
    Does anyone else kinda wish that this story hadn't been about a Dirtamancer? We already knew a lot about Dirtamancy from Sizemore and there are so many other disciplines we know little or nothing about. As awesome as this story was, if it had been about a Weirdomancer or Signamancer, I think it would have been even better.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:45 pm 
    GWvsJohn wrote:
    Does anyone else kinda wish that this story hadn't been about a Dirtamancer? We already knew a lot about Dirtamancy from Sizemore and there are so many other disciplines we know little or nothing about. As awesome as this story was, if it had been about a Weirdomancer or Signamancer, I think it would have been even better.

I feel like Dirtamancy is a naturally relatable discipline and caster type, so I was glad to get another "down to earth" character in this cast of...well...wierdos. :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:02 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So Digdoug part one ends and I feel that all this showed was Charlie making enemies. Charlie has been making a lot of small enemies and finally he got Parson the first being that can and will challenge him directly. I am starting to feel that Parson will not directly challenge Charlie but hurt him where it will hurt, in the pocket book.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:40 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Kichumen wrote:
    The Heir is still alive though , so should not have Follywood inherited everything?

Is he alive? I don't recall that being stated eiterway. That said... who says they didn't?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:29 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    GWvsJohn wrote:

I think we learned quite a bit about carnymancy, and I'd say this story is almost as much about Dove as it is about Digdoug. If Parson is, in fact, a signamancer then we already have a pretty major erfworld plot going about one of those.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:57 pm 
    There's also the fact that we've learned even more about what Dirtamancy can do. We knew it was pretty versatile before, but even more so now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:00 pm 
    TurtlesAWD wrote:
    I think we learned quite a bit about carnymancy, and I'd say this story is almost as much about Dove as it is about Digdoug. If Parson is, in fact, a signamancer then we already have a pretty major erfworld plot going about one of those.

That's a good point, and I do love some Carnymancy. But I still feel it was a missed opportunity.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:03 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    GWvsJohn wrote:
    That's a good point, and I do love some Carnymancy. But I still feel it was a missed opportunity.
    The real missed opportunity was learning more about Carnymancy. We've finally met a friendly Carnymancer and yet we really learned surprisingly little. Dove explicitly refused to talk about how Carnymancy works. She gave us this story about Carnymancy breaking rules, but when Digdoug pressed her to explain that better she clammed up, putting the whole thing into doubt. The only solid bit of Carnymancy that we got to see was Posbrake being invulnerable to arrows. Back when Dove originally appeared in the story I was sure we'd learn more about Carnymancy than that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:53 pm 
    Whispri wrote:
    Kichumen wrote:
    The Heir is still alive though , so should not have Follywood inherited everything?

Is he alive? I don't recall that being stated eiterway. That said... who says they didn't?

Seriously?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:16 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I am not convinced yet that Posbrake is actually dead. He is too smart for that, and was up to more then was revealed. Could him and his side have been absorbed back into delkey? Perhaps to fullfill some prophecy about Digdoug being alone and barbarian, and the last of his side.If homekey no longer exists as a capital site, it would explain why the portal is gone.

Posbrake is probably gone, but I don't think we can eliminate the possibility yet that he found a way to cheat things.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:18 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Xarx wrote:
    Whispri wrote:
    Kichumen wrote:

Seriously?

I don't seem to recall any information being given with regards to the fate of Homekey's subordinate cities.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:12 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    While Charlie's quadruple-dealing (or more) is impressive, it seems really dangerous to his reputation, even if he had wiped out everyone from Homekey. I would expect a carny to have helped make a contract that prevents unapproved deals with any other side regarding Homekey for at least a couple of turns. And the other sides that dealt with Charlie in this encounter, or at the minimum Delkey, would be very wary of future deals, even if they worked out as desired.

As for Posbrake, unsupported speculation: Ming the Merciless' ring from the end of Flash Gordon.
    The End?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:26 pm 
    Whispri wrote:
    I don't seem to recall any information being given with regards to the fate of Homekey's subordinate cities.

So you think they might have gone to Follywood? Why?

When a side falls, their cities go neutral. Their fate in this case will undoubtedly be to be taken over by whoever gets there first, Delkey, Numloch or someone else, but whoever it is will have to conquer them one by one. Follywood does not seem to be a close enough neighbor to worry about.

If you are confused about whether Posbrake's former heir is still his heir, please see this post from just a little higher on the page. Also note that if Posbrake had had an heir when whatever it was happened, the side wouldn't have ended. But he didn't, and it did.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions