Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Digdoug - Episode 16
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:47 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Digdoug - Episode 16
     Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:58 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent
    Wow! My heart sped up quite a bit reading this update. I love the perspective of trying to see through the foolamancy, I was completely convinced the archons had gone into the battle with claws out.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:04 pm 
    Whew! Heart in my mouth there.

But the question now is, since Charlie hasn't broken his word (yet), what *IS* going to go horribly wrong?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:14 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    shamelessmerc wrote:

But the question now is, since Charlie hasn't broken his word (yet), what *IS* going to go horribly wrong?

Hmm. Prediction.
    Spoiler: show
    Creen takes command of his own ranged units, ordering them to kill. Their focus fire manages to KO a few of the Archons, inadvertently bankrupting Homekey.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:29 pm 
    Yeah it looks like Charlie's gonna be good to his word, at least for the short term of this battle. Definitely feel now that Creen is the antagonist, especially after all that vitriol. We've still got the plot devices of the Pit-Scroll and Dove-in-the-Hole hovering over it, though.

Quote:
    Was that a hint of orange light inside? He couldn’t actually tell.

presumably that's her casting the "no ranged attacks" spell?

/conspiracy hat on

that's her doing something else!!!111!!1!

/conspiracy hat off

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:27 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Creen seems like he knows the plan already. He's not scared or concerned or even interested.

He shows up with two knights and two stacks (4?) of archers and demands total control of Homekey? You don't do that unless you have an invading strength to back up your demand.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:04 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Well so far this battle is going as planed, so when will the battle deviate from the plan a go truly bad?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:27 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    badninja wrote:
    Well so far this battle is going as planed, so when will the battle deviate from the plan a go truly bad?

Possibly after it's over...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:50 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    twhitt wrote:
    shamelessmerc wrote:

Hmm. Prediction.
    Spoiler: show
    Creen takes command of his own ranged units, ordering them to kill. Their focus fire manages to KO a few of the Archons, inadvertently bankrupting Homekey.

That's a fairly good prediction in my opinion.

And as for the foolamancy, seemed fairly easy to see through for me. When he said his strongest haboken wouldn't be nearly that loud, I instantly guessed that they were foolamancying it up to impress Creen. Course, I could have instantly guessed wrong, but I happened to be right.

Also, it seems I was fairly correct about what this page would contain, woo, self pat on the back :P

Creen did seem somewhat unconcerned at first, but when the fake bolt almost hit him, he seemed to start caring alot more. I'd guess he figured it was a ground attack, since everyone in the area uses ground forces, and he'd have more time to prepare, and the city would be much harder to assault.

Also, does anyone else think Creen might have been suspicious at just how quickly Peck supplied the info about Charlescomm?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:07 am 
    Quote:
    Also, does anyone else think Creen might have been suspicious at just how quickly Peck supplied the info about Charlescomm?

Not unless he'd already figured out something is up. Nothing strange about a Chief Warlord being able to identify a mercenary force that hires out in the region.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:32 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    It sure would be a waste of time to search for those archon's bodies...

Also, I think Creen is only behaving like his did to show his supreme disdain at being given orders by a non-royal warlord whom he feels is incompetent.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:26 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Zooooooooom! :D

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:25 am 
    While reading through the audience, I was actually hoping that Posbrake would simply promote Peck to heir, just to irk off Creen.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:07 am 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Oliolli wrote:
    While reading through the audience, I was actually hoping that Posbrake would simply promote Peck to heir, just to irk off Creen.

That costs loadsaschmuckers.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:14 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    asparagus wrote:
    Oliolli wrote:

That costs loadsaschmuckers.

Promoting Peck to Warlord: 10,000 schmuckers
    Promoting Peck to Heir: 100,000 schmuckers
    Seeing the look on Creen's face: Priceless

There's some things schmuckers can't buy, but for everything else, there's Charliecard.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:32 am 
    (name here) wrote:
    Quote:

Not unless he'd already figured out something is up. Nothing strange about a Chief Warlord being able to identify a mercenary force that hires out in the region.

I disagree. Peck is a Warlord who's been promoted up from the rank and file it appears (and has less experience at being a CW), whereas Creen is a Prince who is far more likely to have encountered Charlescomm in the past (which is grounds for suggesting that Charlescomm is not a mercenary force that hires out in the region, since Delkey would have run into them in the past). I think it'd be reasonable to say that if Creen didn't recognise Charlescomm's livery, there's no reason why Peck should have recognised it, warranting suspicion. Reading the update, Creen looked fairly sus, as he kept looking up into the sky when Peck brushed his question aside.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:42 pm 
    Squishalot wrote:
    (name here) wrote:
    Quote:

I disagree. Peck is a Warlord who's been promoted up from the rank and file it appears (and has less experience at being a CW), whereas Creen is a Prince who is far more likely to have encountered Charlescomm in the past (which is grounds for suggesting that Charlescomm is not a mercenary force that hires out in the region, since Delkey would have run into them in the past). I think it'd be reasonable to say that if Creen didn't recognise Charlescomm's livery, there's no reason why Peck should have recognised it, warranting suspicion. Reading the update, Creen looked fairly sus, as he kept looking up into the sky when Peck brushed his question aside.

I find it more fascinating that Creen felt the need to ask who that was - I think it speaks more to his inexperience, rather than his experience. if Delkey is as Royalist and Traditionalist (and stale and boring) as it seems to be, they may not know what mercenaries are even out there for hire; hiring mercs might be considered beneath them. Either he's better at being duplicitous than we take him for, or he is genuinely ignorant - and I suspect that it might be the latter.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:00 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    We don't seem to know a whole lot about the details of the contract, but the bits and pieces we've seen indicate that Posbrake's main concern is over units. And there's a provision about Charlie not conquering the city. But what do we know about damaging the city? What if the archons, using the pretext of putting on a convincing show, absolutely *ruin* the place down to a level 1? I haven't seen any reason to believe *that's* forbidden by the contract.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:59 pm 
    Quote:
    We don't seem to know a whole lot about the details of the contract, but the bits and pieces we've seen indicate that Posbrake's main concern is over units. And there's a provision about Charlie not conquering the city. But what do we know about damaging the city? What if the archons, using the pretext of putting on a convincing show, absolutely *ruin* the place down to a level 1? I haven't seen any reason to believe *that's* forbidden by the contract.

It'd be pretty hard to pull that off without killing units, either by collapsing buildings or starting a fire. The Archons might be able to manage it, but on the other hand the city isn't all that great anyway. Homekey's entire strategy is to have a lot of low-end cities. They're exceptionally well-fortified for their level, but that's largely thanks to Digdoug, so if the city's defenses get trashed he can fix them right up. So that probably wouldn't be a particularly helpful plan.

Quote:
    I find it more fascinating that Creen felt the need to ask who that was - I think it speaks more to his inexperience, rather than his experience. if Delkey is as Royalist and Traditionalist (and stale and boring) as it seems to be, they may not know what mercenaries are even out there for hire; hiring mercs might be considered beneath them. Either he's better at being duplicitous than we take him for, or he is genuinely ignorant - and I suspect that it might be the latter.

Charlescomm is pretty expensive, so he might just never have seen them in action. It wouldn't be particularly odd for any given Chief Warlord in a relatively minor region to not recognize them, but it's also not odd if another one does; just luck of the draw about whether they've heard of a particular mercenary unit.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:32 pm 
    (name here) wrote:
    Charlescomm is pretty expensive, so he might just never have seen them in action. It wouldn't be particularly odd for any given Chief Warlord in a relatively minor region to not recognize them, but it's also not odd if another one does; just luck of the draw about whether they've heard of a particular mercenary unit.

Not to mention they just got done pointing out that Creen has neither been in battle nor wants to be in battle. He's solely a lead-from-the-back warlord who might not even recognize Numloch's troops if they showed up in battle in front of him.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions