Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Digdoug - Episode 1
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:28 pm 
Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
YRM_DM wrote:
I apologize if this has been answered but, is the idea of these stories to give us snips of books that Parson is reading while trying to prep for his fight with Charlie?
What (if any) connection these stories have to the main plot has not been stated by Rob. The only publicly revealed purpose is to fulfill the high level Kickstarter Donor Rewards, for folks who donated a high pledge level in order to get a story of "themselves" as an Erfworld Character (so Crush, and Digdoug are both inspiried by real fans). They may eventually tie in to the main story, but presently we are not aware that Parson has any knowledge of these events, or when precisely they even occur.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:04 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Well, we've got a clue that Crush took place before TBfGK, since Jillian shows up in pt5. She's not gunning for Stanley, she's not a Queen... whether it's before or after the fall of Faq is still impossible to call, though.

It calls her a Barbarian Mercenary, but she could be lying. According to IPtSF 28, the only tip-off that she wasn't a Barbarian at the time was the size of the force flying with her.

Either way, it's a while before the current stories.

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:39 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    That's why I said "when precisely they ocurr" is unknown....there is a looooot of wiggle room, and we have no idea how long passes between the various events of the main plot. Jack/Jill/Wanda/Marie may be hundreds of thousands of turns old, since we're given no context for their lifespans.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:14 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    We've got a little context for a few folks (check it out, yo: wiki page, even!) but yeah, I was just trying to lay out the facts that we had. I wasn't arguing with you or anything.

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:29 pm 
    Yeah the big problem is the gaping holes in the Book-0-era. We don't know how long passes between parts, and how long passes between it and Book 1. So we have a sadly gaping hole in the middle that I hope gets filled someday, at least with a number. Nice age compilation though with what little is known, thanks!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:23 pm 
    BRAVO. Seriously, "castle storms you" was quite the good ending line!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:03 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Reservoir traps suggest themselves. Buildings or segments of the grounds that you can flood with sluice-gates. Constricted ramps leading up to the castle that you can divert significant water flow into AFTER the enemy siege commits itself to an attack there.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:49 am 
    Make it possible to flood the city. Then abandon the city and counter attack after they take it, forcing them to move all their heavy units and seige into the city and trigger the trap

Since this was a full scale invasion force (the city is valubel only because it's in the way after all) and you just took it out without sufferng attrition, leave is razed and head on through to Numloch...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions