Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Lord Crush - Part 5
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:14 pm 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Lilwik wrote:
Lipkin wrote:
Dirt and earth are synonyms . Or in this case, dirt and erf.
Are dirt and erf really synonyms? I'm not so sure. Consider Book 0, Episode 1:
"This thread was being drawn up by the system of the world. Thinkamancers knew it as a 'Grandiocosmic string.' Its numbers were being shaped and guided by the firmament, by what magic theorists called the Erf Axis."

This makes it sound like Erf is the firmament, totally opposite to dirt. I have no idea what the firmament has to do with any of this, but there it is.

Dirt and earth are synonyms because earth is literally Earth. So yes, dirt and erf are synonyms, due to the location being Erf. And I have no idea what the firmament has to do with anything either, because it certainly isn't applicable to what we are talking about. Dirtamancy is Erf aligned, so I know you aren't arguing that that dirtamancy and the Erf axis are unrelated.

Firmament means "vault of heaven" or "sky." In this context, it clearly means the former. And since the thread is described as traveling upwards, the firmament could be Erf itself and not be contradictory.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:39 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Lipkin wrote:
    Lilwik wrote:
    Lipkin wrote:
    Dirt and earth are synonyms . Or in this case, dirt and erf.
    Are dirt and erf really synonyms? I'm not so sure. Consider Book 0, Episode 1:
    "This thread was being drawn up by the system of the world. Thinkamancers knew it as a 'Grandiocosmic string.' Its numbers were being shaped and guided by the firmament, by what magic theorists called the Erf Axis."

This makes it sound like Erf is the firmament, totally opposite to dirt. I have no idea what the firmament has to do with any of this, but there it is.

Dirt and earth are synonyms because earth is literally Earth. So yes, dirt and erf are synonyms, due to the location being Erf. And I have no idea what the firmament has to do with anything either, because it certainly isn't applicable to what we are talking about. Dirtamancy is Erf aligned, so I know you aren't arguing that that dirtamancy and the Erf axis are unrelated.

Firmament means "vault of heaven" or "sky." In this context, it clearly means the former. And since the thread is described as traveling upwards, the firmament could be Erf itself and not be contradictory.

Below the dirt is the fire that fuelled the beating heart of the volcano that destroyed GK in book 1. The fire is shockomancy, erf is shockomancy because only a thin layer of dirt over the fire that shocks and awes. And that is why the world must burn, as our great prophet Lady Sylvia Lazarus revealed. Burn for peace, that is the Titans will!

(And yet some other guy might argue something else represents Erf in the debates of magic kingdom... it does not require testing, just that my erf based magic sphere is centre of world and all others spin around mine)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:03 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So the published book. It seems extremely probable that this was before Parson. I wonder if Parson will read it? What insights will he glean? Perhaps when he learns about published books he will try and find some. Natural Philos would be great? I also wonder if the Commies are still in the Union? Perhaps they will be an ally for Parson?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:46 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Lamech wrote:
    Perhaps when he learns about published books he will try and find some.
    Parson must have already found some. The whole time while Gobwin Knob was expanding under Ansom's leadership Parson was working on learning about Erfworld. According to Summer Update 44, he had a routine of going to the library every day, which makes about 70 days of searching for useful books. He wasn't doing it full-time, but he still must have looked at many, many books.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions