Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:21 pm 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Free Radical wrote:
I admit that's all much, much less likely if barbarians being first in turn order has no actual support though, and I can't seem to find anything that does support it other than the uncited wiki entry.

I found some evidence that all barbarians move before Gobwin Knob: "Turn at dawn means...Neither Charlescomm nor Transylvito are in the battlespace....Nor Barbarians."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:51 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Chit Rule Railroad wrote:
    Free Radical wrote:
    I admit that's all much, much less likely if barbarians being first in turn order has no actual support though, and I can't seem to find anything that does support it other than the uncited wiki entry.

I found some evidence that all barbarians move before Gobwin Knob: "Turn at dawn means...Neither Charlescomm nor Transylvito are in the battlespace....Nor Barbarians."

Thanks, I had a feeling there was something like that said.

In context though, Wanda knew plenty about Jillian and has her on her mind enough that if there are barbarian non-capital "sides", she could easily have meant "Jillian's turn is before ours, so she isn't in the battlespace", so I guess Faq likely were barbarian when they approached Haffaton.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:34 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Free Radical wrote:
    In context though, Wanda knew plenty about Jillian and has her on her mind enough that if there are barbarian non-capital "sides", she could easily have meant "Jillian's turn is before ours, so she isn't in the battlespace", so I guess Faq likely were barbarian when they approached Haffaton.
    That's clever! I was really struggling with how to fit Wanda's words with the events of Book 0, but now that you explain it the answer seems obvious. Wanda wasn't talking about all Barbarians everywhere; all she was saying was that the Barbarians that they had been fighting would have had their turn before Gobwin Knob so they must have left the battlespace. That seems like an excellent solution to the apparent conflict, far simpler than imagining some anti-barbarism magic that no one in the story has ever mentioned.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:26 am 
    Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.
    That wouldn't work because Barbarians go on the same Turn as their allies, so Jillian would have never gone first at any point during the war.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:11 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Sir Shadow wrote:
    That wouldn't work because Barbarians go on the same Turn as their allies, so Jillian would have never gone first at any point during the war.

Wanda may have anticipated that Jillian might have left or been laid off from the RCC, given their defeat and the death of Ansom.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:49 pm 
    Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.
    Chit Rule Railroad wrote:
    Sir Shadow wrote:

Wanda may have anticipated that Jillian might have left or been laid off from the RCC, given their defeat and the death of Ansom.

It'd be too dangerous for Jillian to be there as a barbarian without being allied to a Side.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions