Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:21 pm 
User avatar
E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Offline
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:44 pm
Posts: 377
Free Radical wrote:
I admit that's all much, much less likely if barbarians being first in turn order has no actual support though, and I can't seem to find anything that does support it other than the uncited wiki entry.

I found some evidence that all barbarians move before Gobwin Knob: "Turn at dawn means...Neither Charlescomm nor Transylvito are in the battlespace....Nor Barbarians."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:51 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:35 pm
    Posts: 690
    Chit Rule Railroad wrote:
    Free Radical wrote:
    I admit that's all much, much less likely if barbarians being first in turn order has no actual support though, and I can't seem to find anything that does support it other than the uncited wiki entry.

    I found some evidence that all barbarians move before Gobwin Knob: "Turn at dawn means...Neither Charlescomm nor Transylvito are in the battlespace....Nor Barbarians."

    Thanks, I had a feeling there was something like that said.

    In context though, Wanda knew plenty about Jillian and has her on her mind enough that if there are barbarian non-capital "sides", she could easily have meant "Jillian's turn is before ours, so she isn't in the battlespace", so I guess Faq likely were barbarian when they approached Haffaton.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:34 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:55 pm
    Posts: 1502
    Free Radical wrote:
    In context though, Wanda knew plenty about Jillian and has her on her mind enough that if there are barbarian non-capital "sides", she could easily have meant "Jillian's turn is before ours, so she isn't in the battlespace", so I guess Faq likely were barbarian when they approached Haffaton.
    That's clever! I was really struggling with how to fit Wanda's words with the events of Book 0, but now that you explain it the answer seems obvious. Wanda wasn't talking about all Barbarians everywhere; all she was saying was that the Barbarians that they had been fighting would have had their turn before Gobwin Knob so they must have left the battlespace. That seems like an excellent solution to the apparent conflict, far simpler than imagining some anti-barbarism magic that no one in the story has ever mentioned.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:26 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am
    Posts: 338
    Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.
    That wouldn't work because Barbarians go on the same Turn as their allies, so Jillian would have never gone first at any point during the war.

    _________________
    Demon Lord Etna wrote:
    Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:11 pm 
    User avatar
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:44 pm
    Posts: 377
    Sir Shadow wrote:
    That wouldn't work because Barbarians go on the same Turn as their allies, so Jillian would have never gone first at any point during the war.

    Wanda may have anticipated that Jillian might have left or been laid off from the RCC, given their defeat and the death of Ansom.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:49 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am
    Posts: 338
    Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.
    Chit Rule Railroad wrote:
    Sir Shadow wrote:
    That wouldn't work because Barbarians go on the same Turn as their allies, so Jillian would have never gone first at any point during the war.

    Wanda may have anticipated that Jillian might have left or been laid off from the RCC, given their defeat and the death of Ansom.

    It'd be too dangerous for Jillian to be there as a barbarian without being allied to a Side.

    _________________
    Demon Lord Etna wrote:
    Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ] 

    Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Morsious, Muneyoshi and 4 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: