Erfworld Forums
http://forums.erfworld.com/

Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool
http://forums.erfworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6652
Page 1 of 6

Author:  balder [ Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

New One is up.

Author:  technojunkie [ Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

Holy Cwap! I believe that's the first time Stanley has approved of Parson.

It also just occurred to me... the reason Parson can enter the Magic Kingdom is because the summon prefect warlord spell covered every angle to ensure Parson could destroy charlie.

Author:  Tarvok [ Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

No, I believe that approval came earlier, when he decided that even he would miss the guy if he croaked and decided to change the capital after all.

Author:  technojunkie [ Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

Yeah I realized that after I posted. A better word choice would have been I think this is the first time Stanley has been happy about Parson's activities/intent.

Author:  No one in particular [ Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

Oh, man! I just realized... Stanley is going to LOVE the fallout of the new Capital!

He's been itching for a reason to get back out in the field and bust some heads, right? A roadtrip with all his dwagons to the Spacerock, and possibly a return trip? He's gonna be so happy!

Author:  B Dandelion [ Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

Previous updates had made me start to warm up to Stanley as a character, and this continues that process. Yeah, dude, Charlie is totally hateable. Good on you for having that instinctive reaction, you can't be all bad obviously.

Author:  badninja [ Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

I will bet Charlie is trying to block the calls because he knows he is screwed. Charlie is not in a good position right now he has a very pissed warlord who can fight him coming for him and he need allies and not many that are nearby are in any shape to fight GK. It is looking like there is a major storm brewing and it will not be pretty.

Author:  hehehe426 [ Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

Stanley sounds as cheerful as Fix-It Felix.

Author:  ManaCaster [ Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

The call feels weird, huh? I wonder if that means Maggie is using one of those more unusual techniques Thinkamancers normally keep a secret to dodge Charlie.

Now that Charlie's ability to tap thinkagrams has been exposed, it wouldn't surprise me if he jams Gobwin Knob as completely as possible. After all, vital intel is more likely to be protected, so if he can do nothing else, he may as well inconvenience them.

Author:  ftl [ Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

badninja wrote:
I will bet Charlie is trying to block the calls because he knows he is screwed. Charlie is not in a good position right now he has a very pissed warlord who can fight him coming for him and he need allies and not many that are nearby are in any shape to fight GK. It is looking like there is a major storm brewing and it will not be pretty.


Well, I wouldn't say Charlie is screwed. Well, he is, but not because of his position. He's screwed because he has the Perfect Warlord gunning for him.

But his position is fine. He's got an impenetratable fortress way out somewhere. He's getting back into the Royals' good graces via saving Jetstone. As Parson said, he's got intelligence about what... everyone.. is doing. Whereas GK is sort of precarious - their capital is way out in the boonies, they've got no allies, and know nothing about the world outside of what their scouts see. They've also suffered pretty heavy losses in this battle, despite the decryption regaining some of their forces back.

But GK's got A Protagonist on their team, and that's something.

Author:  Pointyleaf [ Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

ManaCaster wrote:
The call feels weird, huh? I wonder if that means Maggie is using one of those more unusual techniques Thinkamancers normally keep a secret to dodge Charlie.


Hm. Or maybe it means that the call is being monitored or recorded (for quality assurances purposes, that is). Or, maybe it's even being tampered with -- a slight change to what Maggie's saying could have big implications for how the Tool goes about preparing, and could potentially screw GK over.

Author:  Cantripmancer [ Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

Isn't it odd that Stanley can't "sense" Maggie? Might there be some question as to her loyalty (to Stanley vs to TGMTTA)? Or am I missing something basic?

Author:  technojunkie [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

Pointyleaf wrote:
ManaCaster wrote:
The call feels weird, huh? I wonder if that means Maggie is using one of those more unusual techniques Thinkamancers normally keep a secret to dodge Charlie.


Hm. Or maybe it means that the call is being monitored or recorded (for quality assurances purposes, that is). Or, maybe it's even being tampered with -- a slight change to what Maggie's saying could have big implications for how the Tool goes about preparing, and could potentially screw GK over.


It's also possible that charlie is attempting to jam the call and Maggie is either using all her strength or is being augmented by another thinkamancer to 'burn through'

Author:  King Mir [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

ManaCaster wrote:
Now that Charlie's ability to tap thinkagrams has been exposed, it wouldn't surprise me if he jams Gobwin Knob as completely as possible. After all, vital intel is more likely to be protected, so if he can do nothing else, he may as well inconvenience them.
I disagree. If Charlescom can evesdrop instead of jamming, he's better off doing so, because even non critical chatter can hint at privilaged information. Most use that Gobwin Knob makes of comunication charlie can intercept is to Charlie's advantage, so he's better off enabling that in the off chance that Parson makes that mistake.

Author:  ftl [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

Well, he can do both. Jam all he can and then eavesdrop on whatever gets through.

Author:  multilis [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

King Mir wrote:
ManaCaster wrote:
Now that Charlie's ability to tap thinkagrams has been exposed, it wouldn't surprise me if he jams Gobwin Knob as completely as possible. After all, vital intel is more likely to be protected, so if he can do nothing else, he may as well inconvenience them.
I disagree. If Charlescom can evesdrop instead of jamming, he's better off doing so, because even non critical chatter can hint at privilaged information. Most use that Gobwin Knob makes of comunication charlie can intercept is to Charlie's advantage, so he's better off enabling that in the off chance that Parson makes that mistake.

I disagree. Once you know that enemy has broken your code it is still useful to send messages *when you want* without code by radio to your army. It is useful for enemy to jam those transmissions while at same time they monitor them. (Since everyone knows they are listening you will only send orders when helpful to your side compared to theirs)

For example, suppose during WW2 Japan had broken all of american codes and americans knew that. An american scout spots lots of Japanese airplanes heading to Pearl Harbor. It is in american interests to radio Pearl Harbor to warn them even though it will also warn the japanese that they have been spotted. It is in Japan's interests to jam the radio signal.

Author:  Lipkin [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

Cantripmancer wrote:
Isn't it odd that Stanley can't "sense" Maggie? Might there be some question as to her loyalty (to Stanley vs to TGMTTA)? Or am I missing something basic?

The Thinkomancers Temple blocks Thinkogram surveillance. This could include blocking natural thinkomancy of Rulers.

Also, that's a very good Stanley.

Author:  Zeal [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

Quote:
"...prepare the city for possible assault by air. From Charlescomm."


I bet five quatloos that this is misdirection and that if Gobwin Knob is attacked it will be through the dungeon by Marbits. I've been waiting far too long for that particular shoe to drop.

Author:  Lipkin [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

Zeal wrote:
Quote:
"...prepare the city for possible assault by air. From Charlescomm."


I bet five quatloos that this is misdirection and that if Gobwin Knob is attacked it will be through the dungeon by Marbits. I've been waiting far too long for that particular shoe to drop.

I think you mean Gobwins.

Author:  Tonot [ Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Epilogue 10 - Message to the Tool

I don't know enough of the rules of the game to see why Charlie isn't all but invulnerable.

When we here in RL have a country with massive air-superiority with matching weapons power, matchless communications (and not just to their own troops, but able to gather in the communications of your enemies too) and superior reach (Which is the same as Move in Erfworld, right?) are they not considered all but invulnerable?.

How is Parson supposed to protect his own kingdom/ruler at the same time as attacking a guy who must have a scary powerful ability to concentrate his forces onto anyone attacking him?.

Page 1 of 6 All times are UTC-05:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/