Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:39 am 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
Quote:
Beyond, in the sunlight, stood an army of tiny people in elaborate dress. Hoop skirts and pointed shoes.
So they're Archons, if we can believe anything from Jillian's trip.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:26 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Peep-at-you uses Thunderbolt! It's not very effective
    Flower Lizard is paralyzed! Maybe it can't attack
    Flower Lizard tries to run away!
    Flower Lizard is Paralyzed! It can't move
    Jillian uses Gate Smash! Its Super effective
    Flower Lizard Faints!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:28 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Quote:
    “Think we’re too high!” she shouted.

“Clearly,” said the Snipe.

Nice double entendre! :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:38 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    With Olive now dead how will this all effect what was mentioned in the epilog of book 2? Jillian has won this battle but how will this play out I think Charlie had a purpose for his daughter and he obliviously could have dealt with her so why had she not?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:51 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    If the army at the gate consisted of Archons, why would Olive expect them to obey her? Anyway they'd probably be airborne. No, something else is going on here.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:52 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Wait, I though Jack was out of juice?

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:52 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    twhitt wrote:
    Quote:
    Beyond, in the sunlight, stood an army of tiny people in elaborate dress. Hoop skirts and pointed shoes.
    So they're Archons, if we can believe anything from Jillian's trip.

I agree with that conclusion. Natural Allies would have been forced to attack, I think. Archons that were paid for, on the other hand, don't HAVE to necessarily attack...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:56 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    Shai_hulud wrote:
    Wait, I though Jack was out of juice?

He was out of juice in Book 2 before he died.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:09 am 
    So is the ding dong part of a celebration or is that a doorbell? And did the army belong to Olive or was that lost when she was captured? I doubt that there's another heir that took command, but it's possible. Do natural allies' alliances end when the ruler is captured with no heir? Jillian was captured, but Faq had no other capital sites. And I wonder what the others saw. Every other person present would be an interesting view point. The casters and how they view each other/the king. Jack specifically, with his way of looking at things. The king. And Wanda of course, for her view of Jillian. And the peeps.

Now there's an army outside of the city that really can't defend itself. But an army of high munchkins might not be able to climb the city walls of the capital.

Too bad Olive died like that. I bet she was worth a ton of xp.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:19 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I really think Olive should have ran for the MK. Rebuilt her power base from their.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:20 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Has collected at least one unit
    As the owner of Bulbagarden / Bulbapedia, I approve of this episode. =D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:28 am 
    Oh, sweet, the owner of Bulbapedia!

Somehow I didn't expect Olive to die. I thought fate forbade it somehow, but I gotta remember that all we really know is that FAQ is toast.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:01 pm 
    Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.
    Well, if she is actually dead, Jillian is the one that did it, like Fate decreed.

also: Don't let the gate hit ya, where the gwiffon should have bit ya :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:09 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I'm wondering if maybe the army was made up of High elves. It could be possible that, unlike regular units, natural allies do not automatically disband when a side falls. The only times we have seen sides fall and their field units disband, they were for sides that we never confirmed them to having Natural allies(unaroyal, goodminton). As for the army not attacking, its possible that they were under the effects of the garden just like Jillian and faq was so they were too disoriented to attack

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:20 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    MonteCristo wrote:
    It could be possible that, unlike regular units, natural allies do not automatically disband when a side falls.
    I think we actually do have suitable precedent on this. When the Gobwins rose up and killed Saline, GK lost the capital, so the side ended. But the Gobwins didn't disband.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:26 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    MonteCristo wrote:
    I'm wondering if maybe the army was made up of High elves. It could be possible that, unlike regular units, natural allies do not automatically disband when a side falls. The only times we have seen sides fall and their field units disband, they were for sides that we never confirmed them to having Natural allies(unaroyal, goodminton). As for the army not attacking, its possible that they were under the effects of the garden just like Jillian and faq was so they were too disoriented to attack

I'll offer 3 possibilities who the munchkin army is: Archons, High Elves or Marbits.

Marbits: A natural ally, short stature, actually do have pointy shoes and ears. They probably don't disband when Side ends. I find it unlikely. There's no reason for Marbits to be near Olive's Garden.

Archons: The description doesn't really fit in. And they would have been flying.

Quote:
    Beyond, in the sunlight, stood an army of tiny people in elaborate dress. Hoop skirts and pointed shoes. Elaborate hats and hairstyles. But they were an army, Jillian was sure of that.

I find High Elves to be most likely. They are smoking things, giggling all the time and are wearing "screaming"/garish colours. And also dresses. Maybe this is how they look to themselves when they are high on their drugs? High Elves are also a natural ally so they probably don't disband and there would be a reason for them to be near Olive's Garden: they are using plant-based drugs and there's lots of different plants in the garden. And High Elves also like to sing and make noise...

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:40 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I'm betting they're archons, and Charlie is going to do some gunboat diplomacy here.

The entire side of Faq is incapacitated by the smoke now, and knows more about Charlie's history than anyone else in all of Erfworld. They can't possibly mount a defense against the army of archons he's got on their doorstep. Charlie is always a businessman, though... so although Faq is potentially a threat because of what they know, he'll offer them a choice of "everyone sign a lifetime NDA or say hello to a crapton of archons who are knocking on the door" (also, no one's paying him to kill an entire side, and Charlie's a Carniemancer; he knows how these stories go... someone always escapes).

I bet there's even a Rule about it, along the lines of "We're in this for the smuckers; don't leave any debts uncollected. (corollary: ... unless you get them on an installment plan & tack on a high interest rate)"

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:56 pm 
    No one in particular wrote:
    I'm betting they're archons, and Charlie is going to do some gunboat diplomacy here.

The entire side of Faq is incapacitated by the smoke now, and knows more about Charlie's history than anyone else in all of Erfworld. They can't possibly mount a defense against the army of archons he's got on their doorstep. Charlie is always a businessman, though... so although Faq is potentially a threat because of what they know, he'll offer them a choice of "everyone sign a lifetime NDA or say hello to a crapton of archons who are knocking on the door" (also, no one's paying him to kill an entire side, and Charlie's a Carniemancer; he knows how these stories go... someone always escapes).

I bet there's even a Rule about it, along the lines of "We're in this for the smuckers; don't leave any debts uncollected. (corollary: ... unless you get them on an installment plan & tack on a high interest rate)"
    Or perhaps it's: "The opportunity to get paid by the enemy for extracting your own troops doesn't just knock on your door every day."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:18 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I suppose archons could have veiled themselves to fool Olive, but what would have been the point?

And they would have to have been in the hex already, since presumably it's still Haffaton's turn. None of this sounds very plausible, but I don't have a better explanation. It's a pretty safe bet that Charlie is behind it, though.

Edit: Oh duh!

Charlie was trying to trick Olive into thinking her troops were out there, so that she would escape and he could capture her. With his two or three veiled archons.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:38 pm 
    I don't think the units outside the city gates are Archons. First off, it was still Haffaton's turn. Secondly, the city was controlled by Faq. It has been argued in other threads that the garden is in the same hex as the city, and surrounds it. The only units that could enter the hex (had move) would be those already allied to Haffaton before the start of the turn. Archons would have no way of entering the hex the city and garden is in (exceptions following). This leaves several possibilities. Natural allies is the most likely. Less likely is that there were already an army of archons in the battle space, or that Haffaton allied with Charlie last turn. Seeing as how Charlie was caught off guard by his daughter in the thinkagram, I really doubt the second and third options.

Also, can we please burn the epileptic twee about Janis being Olive? Ding dong the witch is dead. Loving the pokemon references as well.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions