Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 114
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:58 pm 
Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
Firstly: XIN NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! No disrespect for the new artist coming on board, but I have fallen in love with your amazing work Xin and hope that my love of the comic is not diminished by your leaving. Best of luck with everything for sure!

Secondly: Nice job ending book two without answering ANY of the hanging questions we all have. Can Decrypted casters cast? What's going to happen with Stanley and the Capital switch? Does Charlie have an army sitting within reach of Spacerock? Find out next time, same Bat time, same Bat channel?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:04 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Quote:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one weirded out by a rosy-cheeked Jack.

It's the eyebrows combined with the smile. They're very angry, which gives him a malicious look.

Wanda probably looks a bit sad because she knows the tool fate has on people.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    In retrospect, I'm sort of surprised that some stuff from book 2 just got sort of lost amongst the confusion. What's going on in Transylvito - why were we even seeing them in book 2, if they weren't gonna have an effect on anything? I though that for sure we'd get some resolution of Caesar and Don somehow.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Farewell, Xin. You did beautiful work and you should be very proud of it. Thank you.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:06 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    SriSyadasti wrote:
    No booping in the MK? Significant?

Parson broke the boop filter back at the end of Book 1.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:27 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So ends book 2. Parson has just made sure that everyone will be on edge. How this will play out will make Book 3 a very interesting event. I hope Jack will break free from Wanda and freely join Parson. I do see Parson going it alone from GK and I wonder who will follow him when he does split? Great job Xin, you will be missed and I hope you have good luck in your new direction!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:27 pm 
    Aquillion wrote:
    A more interesting thought: Parson knows that Thinkagrams aren't secure now, I think. By declaring his intention to kill Charlie over them, he's basically giving Charlie a declaration of war.

Or an attempt to sucker Charlie into firing the first shot in the MK. Seems too obvious to fool Charlie, though.

Jojo on the likely consequences of firing the first shot:
    http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -09-27.jpg

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:15 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Hehehe, Black Jack.

I'm actually a little weirded out by his appearance here. He seems more of a malicious zealot than a crazy clown. Which is of course an effect of the Arkenpliers... right? ..... right?
    *: That actually gives me thought. I might wanna look into the personalities of all Decrypted characters pre- and post- decryption. I seem to remember Ansom only reapplied his own fervor to a different ideal, Sylvia(?) went completely bonkers, and Ossomer changed so little that he was able to turn. Perhaps an effect of concentration applied by Wanda, the same way she can have a single long-lasting zombie versus lots and lots of short lived deadies? Thoughts for eating.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:25 pm 
    I have got to say that I finally registered on the forums after reading this webcomic for a couple of years just to say that

Jack and Ace look absolutely atrocious in red and black. It does not suit them at all. :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:28 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I feel sorry for Artemis.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:35 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    SriSyadasti wrote:
    No booping in the MK? Significant?

Ladies & gentlemen of the forum.
    I have one piece of advice for you
    No matter what a caster tells you
    There's no booping in the Magic Kingdom... NONE!
    Oh there's MAGIC in the Magic Kingdom
    But you don't want magic... you want boop
    And there's NO boop... in the Magic Kingdom

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:55 pm 
    Thanks for the awesome, exceptional, inspirational art, Xin. Your work is remarkable.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:03 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Nice to see Jack again. He's looking good for a dead guy. :D

Actually, he looks better than he did before. I have to wonder just how bad that long term trimancer link messed him up, and how much dying/decryption helped him.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:15 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    By the way, I think nobody's mentioned Marie's comments:

"The last war EVER just started."

Pretty epic.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:16 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    That was definitely meant for Charlie.

Thanks for everything, Xin, and please take care of yourself and your loved ones.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:31 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Yes, that is Jack's natural skin color. That's him to the left of Banhammer (it can be reasonably surmised). So either the eyes are his natural color, too, or it's another trick of some sort.

Yup, definitely lost that bet about Ace. He doesn't look terribly thrilled about his new role, either. But I'm confident that he'll warm up to Parson, and vice versa. Even without juice, Ace and Jack would be invaluable strategic consultants to Parson.

What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:51 am 
    I cannot wait to see what Decrypted Jack is like, especially how he interacts with Wanda. The general assumption has been that he would be as loyal to her as the typical Decrypted. But it occurs to me -- what does that mean for someone like Jack who is (a) kinda loopy to start with on account of being a Foolamancer and (b) someone who knows Wanda intimately. Is he really going to be all "Oh my Dark Sexy Majesty!!" like Ansom was? Or is he going to serve Wanda by giving her what he thinks she needs instead of what she says she wants? What game will they play next, indeed?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:52 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Um. Parson wants to kill Charlie now? Not just get him out of the picture? Holy crap.

Not sure about Wanda's expression in the last panel. I'd almost say she has something weighing on her conscience, except... well, you know. Also, is she looking ahead, or at Sizemore?

And yeah, BlackJack does look a little maniacal. A strange contrast to Wanda... I've always thought that Wanda was at her scariest when she looked most human. See panel 7 here. But Jack seems to have lost his capricious nature.

Lastly, I guess this marks Xin's last comic. Take care Xin, we'll miss you.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:59 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    I read Wanda as serine and at peace with Fate; she is confident that she's on the right path.

Jack, he looks like a shark: predatory and ruthless.

Xin, So long, and thanks for your great work.

Now to prepare ourselves for another gear shift of art styles.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:06 am 
    Yahoo Messenger: tick_72000@yahoo.com
    Parson found his cajones, sweet.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions