Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Erfabet
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:44 am 
E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Yeah, the erfabet is probably simplifying a little for the sake of rhyming. I'd go with what was said earlier being true, and calling them "casters" being just a thing to make a cute rhyme about them. They're sort of like casters in that they can cast, they're just not actually Casters (can't go into the MK, have a limited supply of spells, etc.)

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:24 am 
    "Yeah they are not technically casters. But I just had my poetic license renewed and I figured I would take it out for a spin." --Rob, on Facebook

I continue to be impressed with the Erfabet. I'm also LOVING having content every day!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:33 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Nnng. Vanna's eyes. They are super creepy. D =

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:31 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit
    Shai_hulud wrote:
    Nnng. Vanna's eyes. They are super creepy. D =

Ya, I think Hahn made a mistake there. The old solid eyes were a result of low detail. Those eyes were all round, like Little Orphan Annie. The human visual system does not pay much attention to the details of color boundary, which is why water colors work so well, so a circle full of color could be seen as a human eye shows in low resolution. But here Vanna's eyes have a detailed boundary instead of a circle, so the iris ought to be detailed, too, or you get a weird psychological reaction. Or it could be that they want us to have a weird reaction.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:47 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    WLM: zilfallon@hotmail.com
    http://www.erfworld.com/wp-content/uplo ... ed_640.png

Shouldn't the red dwagon be a plated dwagon in this picture? It really looks weird when Tool rides an unarmored one. HE DESERVES A BETTER STEED!

You know... at this point you boops aren't beating dead horses any more. You're making glue.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:06 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Queen: Yeah, Vanna does look a bit odd, but the first thing I noticed was the posture, eyes and expression was Jillian. She looks like she needs a hug! Very fitting with the caption.

Jack: Both Jack and the Tool look a bit odd here. Perhaps it is that Jack has been getting a more youthful look lately.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:43 am 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Could Vanna have been meant to be shown at the time she was linked to Charlie, and that's why her eyes are weird

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:38 am 
    http://www.erfworld.com/wp-content/uplo ... ed_640.png

IMHO the last few erfabets are just bad, art-wise. That background with no detail, Bogroll, Parson...I'm not saying the artist is bad, the first Erfabets were actually pretty good and I was really looking forward to new ones, but the "2" and "Stanley" ones are not to my liking.

You know... at this point you boops aren't beating dead horses any more. You're making glue.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:41 pm 
    I think the Erfabet series is cute and all, but when are we going to get a new update? All I have to read now is the reaction forum where people are having verbal knife-fights over how many subatomic fate particles can co-exist on the head of a needle.

A book zero update would be nice.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:47 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    VERY well-timed comment!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:49 pm 
    arkerpay wrote:

Is this predictamancy or carnymancy?

I mean, did he see a text update coming or did he make it come? :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:08 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Or maybe he used turnamancy to decrease the amount of time an update does, or Rhymamancy to inspire Xin.

Wait I know what we need a Dittomancer. Dos anyone on the forum know dittomancy so we can duplicate Rob and Xin, and get updates twice as fast.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:39 pm 
    Have you been looking at Xin's work? The detail on this last one amazes. Probably takes her a while.

Hahn's work is more like the original stuff. I think Rob gave him Erfabet as a way to come up to speed. Xin will be a tough act to follow.

As for Hahn's Tool, well, he looks a bit dumpy compared to what we are used to, but I am going to call it signamancy. All he does is stay at home and get carried around by twolls.
    I kinda like the way he draws Parson looking dubiously at Bogroll, too. 'Cept he's missing a pizza stain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:52 pm 
    zilfallon wrote:
    arkerpay wrote:

Is this predictamancy or carnymancy?

I mean, did he see a text update coming or did he make it come? :D

Neither. It was pure luckamancy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:33 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    arkerpay wrote:
    I think the Erfabet series is cute and all, but when are we going to get a new update? All I have to read now is the reaction forum where people are having verbal knife-fights over how many subatomic fate particles can co-exist on the head of a needle.

This clearly proves that fate is a real thing, and that ten fate-archons can dance on a needles head.
    Period.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:55 am 
    Vreejack wrote:
    Have you been looking at Xin's work? The detail on this last one amazes. Probably takes her a while.

Hahn's work is more like the original stuff. I think Rob gave him Erfabet as a way to come up to speed. Xin will be a tough act to follow.

As for Hahn's Tool, well, he looks a bit dumpy compared to what we are used to, but I am going to call it signamancy. All he does is stay at home and get carried around by twolls.
    I kinda like the way he draws Parson looking dubiously at Bogroll, too. 'Cept he's missing a pizza stain.

Assuming this was a reply to my comment, you misunderstood me.

I'm not comparing Hahn to Xin, it is obvious their styles are different and I'm not saying that I don't like Hahn's style. In fact, I always liked Jamie's extremely low detailed drawings more. I was merely comparing the early Erfabet updates to the latest ones. And yes, even though I liked Jamie's detail-free style more, I don't like the latest Erfabets.

Edit: The "9" erfabet is pretty good, maybe Mr Hahn rolled a natural 1 on the parson-bogroll and tool-jack ones? :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:56 am 
    I didn't really like "9". It was set up well, but Ossimer lacked that "Man of Steel" look that Xin had cultivated. She always made him appear to be Superman's stunt double, but now he's just some guy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:59 am 
    I really like "I is for Infantry".

That image looks so much like an animation still that I would swear the troopers are moving.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:59 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    zilfallon wrote:
    Vreejack wrote:

Assuming this was a reply to my comment, you misunderstood me.

I'm not comparing Hahn to Xin, it is obvious their styles are different and I'm not saying that I don't like Hahn's style. In fact, I always liked Jamie's extremely low detailed drawings more. I was merely comparing the early Erfabet updates to the latest ones. And yes, even though I liked Jamie's detail-free style more, I don't like the latest Erfabets.

Edit: The "9" erfabet is pretty good, maybe Mr Hahn rolled a natural 1 on the parson-bogroll and tool-jack ones? :D

Also keep in the mind that the whole point of the 'erfabet' is to give Mr. Hahn a chance to get used to drawing Erfworld and its characters, so that by the time he starts drawing book 3 he'll have a better sense of what works and what doesn't. Remember that Xin's art (the characters in particular) was pretty rough at the start of Book 2, and grew better and better as the book progressed.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:58 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Man, those round eyes look creepy. I don't think they're supposed to.

[edit] Talking about the Night update, with Sizemore and Janis [/edit]

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions