Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:15 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Judging by the new page, it was Fate, since the beam made a "MANOS" sound effect when it fell (referencing Manos: The Hand of Fate.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:39 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Kreistor wrote:

Okay, I'm rude. Is that your rationalization for other people doing bad things to me the way the word "arrogance" does for most?

Just... Just stop it, you're embarrassing yourself at this point. Almost everyone here agrees that you are overly-aggressive, that you make false conclusions and ignores peoples valid arguments and that your assumption that you are the victim is not only wrong, it is belittling the people that you attack frequently.
    Much love,
    Fjord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:05 pm 
    I just thought of something...

Maybe Parson isn't a Caster. But he's something else, and the portals can't figure out if they're supposed to destroy him. He's not a caster -- but he's not NOT a caster either.

I think he's just a person. He can do anything he sets his mind to, anything he works hard enough at, tries to figure out, and practices. He can cast spells, and he can learn to fight, and he can learn rules of strategy. No other units in Erfworld have total freedom to diversify. They're all forced to specialize. Parson can be a great leader without it being represented as a "Leadership bonus." I also think he can cast spells without "being a Caster."

He breaks rules. He's a human being with a few stats slapped on, as opposed to the Erfworld units, who are collections of stats with a personality slapped on.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:19 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Aquillion wrote:
    Judging by the new page, it was Fate, since the beam made a "MANOS" sound effect when it fell
    That is a subtle joke, not actual evidence! It's an enormous leap from that sound effect to Active Fate.

name lips wrote:
    I think he's just a person. He can do anything he sets his mind to, anything he works hard enough at, tries to figure out, and practices.
    I've been thinking the same thing since we learned that Parson actually can cast spells. Parson is the strangest sort of caster that we've seen. Since Wanda popped we know that casters pop knowing just how to cast their type of spells, but Parson is a caster who never popped and therefore doesn't know any spells at all. It seems clear that he could learn spells just like any caster learns spells outside of his specialty, by using a caster as a teacher.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:03 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Subtle? It was as subtle as the rant in Plan 9 from Outer Space.

It's a direct statement from the author that _fate did this_. Now, it doesn't mean fate is conscious or anything else, but it says that _that was fate_.

If it was McFate - that was just how things were going to work out, nothing else to it - then all the buildup around predictamancy would be terrible storytelling. Rob is not a terrible storyteller.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:21 pm 
    drachefly wrote:
    Subtle? It was as subtle as the rant in Plan 9 from Outer Space.
    Not everyone knows about Manos: The Hands of Fate. It's not really a popular movie. Unsubtle would be more like using "FATE" as the sound effect.

drachefly wrote:
    It's a direct statement from the author that _fate did this_.
    No, the direct statement is "Manos," and you can take that to mean what you like, but don't mistake your interpretation for the actual words of the author. I wish we had a real direct statement about what Fate does or does not do.

drachefly wrote:
    If it was McFate - that was just how things were going to work out, nothing else to it - then all the buildup around predictamancy would be terrible storytelling.
    What makes you say that? So Predictamancy just knows how things are going to work out and Dirtamancy just moves dirt around. Does that make Dirtamancy also terrible storytelling? To me Predictamancy seems more than important enough just for being able to do what we've seen, without having to imagine invisible hands of Fate doing stuff.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:41 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Manos. What ELSE could it mean? It may not be a popular movie, but it is notorious, and all you need to know is the title.

This reminds me of the people who say Princess Celestia isn't a goddess.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:47 pm 
    drachefly wrote:
    Manos. What ELSE could it mean? It may not be a popular movie, but it is notorious, and all you need to know is the title.

This reminds me of the people who say Princess Celestia isn't a goddess.

I figured it just meant if was a giant hand slamming into it as really good Shockmancy. Never heard of Manos:The Hand of Fate. I could assume that because Hand of Fate is a common phrase, and Manos is spanish for hand maybe, but in reality I was thinking of Isaac slamming people with giant Hands of pewpew.

Also Princess Celestia is obviously not a goddess. Epic level princess wizard.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:25 pm 
    I'm not sure if there's actually a rule against it here, but it's bad form to resurrect old threads.

No one cares about a conversation from several months ago. If they did, it would still be going on.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:20 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    cheeseaholic wrote:
    Well he still might not be a caster. It could by some kind of Carnamancy trick that lets him cast. Temporary casting ability on the scroll....

I'm really sorry to resurrect an old thread, but can I just point this out and say that I'm really, really impressed that someone predicted this a year and a half before we got proof that it was true? It didn't even come from the discussion. This dude just made it up on the spot and it's literally all he said in his post! Like I'm not sure if this was a big theory in the rest of the thread or in later reaction threads, but I'm really impressed. Had anyone even considered this in the forums until this guy popped out of the lurk like a magical plot fairy that delivers hollow points to other forumites' theories?

Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions